ROTF Voyager Bludgeon - Absolutely Amazing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cavadus, Oct 21, 2016.

1. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Wholeheartedly agree. Bludgeon is easily one of my favorite Decepticons from the ROTF line (second only to Lockdown). He looks so good too that when I purged a big chunk of my ROTF figures, I kept Bludgeon (and Lockdown) and integrated them into my Classics shelf. Bludgeon fits right in and since his character has always dabbled in darker arts it also kind of makes sense if his look and style is just a little off compared to other bots.

Never bothered with the repaints though since, imo anyway, they didn't look as good as Bludgeon. :) 

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I agree the ROTF Bludgeon mold is great, as Bludgeon. the other uses it has been retooled for ,not so much. Its a case of a figure that is just too strongly made to be a particular character to work for repaints. IMO of course.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  3. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Lugnut is a great toy

4. kjata

kjata Well-Known Member

It needs ankles and wrists, in my opinion, but short of that it's a fantastic toy.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    *convinces self to sell off Bludgeon*
    *this thread happens*
    Sigh.

6. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I have the GDO G2 version And I've always been partial to it. So much so it made me regret skipping the original bludgeon. I like him because he's a great sword megatron, and there's not many of those. And I sometimes like pairing him up with RTS G2 Optimus for this pose:
    g2megsvader.jpg
    Which is a take off of this classic piece of Star Wars art:
    darthluke.png
    Also it's g2 appropriate. Wonder how this pose would work with the upcoming TR voyager Optimus?

7. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    I have the same practice, I generally sell of the figures I use as stand-ins when official/ better representations come along, but I just couldn't do it with Mindwipe. That stealth fighter mode is just too awesome and his bot mode is just as good. I just repurposed ROTF MW as a generic evil con to fill out one of my shelves. I have the Dreadwing version of the mold too. I bought a junker g2 Dreadwing and modded the head to fit the MW version.

But to get back onto topic of Bludgeon, the voyager version is great, but the deluxe repaint of Wreckage is along quite good too. Makes a nice stand-in for Bludgeons inner robot. Particularly with the Head Robots kit.

8. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I managed to snag one of these things mostly complete in a bag at a thrift store not long ago that also had a CHUG Drift in there which I'd needed for a while, and I kept the Bludgeon because I heard so many good things about him. And they're all true. I usually don't buy Decepticons but Bludgeon is such a weird outlier that I felt him worth keeping. Great mold, fantastic update of a character that hasn't gotten the love he deserves (particularly after his pretty awesome portrayal in the later Marvel comics) and I think anyone who's considering it should get one.

Ugh, I forget how many good repaints this thing had. I really need that G2 Megatron and Overlord/Gigatron some day...

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, he was released in 2009? The TF toys release during that year were the best in terms of balancing aesthetics and sculpt. Other gems include CHUGs like Jazz etc.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Be careful with the hands - once they break the toy kind of never can be fixed. Not even superglue could handle an attempt to get him to hold the sword hilt without breaking.