ROTF Videogame DLC details, price, release date confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Thundercrackah, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Well. Enjoy not playing the BEST Transformer game ever. When you finally buy it...you'll still be paying for the DLC, or not playing with the DLC characters.

I on the otherhand will enjoy the characters there already are, and continue enjoying my favorite game in a long time. Trust me, it is a complete experience with the characters that are already offered, but here here to the DLC coming soon. This game is badass, and a must have for any big transformer fan. Totally worth my 60 bucks. I can't wait to add some new characters to the list of my favortie characters to play as. Right now Skywarp...err..Seeker owns.

For the hell of it, I will make a list of who I want to show up. My list is as follows:

1.Sideswipe (confirmed)
    2.G1 Sideswipe (extra Sunstreaker skin)
    3.Jetfire- (I'm sure considering he already has an in-game model that is for sure.)
    4.G1 Optimus Prime model
    5.G1 Wheeljack
    6.Brawl (movie version)
    7.Soundwave (movie version)
    8.G2 Megatron skin (with G1 color scheme)
    9.G1 Starscream (we already know he is confirmed)
    10.the Fallen (I personally dont care to play as him, but I figure since he already has an in-game model, he is a likely candidate.)

2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Remember, all of the NEW movie characters aren't in the game for a reason. All of the concept art may not have been done, or some characters not even thought of. Notice Devastator is more similar to the concept art than the movie model. Jetfire has the knight shield style beard instead of the visible mouth and mustache/beard combo he has in the movie. They added purpose-designed drones to the roster to round it out and make up for the fact that they didn't have the actual movie characters ready to go. Grindor is just Blackout again. All of the Autobot renders are basically carryovers from the first game. It takes longer to design and implement new characters than to just implement old ones. So now they're making up for missing the characters by putting them in as DLC, instead of just leaving them out entirely.

3. NeilD83

NeilD83 Well-Known Member

Autobots
    -The Twins as one character
    -G1 Optimus
    -Sideswipe
    -Jetfire
    -Jolt or another G1 character, but i hope for JOLT!!

Decepticons
    -Mixmaster
    -Scrapper
    -G1 starscream
    -Bonecrusher
    -G1 character?

4. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

Very cool news
    I want the twins because they fucking coooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    Also mixmaster, scapper, jolt, hightower

5. MetaBeshter

MetaBeshter Well-Known Member

AHHHHHH!!!! I really hope G1 Prime is there!!! And G1 Bee too!! AHH I'M SO EXCITED I'M TOTALLY NERDING OUT!!! *Head explodes*:bay 

And of course, I was totally expecting the controversial "I'M NOT PAYING FOR DLC!" Seriously, stop complaining, you don't HAVE to pay, and there are sites out there that allegedly give you free points...but I've tried none, 'cause i ain't that dumb, but a friend of mine, whom by connections, is pretty much family found out a site which he sent a message to me saying it works, being my cautious self I still haven't tried it. I'm not going to post it either 'cause I haven't read the rules and I'm not sure if that's okay or not. But seriously, STOP COMPLAINING, yes it sucks, that we have to pay for Sideswipe, but it's how it is, it's the biz!

6. Grimlock1991

Grimlock1991 Well-Known Member

If they don't have Grimlock i'll be dissapointed.

7. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    What? You REALLY expect a giant dinosaur in Multiplayer? Go play Dash Of Destruction.

8. Grimlock1991

My Gamertag is Soundwave F22. Im G1 Fan, DW Comic G1 fan and IDW G1 fan. Armada and Beastwars are the other ones I liked.

9. Grimlock1991

Giant Dinosaurs or at least the T-rexs are the same sizes as a average TF. Grimlock G1 would make sense. Hes Fast and powerful.

10. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    And stupid.

11. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This, plus, you have to realize how little money of a game's sales the people who actually MAKE the game get-- 10%. So that big $60 game you bought, yeah, Luxoflux gets ~$6 of that. The rest goes to the retailer, the publisher, and the relevant console manufactuer-- and, for a game like this, licensing money as well. With ever-escalating man hours needed to put together a game (or at least a quality game), DLC is practically a requirement on the "big systems" to increase profit margins past the razor-thin point. Remember, 90% of games don't make money-- studios survive on the 10% that do. And that's why video game studios come and go at such a rapid rate.

12. keanu577

keanu577 Member

Wow wii gets no love... You know the makers of PS2 and Wii edition probably didn't care about the stuff they did on the 2 versions... Well I better get a X box 360 for Christmas then.

13. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Wii sucks, ps2 sucks.

14. Grimlock1991

In the Comic Books he isn't stupid. Only in the Cartoon.

15. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Well from what I know the cartoon > comic books.

16. Grimlock1991

Comicbooks own any form of cartoons.

Comicbooks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cartooons

17. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'd like to see that expansion on the disc when the xbox 360 title inevitably makes platinum hits.

I convinced a stranger at gamestop to buy himself a copy of the game for the multiplayer. picked it up on the spot.
    Good thing he did'nt know I was horribly Biased. :ev: 

18. Grimlock1991

Ironhide: "Well look as these assholes Prime."

19. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder how much of this so-called DLC is actually on the disc, just waiting to be unlocked?
    Alternate skins, Jetfire & drone characters already seen are probably on there to be playable, as demonstrated by some PC hacks.
    Because what if someone doesn't want to pay for the download?
    For online multiplayer all the game disc content usually needs to be syncronized.

Sometimes you have a mandatory free update on some games at certain times, that's usually when some new content, not on the disc becomes available. And you just have to pay for it to unlock it, but the code will be available to everyone. So someone else's G1 Screamer will show up in your multi-player game whether you got yours or not.

If there is no mandatory update after the DLC release, then we can assume all this stuff was already on the disc & they just made us wait to pay & unlock it. Like Capcom did with Street Fighter IV. The alternate costumes were already on the disc to be paid for later. But the Champ mode had to be a mandatory free update that wasn't there on release.

No big deal, just an FYI.
    I'm lookin forward to this as much as the next fan. Time to get my multiplayer skills up....

20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    RE: G1 Screamers voice actor, isn't Tom Kenny in the movie as Skids? He could possibly play Starscream again as he did so well for animated.