ROTF Sideswipe Custom G1 Repaint

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TM2 D-bot, Apr 10, 2009.

1. transformerskid

transformerskid Member

it sux that it is a repaint i wouldnt mind buying that at all

2. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tracks looks great, but the face should be painted orange/red and his helmet white to be perfect.

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Oh, cool beans. I'm also having my fig painted ala G1 Sideswipe as we speak! :rock  Will post some pics when my good buddy finishes him!! :D 

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice job, but the red is too dark of a shade. I hope Hasbro, being the repaint fanatic crazies they are (and I love 'em for it much of the time), will jump on the opportunity to make a RED Sideswipe, and a YELLOW Sunstreaker repaint of this mold. It's literally BEGGING for it! A blue Tracks wouldn't hurt either...and even a Red-Alert. Seriously, Hasbro can go wild with repaint mania on this thing, they'll be drooling with glee. And so will I if they make a yellow Sunstreaker and red Sideswipe... :) 

5. ROY BOT

ROY BOT Boosh!

I really like this figure, it's got a face, and hands, and feet.....They must have pulled in some extra help to design sideswipe

6. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    It is a well finished custom, and one of the few halfway-decent toy moulds for the Movie designs - but I don't have a problem with Movie 'Swipe being silver to start with (probably a licensing agreement anyway, so it is what it is), and I know we'll see far, far better coloured repaints from the Radicons, with metallic/flake paintjobs, more bot and car mode detailing etc etc, never mind any mods that get dreamt up. Given how good many of the customisers made the first Movie toys look, I'm looking forward to the ROTF customs just as much :) 

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    All looks nice. Hope Hasbro are watching. Since Sideswipe is the only figure I'm planning on getting from this line I'm torn now on whether to snap the silver one up as soon as I see it or wait for the likely repaint. I'm not fond of repaints and will only buy a repaint if I don't have the original already.

8. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

Same reason we didn't get our red Prime (or most of the reason): Red is a pain in the ass to film. Or rather, red is a more difficult color to deal with during the whole filming and CGI process. As a painting professional I can also attest to the fact that red is a pain in the butt to deal with in terms of doing touch-up work on a large scale and will show off the slightest flaws especially if it has a high sheen (like glossy automotive finishes).

Personally, I think they should have endured the hardship and given us our red Sideswipe on screen. This custom is beautiful, the character on screen would have been sweet and we can only hope that Hasbro will do at least half this good on the version that they give us. (being red, I would imagine it will be a Target exclusive)