ROTF: The Astronomy Professor

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Grey Line, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Grey Line

Grey Line Autobot Signal Intel

Not sure if this was discussed at length before. But, I have to wonder what the professor knew or found out when Sam returned to class in the credit scene.

1. Did he come to the realization in Sam's mental meltdown on stage that he was on to something not known to humans before?

2. Did he put 2 & 2 together that Sam and this Alien robotic race worked together. Thusly inquired about scientific theory Sam had spoken in similar fashion to Blur? Finding out why Einstein was wrong and completely erradicating known and accepted thought on mathematics, physics and science? See Sentinel's explanation on the laws of physics regarding the space bridge?

3. Or did he have an encounter with Bee or Optimus when talking with Sam before returning to class?

2. SamsHappyTime

SamsHappyTime Well-Known Member

I always wondered about this. I assumed that he had realized Sam's connection to the Autobots via "turn over the boy" proved whatever Sam babbled in class wasn't gibberish. The possibility of more "science" out there was probably refreshing, especially with his alpha and omega ego, so he was nice, but not sucking up, yet addressing Sam's celebrity-like nature for the class as well, which I imagine a professor might do in real life with a celebrity to keep things in order.

Also: Bumblebee peed on him. Bee was pledging for that fraternity with the tight shirts. And that's a LOT more believeable than buttchugging, which actually happened.

3. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Uhm, I missed that part... sure you're not thinking of Bee "peeing" on Simmons in the first film?

4. SamsHappyTime

No, I was joking. It's fun to think about Bee peeing on humans to resolve conflicts.

5. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

I know right, by the way, sweet name.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Sam's ramblings may not have been enough detail, or enough detail in a form of recognizable mathematics/physics for even an educated professor to bridge the gap between what we know and what Sam had in his head at the time. So to him, Sam's ravings may have seemed like just that... insane ravings. The professor didn't have the context to know that Sam was right that the rest of us did.

7. SamsHappyTime

Congrats! You are the first to acknowledge it!! I've been to this site plenty of times but never signed up. And one day while working and letting my mind wander, it hit me. It's that one awkward moment everone loves, hates, ignores, or refuses to accept- and it's captured forever! And every post I make brings it up for everyone to deal with! Plus it isn't a specific character, my handle elsewhere, or something meaningless to everyone. Also makes a great folder name for uh, stuff.

8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I would say that Sam's mental breakdown in class made him reflect on his teaching position. So, shortly after the end credits scene, he resigned from his position and took a job at a small paper company in Scranton, PA.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

So he was Dwight Schrute all along.

10. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

I'd be more interested to know exactly what the deal was with that professor in the first place...Im always glad to see that a man can be found attractive by the force of his charisma alone and not his looks but...there was something inherently creepy about him and how the girls seemed to swoon. The whole performance was just...Odd.

11. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    Odd and completely unnecessary. It could have easily been a non-descript generic character. Waste of time, money, and space. I can't stand Rainn WIlson, he's a one-trick pony. And it's a crappy trick.

12. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The bit with the apple was just........?!?!

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    He was aping Donald Sutherland's trick from Animal House with none of the subtlety or talent. That's why it sucked.

14. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is now my head cannon.

15. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Huh. I never even considered that. You might be right.

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I loved how he got angry at Sam for spazzing out because apparently he thought that would embarrass him in front of the dean.

Nevermind that the Dean was most certainly also there to witness his constant sexual innuendos towards the female students in the first row.

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    "Professor..."

"Oh gosh, here it comes. The restraining orders, the sexual harassment talk."

"...I am very ashamed of that boy's behaviour in your class. It reflects extremely poorly on you as a learn-ed instructor. Very poor control of your students. How dare you."

18. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im guessing some one from the government came to talk to him about what happend and told him to keep quiet about it and to allow sam back in to his class.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    maybe the Dean is cool with that because he's that kind of guy.

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

That scene makes me cringe.

Why even bother? Just let Sam have a breakdown without adding some pervert spice to the recipe.