RotF: Official one stop thread of EVERYTHING EVER. No other threads please.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by undertaker, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait to play as Jetfire.

2. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gosh the driving mechanics in the PSP game are absolutely horrendous. The controls are so floaty, and not precise it's scary to think this went through a testing process. I think they went to the six week development school with this one. They repeat the same stretches of code to artifically extend the game (they'll loop patches of roads in the driving levels, and they'll loop streets in the other gameplay elements). Jeeze. I'm getting used to how broken the Killzone Liberation esque gameplay is. But the lack of actually transforming is so stupid.

Should I pain myself by playing the PS2 release? It's only $35, a lot less damage then this one's $50. I can't find myself spending $70 for the PS3 version. I'll be there when it hits the bargain bin in twelve weeks.

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

When you change dskrwarriormp(skywarp) or firestorm (breakaway) out,use someone who has the same transformation mode. Jets with jets,cars with cars.

For example backup blackout,then make a copy of blackout and dcomsniper.,then rename the dcomsniper copy to blackout. Your blackout backup should say Copy of blackout

If you remove any characters from one side,the game will crash.

Same with jetfire or dskrwarriormp with starscreampaintover.str

4. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

I'm still waiting for a game in the other modes besides death/team death matches.
    Would have thought control points would be heavy played but nope.

One tip when playing as Ironhide/Grindor is to drop the turrets at ambush points to catch anyone running from you. They also provide eyes on the ground for those who are trying to sneak up on you.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Just beat both PS3 campaigns. Now I have to wade through the awful drudge known as the PS2 game.

Why am I playing it if I don't like it?

Ask AVGN.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ROTF DS Autobot game is total fail compared to the first one.

-No freeplay
    -No character choices after you beat the game (Can only be Prime BB, and Sideswipe in a few bonus missions)
    -No flying vehicles other than 1 mission and it sucks.
    -Took me two hours to complete main story, bonus missions and collect all the upgrades.
    -You are the same vehicle for the whole game (You get the choice of 1 of 3 from the beginning of the game).
    -Boss battles are super easy.
    -Non destructible environments and objects.
    -Can not climb walls.
    -Can not pick objects up.

I am glad I did not pick up both versions this time around. I am not going to pick up the Decepticon version. There is no replay value in these games and I highly recommend if you must buy them, wait until they are reduced in price, or just rent the thing for one night. If you are looking for a fun Transformers gaming experience for your DS, pick up the first two movie games or the Transformers Animated game before you consider these.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm returning mine tomorrow.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Really?

Damn, that sucks. I was considering picking it up.

9. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Unless the game is not selling, I don't see ROTF on the bargain bin anytime soon. I don't usually see good games on the bargain bin anyway, and ROTF is a damn good game.

10. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review. I think I'll save my $30 for something else.

11. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all the Autobot and Decepticon unlockables now. The movie you unlock after "Sideways surface to air" was a nice surprise.

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Where do I view the movies and g1 episodes i've unlocked? I haven't noticed where they are located, but to be honest i haven't looked hard.

13. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just view your unlockable list, select the unlockable, and click "x" to see its reward.

14. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

How does adding these "extra" characters work?

I guess no matter what, it won't work for me, seeing as I play the PC, can't afford a PS3 and will never own a xBox.

I'm up for multiplayer, that is if I ever figure out what my current problem is. And after I get a new computer.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Finished up my Decepticon skins with G1 Starscream today (Multi and Single).
    Time to move on to the Autobots, there only G1 Ironhide, right?

Just beat the Autobot campaign, pretty fun final boss. Its a lot easier on the Decepticon side.
    Beat Devastator on my first go, but damn did I have some trouble hitting the gun on the Scrapper arm. Try and try I just couldnt get it, until I went right up near him and in front.

Stupid question. Can you unlock Flight Megatron and Powerup Prime in single player?
    I'd love to be able to re-do some of the levels using them, but cant seem to find anything showing how to unlock them.

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

From the Eurogamer Review;

:lol  pretty much sums it up, I think the score is 2 points too low, however.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flight Megs, no, but Power-up Prime is monly available for certain missions.

I love how one of the most advertised battles, Prime vs. Devastator, is not something you can do in the game.

Yeah, it is pretty cool. They talk about how long it took and the level of damage. It's cool, but pisses me off because they basically talk about how crappy you were. :lol 

18. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked this up over the weekend.
    Single player is quite dull thus far (about half way through the Decepticon campaign) but multiplayer has been a real treat.
    Ratchet is friggin awesome.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    7/10 for me. And what takes it to 7 for me is that I really like the controls. Unfortunately, bland missions keep it from any sort of greatness and I miss the awesome cinematics from the last game, but I still have fun playing it.

20. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I want to break that review down just a bit to show what crap it is.

Self-fulfilling prophecy of functional banality...for this to be true, the game would have to tell you that it intends to be boring and ordinary. The game tells you it's going to be about giant robots, fast cars, and combat.

Giant robots, fast cars, and combat aren't all that boring and/or ordinary.

How is a game brash? Maybe Conker's Bad Fur Day was brash...perhaps Nightrap was brash...maybe even DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball...but Transformers brash? No. Busy? Yes. Now, superficially attractive...this confuses me. The game looks good on the surface, but underneath it's an ugly person? The reviewer is a moron with an English/Lit degree. (and only an undergrad degree at that)

Well, I think that people's reaction here demonstrates that this is wrong. I can't argue that the reviewer did not have fun. But his elitist tripe and foreseeable shitting on a movie tie-in game is obvious.

Possibly true. Then again, to be honest, not every game has to be a life changing 65+ hour Final Fantasy.

Well, at least those empty calories don't give me a fat head.