ROTF or TLK - Which TF Sequel was better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GoldenKnight1212, Nov 3, 2019.

1. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    I think Optimus should've been the last knight because the subtext of the previous movies has been that Optimus is the last Prime, so it would be more poetic, continuity wise. Cade being the last knight is one of the most asinine things from TLK.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

ROTF because it's an actual working sequel, not an exercise in ignoring the previous movie.

3. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF is lot better, at least got some cool action sequences , 7 per 10. TLK is completely unwatchable, story is a mess and no memorable action at all! 5 per 10.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime The War Just Got 100% More Intense

RotF.
    It had a somewhat comprehensible story, a few great scenes (FOREST BATTLE, FOREST BATTLE, and FOREST BATTLE), and some ok characters.
    But it does have a problem nobody thought to point out above:
    it made Optimus a monster.
    In the '07 movie, it wasn't really that way. It just seemed like a slight amount of escalation. Oh, Megatron's gonna kill the s*** out of Jazz? I guess Optimus gotta kill the s*** out of Megatron. But in RotF...
    "Give me your face!"
    What's sad is that the Fallen was a somewhat ok villain. And Optimus, the most noble, right-hearted person in the multiverse (besides Shattered Glass), tears his fricking face off!
    It made me want to scream!
    But...
    TLK is worse. By a long shot. I mean, they managed to screw up Unicron, who is such an easy villain that I bet a group of five-year-olds doing fan fictions could still make him awesome.
    In Transformers: Prime, the twist that Unicron was inside of Earth worked. This was because they tried. But in TLK, it didn't. And mixed in with the s***ty plot, it made no sense.
    TLK isn't just mediocre. TLK isn't just horrifying. TLK is a blasphemy to the franchise.
    I mean, they had to make a G1 film to correct that stupidness!

• Like Like x 3