ROTF Voyager Demolishor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by thenatureboywoo, May 22, 2009.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He's bigger than I thought. Very fun flippy topsy-turny transformation. Heavy ratchets in the arms threw me off at first, but now I get it. Very nice, but if you're on the fence about him, I don't think he'll win you over in person. I really wish he had real hands like he does in the movie (three-fingered, made out of the shovel) and seems incomplete without them. Recommended, but only to those who actually like Demolishor's design to begin with.

2. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

I did just that! :thumb 

3. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    nice review! i feel out of the loop here, does the individually sold constructicons combine? i know there are 2 versions comming out, are the onese being released now the non combining ones?

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ^The ones released right now do not combine. There will be a supreme class devastator that combines. However the individual alt modes will not transform into robots.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I knew what I was getting into from internet pics, but I was still left a little underwhelmed. I will say I expected a very basic transformation and actually got a little confused a couple times. Definitely not one of the best Transformers in recent years thats for sure.

6. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

I noticed that closing the cab pieces when converting him back into an excavator can be tricky if the little hinges inside aren't lined up properly.

7. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    awesome figure, the arm/head ratchets are a little annoying, but im over it. Love that the rubber treads actually have a hole to peg into for vehicle mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    You sir, take some really awesome photos!

9. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    thanks!

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I'm honestly a bit let down ~ He's pretty small for a voyager (a lot of left over space in the box ~ another figure that could have been a lot better if the included the Ultra Class in the movie line) ~ the shovel arm could be longer and it would have been nice if the upper cab body articulated on the treads (I presume these mega excavators can do that???) I also thought the treads were free-rolling (i thought i read that in one of the early-early reviews) so he could move in alt mode.

but what really kills me on this mold, especially given the simplicity of his articulation, is he needs "wrist" swivels so the bucket can be turned inward like a proper hand and the bucket fingers REALLY needed to be articulated, it's just lame that they aren't. Edit: I also wish his Shoulders could swivel without taking the cab portion with them, as seen in kylash327's dope picture above.

Good Points: he's really well sculpted (Great headsculpt, one of the better movie heads), the transformation is cool and A LOT trickier than i expected (i thought he was going to be really simplistic), the Mech Alive gimmick (which overall i think is incredibly stupid compared to the automorph gimmick from the TFTM07 line) is well executed and actually fairly cool here. I really love his unique 'bot mode, he's kinda Vehicon-esque.

Overall, i give him a C-. not quite terrible, but the first TF in a while i've been let down by (i've gotten very picky with my purchases)

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

If it were'nt for his repeated trailer scenes, and him being one of the Constructicons, I probably would'nt have touched him. But since this will probably be the best toy version of him , well....one down 6 to go.

He'll get better as more of his crew joins him. He's very sturdy, one to throw to the kids to play with. What you see is what you get, no suprises, but once in hand he only get's better, kind of grows on you.

BM Thrust and his one wheel style is still cool IMO, so this guy should hold up in time. If you feel ripped off, just watch the trailer more. He'll also look nicer displayed with some Legends.

I think he's more of a $15 toy, like the older Mega scale. They could've added a little more to it, like more joints etc..

If you play with your figs this guys probably a winner, you can just hold him and hover roll him with one hand without using both hands to mimic legs running lulz

pics

[​IMG]

back
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/ROTF/rotfDemolisher1.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bike mode
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  12. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Alright, I'll bite. What do you mean by "going Bionicle"? To me that would mean they continually release sets of six guys that are functionally identical and only differ in color and superficial decorative items, and all the really cool and creatively designed sets are huge and expensive. Or possibly a reference to selling blindpacked "collectible" items that have dozens and dozens of things in the full "set" that you foolishly think you have a hope of completing but just end up with piles of duplicates. Transformers hasn't done stuff like that so you are obviously talking about something else.

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Bought him today.

Unusual, but awesome and fun.

14. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

What's you're favorite Constructicon?

I intend to get all but Hightower and maybe Rampage. I don't like the whole beast mode and four legs respectively. I could just keep them in vehicle mode but it would defeat the point of the whole "Transformer" thing.

15. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Cool. Is it an official mode?

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    The biggest problem I have with mine is that in bot mode, I can't move his right arm without causing his head to move as well.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not really, but it's something he can do in the movie.

I think thet's because the wheel sections are supposed to be able to move around the head and arms like he does in teh trailers.

He deffinately grows on you, but putting him next to legends and minicons helps a lot.

18. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    this is about the best Demolisher is good for

[​IMG]

19. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Just noticed while messing with mine, and I haven't seen anyone mention this before. The "hands/split bucket halves" the outside edge "fingers" actually can fold in and not just look like half a bucket.

20. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    can you fold yours? they are sculpted with square corners, if they were round, they would be articulated..