ROTF : Supreme Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by frenzyrumble, Jul 2, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I tend to think many people who'd want a Devastator which breaks into 6 vehicles that TF into robots...didn't see the movie.

While that would be cooler (no doubt) it also wouldn't make any sense. Only way I see it really happening by a kitbasher would be a wildly out of proportion set of bots and terrible looking Devastator. If I do plan to tackle such an idea, I will be using this supreme set as the starting block, somehow making these 6 TF into robots, which might take a few years, lol.

I'll say it again, I'm very impressed with this figure. He's hand down the best ROTF I've put my hands on (and I think I have 99% of them...) Though it depends, the ice cream truck twins just arrived at the post office, they might outrank Devy

2. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Thats more ass than anything in the whole god damn world (not the review, good job frenzyrumble), that scrapper and hightower didn't even get their own robot mode, what they hell? Really, i'm disapointed, anyone else?

3. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I really want this toy now!

4. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    For a first review, that was pretty good. There is something about the color on Scrapper and Bonecrusher that I really like, it's not painted, but it doesn't look exactly clean.

The only thing I want to see now is the suction vortex light show.

Mixmaster is a little annoying though.

5. TIMtationX

TIMtationX opTIMus

News Credits:
    This thing is such a gigantic FAIL.

6. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

With that price and scale, I would have expected 10 x the detailing, correct proportions, as well as bot and vehicle modes for each 'con.
    Especially in this day and age.

I will say he looks pretty good in Devy mode. Nice size.
    Needs more balls, though.

7. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    not really a transformer is it! the only other example i can think of more alt mode less robot is overlord maby omega.at least overlord had an excuse he had 2 pilots! whats movie devs excuse multi personality disorder?

8. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    not really a transformer is it! the only other example i can think of more alt mode less robot is overlord maby omega.at least overlord had an excuse he had 2 pilots! whats movie devs excuse multi personality disorder?

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

just because you cuss in every post doesn't make you cooler bro. and scrapper and hightower didn't get robot modes, NONE of the vehicles who made devastator got robot modes in the movie

10. R.I.N.G.R.A.M.

R.I.N.G.R.A.M. 2nd Medic of Team Zissou

Im surprisingly not that fussed about the vehicles not transforming into bots because they didnt in the film either, im not THAT bothered by the messed up proportions because while its possible to acheive it would be a difficult thing to do.

The only things that really let this down are the price, way too high! £100 in the UK? Yeah right, good luck with that hasbro.:thumbs2: 

The second is the alarming quality of the vehicles (they look like pre-school toys), the lack of detail (some of them are smoother looking than sideswipe!) and the shocking lack of paint apps. I know you can paint them yourself, but this coupled with the price is what cripples this figure for me.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yup.

12. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a design for supreme davy could easily have incorporated simplistic FAB/gravity bot styled robot modes esp. as the vehicles and even the big guy himself really are like oversized FAB's anyway. Anything to give the impression of the robot would have been acceptable, remember these are for kids and a simple bot can provide more character to a toy as you have to animate it mentally. its not like the combined form doesnt look like a group of construction vehicles cobbled together, its not like the individual vehicles are over engineered to fit their two modes to begin with.

lazy or a simple bad decision.

13. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you, but scale bothers me a lot.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    wow, for $100, he's not that big :( . Wasnt Unicron bigger?

15. themac339

themac339 Member

This thing is absolutly hideous. Bayformers are a blight unto the world. At least I will be saving money not buying TFs for a while.

16. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Scale up the molds of the EZ Collection Devastator by about 250% and it would mop the floor with this thing. I am extremely disappointed with how Michael Bay and Hasbro have both handled the Constructicons... I don't care whether the individual 'bots that make up Dev in the film ended up being scripted to have individual bot modes or not (I don't think Bay did either for that matter), they darned well SHOULD have. Easy pass.

17. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    bought on sight ^_^ this guy would be fun to have battling my legends!

18. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I fully agree that this thing sucks, it's far from being an example of what the rest of the ROTF line has to offer. You're overlooking some fine gems in the ROTF line.

19. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:

I'd admit the figure does look alot better then we previously thought after the review I do want the figure. But you have to agree nothing about this figure not even his size warrants that $100 price tag, ultimate bumblebee has soo much more going on and he is only 90bucks

20. Smeg

Smeg Well-Known Member

Damn that Prime looks great.