ROTF Novel- Full Book Summary, by chapter *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brundok, May 15, 2009.

1. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Enjoying the read, thanks.:popcorn 
    Stasis lock is better than dead.

2. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome so far

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thanks, but read faster! :p 

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

So far it seems awesome. But I'm not entirely won over either. I'm sure the film itself will be wall to wall awesome.

It has to be better than TF07. It has to be.... please?

5. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    So... is Alicebot given a name... or is she/he/it just a generic Decepticon?

7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may just read the book now that you think of it... hrmm

8. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

:lol  This struck me as hilarious.

9. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

I promised myself i wouldnt read any spoilers... damn me. Luckily i skipped most of the summary...except the forest part which gave alot away :( .

Dont you think knowing what will happen in the movie will make the experience less enjoyable? Thats a question for everyone who has taken part in this thread. I wonder what everyone else feels when the movie is spoiled?

10. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Not at all, at least not in my book.

Why?

Well, for one, you can only imagine so much in your mind, but to see it in reality on the big screen? No amount of spoilers can take away the thrill. We were all spoiled to Hell and back with the first film, didn't change it one bit when we got goosebumps watching Optimus transform for the first time.

Two, the book and the finished product will undoubtedly have different pieces from one another. This book was written off of one of many drafts of the final script, but they're still working on it probably right up to the last minute. They did that with the first movie, no reason to assume it wouldn't happen here.

Sure, spoilers can suck a bit of fun out of it, but only if you let them. If you truly enjoy what's to come, no amount of spoilers can steal the magic on the big screen for you.

The first movie might have a bad story, the characters have no real depth, but Optimus & Co. still dazzle and entertain even through all of that mess. If you can't enjoy the film for their participation alone, I'm truly sorry.

I understand your feelings and whatever floats your boat, more power to you, etc.

No, spoilers ruin nothing. If anything, they hype you up like an IV drip full of awesome going straight to the heart.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Doesnt work like that for me. You can tell me how hot a chick is, but until I see her myself and get to enjoy her, I dont get full satisfaction.

12. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    When i was watching the teaser at Wolverine i got goose-bumps when ravage on the screen :D 

13. StarSaber

StarSaber Well-Known Member

So basically....Ravage's "unique power" is coughing up mechanical hairballs that transform into robot drones and possibly the Doctor? Awesome.

-SS (No TF's ever done that before!)

14. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Heh, when you put it like that...

You do make a good point.

And if I remember correctly, didn't it say that Scalpel was riding on his back and collecting the..."hairballs"? (I could be wrong though. I was too excited to go too deep into the inner workings of the posted information.)

It would be a lot cooler if he was riding Ravage. A deathbot on a mechanical steed of doom. Hell...it sells itself.

15. BDbots72

I think you may be some kind of interventionist! Your right, there's something about tranformers that goes beyond other films. For example if i read spoilers to angels and demons, then to see the film in theatres would almost be a waste. But there is too much thrill and entertainment value in transformers too the point where you could know the story punch for punch and still have an exciting ride in the theatre. I knew basically everything about the first film and really enjoyed it. I've read some spoilers, enough to get my imagination at full speed, I just dont want to indulge in my imagination too much. Otherwise i will be imagining a film that could only be done with a billion dollar budget... which will only lead to disappointment.

If only i could enter in some kind of coma and then wake up june 24th!!!!!!!!

16. BDbots72

I havnt read all the spoilers so i do not have a complete understanding of Jetfire's fate. But IF.... IF Jetfire's does die i would like to see this in the ending.

Jetfire awakes into some dreaming state of sanguinity, a blurry first person view of all the Primes standing around. Jetfire doesnt know where he is, he just wanted peace in death. One of the Primes exaplains that if he so chooses another touch of destiny could be bestoyed upon him. The Fallen was not the only known threat against the galaxy. Jetfire could be intergral in serving optimus's cause. But Jetfire is old and broken how could he serve any purpose? In return for his bravery his former wisdom and power are returned.

Jetfire soars through the sky diving to the ground with a sick transformation arriving just in front of prime, with warning of a new threat...

Basically the Primes give him new life

17. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I would LOVVEEEE it if the Primes gave Jetfire another chance at life and when Prime is about to die this Jet just comes soaring from the sky spinning and diving into the Fallens chest :bay 

:popcorn 

18. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh FUCK YES!!!

19. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bit like G1 reflector in the cartoon - all three bots were Reflector and had 1 mind and spoke in unicon, but the toy bots had individual names. Though they combined in alt mode and didn't form a larger robot - still we have the ice-cream twins doing that trick!

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    can you give some more details on this? any good quotes?