ROTF script vs unused Transformers 2 treatment

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TFFan01, Jan 3, 2020.

?

?

1. Treatment

87.5%
  2. ROTF

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    but this treatment follows up even more from the 07 movie instead of just off-handedly mentioning the allspark as still mattering for 'reasons' after megatron's revival, n it makes the transformers into actual characters, the decepticons especially. a sequel brining back plot elements from the previous movie isn't really a reason to laud a shitty movie, it's literally just the point of a sequel.

your second point is a strawman (lawnmower man?) argument. yeah, the treatment script could've ended up looking like that in the final product. so could the horrible rotf that we actually got.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

But you see, just because this film sounds good to you on paper doesn't mean it would be so on screen as a final product. This movie could have been worse as an end product for all you know. A lot of the character stuff could have been cut.

You have no clue what the heck you're talking about. This argument of yours is the real straw man, because my "Lawnmower Man" comment was in response to a comment questioning if RotF could be any worse than it was and NOT about this specific story idea. I used the CGI in Lawnmower Man as an example of how it could look much worse, and consequently be a much worse film in one aspect. I'd rather see a film look nice than look like crap, both literally and figuratively speaking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    THIS LOOKS AMAZING WTF

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Well, not having this for ROTF is depressing. It had everything, acknowledgement of points established in the first film, explanations for certain things and even a human lubricating Bumblebee. My one criticism is that while the American symbolism work sometimes it felt chauvinistic to the point that as someone who isn't from the US, American was being shoved down my throat. Plus it felt like too much G1 fan service.

I don't understand how this wasn't made, I'm sure that Bay would have enjoyed blowing up Vegas. I think that combining elements from RotF would have produced a stronger film. For example, Sam does nothing here and it's Mikeala who's the hero. Sam could have been the hero if they said that he went to college to study engineering for example (influenced by his experience meeting the Cybertronians). Furthermore, Sam's trip in RotF had a purpose whereas here it's just to rendezvous with the Autobots.

You can see where the Sun Harvester came from though.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  5. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Is that truck supposed to be Ultra magnus

6. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Ever considered the possibility that this is just the first draft?

7. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn, that gave me chills

8. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Exactly one of my points. I'm sure plenty of Transformers stuff featuring expensive CGI robots has been cut from all of the films early in production once they realized the costs.

And online fandoms have a really bad habit of thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Almost every time an alternative story idea is presented, fans gush over it as if it would have been vastly superior to the finished product. I don't think an Orci/Kurtzman written script of this story from the writers' strike using this story would have been better than what we got. Even if it was, it wouldn't have been vastly better so much as just safer for Transformers fans.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    I feel like this would have been way too expensive at the time to make. Just saying.
    Granted, it is neat though. Just too expensive for a movie.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.