ROTF Voyager Megatron more pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Veeeerrry nice! Not sure why he's green, but it doesnt look bad by no means. Unlike the blue "ice" on the first voyager megatron toy.

Yep i'll be getting this one and the fallen as they look badass together. Its just such a crying shame they didnt put this much effort in redesigning that awful voyager prime.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even with telescopics in use there's alot of newer models than the one Megatron used and still uses in most G1 recent fiction such as IDW.

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

You kidding me right?

Voyager Prime is sex on legs.

This is green crap.

4. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I strongly disagree. Voyager prime is a travesty. That huge backpack, the silly smokestack/guns and what the heck is up with the hands and the over-sized knee-guards?

Im more pissed off that they redesigned Leader prime to look like ultimate sex-win epic amazing-ness masterpiece in plastic form, yet did sweet eff all to voyager prime except give him an even less accurate paintjob.

I think this megatron looks great, much better than the first movies' voyager megatron.

5. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Won't be buying it,
    but it's worlds better
    than the first movie
    megatron voyager.

6. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    Go Chinese factory thieves! :thumbs2: :thumbs2: 

On a less cynical note, I'm getting this one b/c I already have enough Leader Class (called "Giga" or "Super Vehicle" then?) tank-based Megatrons from Armada, so a V-Class tank-based Megatron will fill the gap between my tank-based Leader Class Megs/Galvs and Deluxe Class Universe 2.0 Galvs. Nice, very nice...

7. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    The Target V-Class Megs that came with Final Battle Jazz was actually "bronze + fire" and was quite good actually compared to the "blue + ice" look of the standard one. One of the fastest morphs I ever seen, esp. of a V-Class figure...

8. DarthP00P00

DarthP00P00 Autobot

Teh hell is up with the whole *GREEN* look. its just...so off.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Only thing that makes it look particularly out of place is that it has a single attachment point. Most telescopics attach with two rings, at least all the ones I've seen.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But you see, I'm talking about the fact that the member was right when he said that G1 Megatron's characteristic arm cannon is outdated, considering that it is a old model.

Anyway, all this scope talk made me think, wouldn't it be cool if G1 Megatron turned into a more futuristic gun? That way they could make his arm cannon/scope look alot more alien canon-ish than a black pipe.

11. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Yepp, methinks with that. Its either a combo with The Fallen or a possesion by The Fallen
    hes mine ^_^

12. Gunshow

Gunshow Active Member

Ebay:
    Tank mode looks a little like G1 Bombshell from the side. At least in overall layout or silhouette. Or maybe an enema bag. XD

13. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Maybe he's just sea sick.

14. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually doesn't look that bad.

15. OptimusWii

OptimusWii Member

I keep thinking about this.
    [​IMG]

I know it's supposed to be designed that way, but it just looks so funny.

16. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Doctor 4: "It's okay, his head was all like "Oh hai!" before anyway."

17. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Wow, that looks...better than the Leader class. I think I'll skip the big one and go for this here Voyager. I like the "cage" around the head, and the entire tank/jet mode, very tight.

18. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

His alt mode is just a thousand time better and more realistic than the crappy leader class version. The leader class is just so tall an massive in alt mode than one single shell would destroy him.

This green version is much aerodynamic and good looking. I want a leader class version of him!

And that weird theory of him being possessed by the fallen, it sounds good. I mean, why would he look like that otherwise?

It's just sad he will be small next to leader prime. He looks so great and badass (he's the only toy that tempts me with leader prime)

19. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    I love it. he's articulated. Who cares about the back kibble anyway... actually, it looks like it can be removed so no worries for anyone skilled with a screwdriver (if it even NEEDS one to be removed).

As for combining with The Fallen? Nah. Not happening.

You see, the previous voyager megs was "Pre-Prime-Fight" and all frozen and stuff.

So....

Doesn't it make sense that megatron needs a "backpack" or attachment of some kind that has aero...or rather hydrodynamic wings... so he can leave his watery tomb? Wouldn't that explain his crab-like appearance? wouldn't that explain his greenish tint?

If they follow the same formula for this movie as they did with TFTM-07, then this is a version of Megs prior to his return to battle, thus the smaller voyager treatment.

Even though Leader Megs' tank mode is effing huge (and an imposing vehicle mode always appeals to Autobot Spike), I think that this toy offers better play-value, and more appeal based on his greater degree of intricacy and detail.

And I LOVE the bizarre green. It makes me smile. It's almost like they did it intentionally to stir up the "I hate the NOT-G1" arguments. myself? I'm embracing the strange, and will seek out this oddball incarnation of megatron... he's the first megs from the movie series i've like so far...(though i ALMOST bought leader megs-07 on clearance at wal-mart a few months back.)

But ya. deep-sea green, no combine, pre-leader form.

That's where i stand.

And you heard it here first.

-A.S.

20. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

You might be right about the marine part. But then it would be he was resurrected deep inside the sea? It sounds weird.

Anyway, he's one of the most sexy thing of the rotf line.