ROTF soundtrack details - including tracks and write up (from MTV and SHH.com)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by frenzyrumble, May 28, 2009.

1. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

Wow, what a buch of narrowminded dicks!
    Each and every last one of you guys that said "Oh that sucks" or in some way shoved your derogatory crap down our throats can bite me. You think the stuff you listen to is the only thing worthwhile on this planet? I guarantee the guys in the bands you like so much listen to a braoder range of stuff than you ignorant dolts. True musicians worth a damn have studied music from all genres and can appreciate what other artists have contributed to the world of music in general. My own music library likely has stuff from damn near every genre listened to by any and all members on this site. I'm not even a musician, I just happen to be enlightened enough to realize that music, like any other form of art is a subjective thing thing. We all are going to get something different out of it and that doesn't make your opinion "right".
    So stop acting like it is and show some respect for others. Do that and you might get some respect in return, but until such time MY opinion of you guys stands!

Oh yeah, my opinion of this upcoming soundtrack...Sweet! Good mix of artists. Would have liked to have seen Disturbed make a return on this one.
    My own preference would have been to swap them with Taking Back Sunday but then I realize that this soundtrack has to appeal to a broad audience. Being an "oldtimer", I'm happy to see Cheap Trick on the list. Can't recall seeing them on a soundtrack since the Howard Stern movie but I could be wrong. All told, I think it's a good mix. I wouldn't mind hearing something along the lines of Dragonforce's "Ultra-Beatdown" album added to one of these soundtracks but I don't think that would fly with some folks.
    (Sideswipe could do well with a theme along that line though. Something in the same tempo as "The Warrior Inside")

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Fuck, so they dropped dead by sunrise? I was very excited for that.

I'm surprised to see "Almost easy" made it, it was meant to be on the first soundtrack, but due to time restraints they left it out.

3. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Any and all music is Emo if you don't like it (or just don't wanna go into explaining why you don't like it).

4. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know what gives with the gripes. I think this looks like the best TF film score to date to be honest. As to it catering to teens or what not, I'm pretty close to 30 myself and still maintain what I believe of it's potential so far. It's better than rap or country that's for damned sure. I'll easily take this over those past imported TF anime scores than may occasionally have a Japanese vocalist in about 2-4 of the tracks of every compilation. I tired of Vince Dicola's scores, etc in the very first TF film a long time ago, but still respect the contributions. One thing I've learned from co-workers and my fiance', old school rock fans while still have good taste can be whiny old cranks when it involves something new.

5. Grievous

Grievous War Machine

So no Mastodon now?
    :( 

I think I'll pass...

6. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    Wow this album is alot better than the first one...Must pick one up

7. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

I've listened to just about all these on youtube. I really don't listen to rock, but 12. Avenged Sevenfold — “Almost Easy” is PERFECT for this movie!

YouTube - Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy

8. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

I really love the assortment of artists and tracks :D  looking forward to getting them ;) 

9. guyeatsoctopus

guyeatsoctopus New Member

I'll pass. Nickleback, really?? Why?

This should be the, Burnt Out Bands Volume 1, not Transformers.

10. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I'll buy it for about 2/3 of the songs. I'm sold.

11. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Cheap Trick? Really?

That one seems waaaaaay out of nowhere.

12. Taybrian1

Taybrian1 Active Member

I just listened to "Never Say Never" by The Fray. That is totally going to be a song for Sam and Mikaela. It is a beautiful song.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yeah that was my line of thinking too.
    I've recently started to warm up to the Fray's recent self-titled release.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Not sure about the music, but the picture made a great wallpaper.

15. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

ive been lookin up all these songs on youtube and laughin hysterically at all the people who are "why is this song in transformers 2?!?!" lol