ROTF Novel- Full Book Summary, by chapter *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brundok, May 15, 2009.

1. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

After how well Star Trek is being received, I think it's safe to put the full burden of the garbage that's onscreen on Bay.

2. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devastator getting beat easily is tradition! One shot from Optimus Prime, Rumble shaking the ground, an empty stomach, One shot from Perceptor...

3. ShawtyGee

ShawtyGee Well-Known Member

Stop crying over Devastator this isn't the cartoon and besides...There are plenty more combiners that can be brought in. Expect a poll similar to USA Today poll to come out after the movie hits. and the resulting will be the combiner who wins will be featured in the movie. Any other bots that are on that poll will be feature in the movie but depending on how they do on the poll decides if they become core members are expendables.

4. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

Well yes but I would like Devastator to be in the third movie

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That has nothing to do with us being ticked that he is blown apart, by humans.

6. username99

username99 Active Member

true.

7. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

Can we also put the "burden" of the immense awesomeness onscreen on Bay?

8. odelay

odelay Downunder-bot

So Jetfire gives up his body to be Prime Kibble.
    With no more spark to inhabit his body bits I reakon Primes new kibble will reformat into a trailer for Prime.

It would just make so much sense.
    I mean he's surely not just going to chuck that stuff out after the movie.

9. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Just got it today, and from the looks of it, it's awesome! I hope the scene of Judy Witwicky acting high from the brownie is in the movie...

10. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Yeah, and people are probably going to eat it up right up just like the first movie. I didn't think it was possible to screw things up worse than they did with that one, but it seems I was wrong.

Honestly, if Devastator doesn't fight anyone, what's the point of the Constructicons even combining at all? To smash a pyramid?

And that thing about the Twins escaping Devastator by going underneath him. That's one of the dumbest damn things I've ever heard. If they did that, couldn't he, oh, I dunno, STEP ON THEM?

And then he gets blown up by a railgun on a boat. That's so anticlimactic and lame I almost can't believe it. "Bring the rain" indeed.

And then have Soundwave not even show up on Earth? I'm really hoping this isn't the case, but judging from all the other crap it probably is.

I would say I'm dissapointed, but I was expecting this kind of thing. Even so, Soundwave not joining the fight at all, and Devastator's seemingly pointless role is a pretty staggering waste, even for these movies.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QQ moar

12. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    May I remind people who have read this thread, in particular, new members of this forum, to STOP FUCKING POSTING SPOILERS IN OTHER THREADS.

And if you feel the burning desire to post these spoilers, then use the bloody spoiler tags. I keep running into bloody spoilers in ordinary ROTF non plot-based news threads because somebody thought it was a bloody good idea to go "dur hur hur, that still is probably from the scene where Megatron and Sam Witwicky debate about the Teapot Dome Scandal, right after Optimus Prime dies and Hot Rod appears out of nowhere to claim the Autobot leadership."

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I read the first 6-7 chapters last night. I LOVED Sam's mom. Mom high on pot brownie is 10 times funnier than Sam's Happy Time

14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta admit, the humor this time did make me laugh. Hard. Multiple times. Especially the mom scene. I also found the Twins likeable characters, and Mudflap was funny (he spoke with a lisp, like "The Autoboths are comin to save uth!"). Wheelie was characterized exactly as I had hoped. Ironhide and Ratchet maintain solid roles. I just wish Sideswipe and Arcee had a bit more to do. They both had only one spotlight moment each, which was about a page long. Overall though, Jetfire was my definite favorite. He is a fantastic inclusion. For the Cons, the main problem is that there are so many undefined characters. None of the individual constructicons (besides Demolishor, if he counts) are named, nor is Sideways and a handful of Cons we see popping up left and right. The main three Cons were Megatron, Starscream, and the Fallen, all of whom were well portrayed, and there was ample focus on Ravage, the Doctor, and Soundwave. Ravage also disappears after he helps revive Megatron. Devastator doesn't do as much devastating as I would hope either.

That said, for the most part I find the plot very satisfying, and a big step up from the original. I just want to see how well it is translated on screen in a 2 1/2 hour timeframe.

15. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I finished the book yesterday and am still taking it all in. A few things that has stayed in my mind is:

people are going to complain about how much time sam and friends has in this film. There were several chapters in a row that didnt have more than sam and friends.

i cant really remember hearing any bots speaking more than a few lines, besides prime and bb's radio lingo :( 

i wish/hope there is more con interaction with each other as its been mentioned, non of the constricticons were named or had any role in the film besides joining together to become devy

i liked the whole jetfire introduction and hope they stay true to the book

i think i might find leo pretty annoying in the movie

i want more soundwave action. sitting in the sky and hacking satellites the whole movie wasnt what i was thinking for this character

With that being said, I'm really excited to see the flick and find out what the films adaptation is going to bring to me!