ROTF : Supreme Class Devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    actually got those both on "the list"

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

Definitely looking forward to the latter.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking 2 ways for that. Either a straight up Ptitvastastor, same arrangement, but in ROTF colors (ie Mixmaster black and silver)

or...
    the universe constructicons used on the Ptitvastator but arranged in the ROTF formation (mixmaster would be the chest/head rather than an arm)

4. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Either way, it's gonna be awesome!:thumb 

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Do it all!!!! These will be great.

6. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    Oh please, a straight up Ptitvastastor, same arrangement, but in ROTF colors!

7. xaviercal

xaviercal Customizer/ Store Owner

you do amazing work

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think it's "the season" with the ROTF movie being released recently but also many of the guys who wanted your Ptit Dev ordered from you (you made like 40 or so of it didn't you)? So far, only the 4K buyer of this version of ROTF has one. So others are in line for one too.

9. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Uncalled for. And you're wrong, only the buyer can determine if it was worth what it sold for. If they feel they paid too much, then it's not worth that much. But if they're completely happy with the purchase, as I'm sure the person who as FR's Dev is, then it was completely worth it. Just like the guy who spends thousands of dollars on little printed cardboard slips with the picture of some 'Babe Ruth' guy on it. Value is determined not by popular opinion, not even the market, but what an individual is willing to pay for something.

10. CREG Customs

CREG Customs Mad plastic Scientist

Ebay:
    Well said Sir, well said.

11. micheal150

micheal150 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with this 100%. If someone value the collectible for the value they are willing to pay. It mean more than to the individual. As a collectible latter down the road as grows more value for being custom. Great job on Devastator f_r and same to Greg's Customs.

12. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m sorry but how is his opinion of it not worth 4K be wrong? Just because someone buys it for 4K doesn’t make it the be all end all fact that it’s now worth 4K. It’s obviously worth 4K to the buyer but doesn’t mean now that it has to be worth 4K to everyone else. Your wrong in saying only the buyer dictates market price or worth. If said buyer turns around and try to sell it for 4K (the price he paid) because he needs the money but no one bites, then what’s the worth now? Everyone can have an opinion on how much something is worth to themselves. Or lets say there are 10 of these, 1 was bought for 4K, another for 3K, 4 for 2K, and the rest for 1K. So are the people who paid 1K wrong in claiming it's only worth 1K to them cuz some guy bought the same item for 4K (and according to you should be the market value?). I bet there are many many many people who are not willing to pay 4K for this custom (ie. Not think it’s worth 4K). Does that mean they are all wrong? That’s basically what Tommy is saying. Not worth it = I’m not going to pay that much for it.

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Unreal. You are da man! [​IMG] I think wires on hightower would have sealed it, but other than that F.L.A.W.L.E.S.S.

14. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Come on!!! Is it going to get into this again? Who flipping cares. It was sold for what it was sold. That isn't the discussion of this thread. Why is it always go to that in F_R's threads. I could easily see him becoming tired and irate from this insipid back and forth I'm right and your wrong about the price it went for and decide to stop posting here at TFW. This was posted so that F_R could share with us his hard work and effort. He isn't asking how much we think it's worth or value. Price= not on topic!!!

Back on Topic this is an Outstanding repaint F_R. You took what I thought was a irredeemable set and made me reconsider not picking this puppy up. Especially after seeing the movie and seeing that the non robot modes are actually and arguably accurate. Keep it up. :thumbs2:  My fav part is by far the face. I loved how the green eyes set him apart from the other decepticons red in the film and you captured that flawlessly with the red paint apps around them and drybrush scrapping effect. Secondly the extra red led in the mouth was a definite nice touch. Did you paint the inside of his mouth too?

My only frown about this is that the auction didn't go long enough for us to see the extra bonus items.:lol 

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There are threads in the ebay forum discussing ebay auctions and so forth; the project threads in Radicons need to stay just that way: constructive critiques of the work presented. Our board rules specify for members to keep threads on topic. Please do so. Posts beyond this will result in moderation action.

Since I have the opportunity again, I'd like to say that I may think this toy just isn't great, but that doesn't negate the work f_r has done. Great work :thumb 

16. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Agreed. F_R's work here may actually convince me to buy Supreme Devs.....on clearance, of course!;) 

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks man. I just ordered 3 more from BBTS (and they say these wouldn't sell, lol) BBTS must love me, I dropped about $2000 there in the past month. I had 4 wires/ropes going to the hook, but axed the idea when they looked dangly while not in extended mode. Next version will have a tight spool for the slack.

It's inevitable, don't sweat it, cause I don't and am used to it. I mean, maybe one day I'll get a custom on here with more than 3 stars ;)  Thanks for the support though, glad you see the custom at hand. The bonus item was a display (sand) with the name "Devastator" in 3d letters.

18. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

cool

19. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Absolutely outstanding. There are not enough words to decribe how incredible this is.

20. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    is there a chance to show us the display?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.