ROTF Novel- Full Book Summary, by chapter *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brundok, May 15, 2009.

1. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Did Arcee just disappeared in movie or she was killed?

2. jmldspt

jmldspt Bad guy turned good guy

Megatron fleeing?? But isn't that typical of him? At least from what I remember in G1, he used to ran away a lot! :rolleyes2 

3. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

I really hope that soundwave makes an appearance at the end battle. Because it would be a waste of that character to be sitting in space the whole time. What they should have done is make SHOCKWAVE the guy who attaches to the satelite since he was the communications expert on cybertron. Also how can Soundwave say his classic lines in english? There would be no reason for him to speak english out in space.

4. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I agree it would suck balls if he was just floating in space

He better arrive on Earth!

He MUST arrive on Earth!

5. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    That's actually brilliant and definitely ups the ante from the first movie. I'm curious to see how much will change from the draft Foster worked from and the finished product. Immediately obvious is the absense of Jolt. However, I feel sure in saying that this will pretty much exactly what we see. Changes in dialogue might be made and some of the layout shifted for pacing, but iit will be all there. I'm also wondering whether Optimus will actually kill The Fallen or shunt him back down a wormhole as the junior novelisation has it.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't get your hopes up man.

There's a reason we've only seen 1 piece of merchandise of him (Preview Deluxe) and nothing else thus far.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah lack of Soundwave robot is making me rage hard. Oh well, with any luck he'll come down to Earth for number 3. ;) 

8. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

Roberto Orci did quote this about Soundwave..........

"Soundwave is sort of doing his own thing during the movie"

now that scares me, Soundwave, please come down to Earth.

9. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Pwease?

10. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, thus we have Demolisher and Scavenger being almost identical but only one of them forms Devastator, plus there's Rampage and the similar looking red bot that BB fights with (which we now know isn't Rampage as he turns up after Devastator comes together) which makes sense from a time-saving point of view as far as the CGI goes.

11. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    We've had identical robots before RotF, so Decepticons having the same alt and bot modes isn't really a huge deal. The G1 Seekers were all recoloured Starscreams or cone-heads.

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Brilliant, simply brilliant! So do you think Optimus stays Jet-Powered forever?

13. jmldspt

jmldspt Bad guy turned good guy

It's going to be a long wait

After knowing the spoilers I'm getting even more anxious for the movie.:drool: 
    Can you believe that we are still more than a month away from the debut??

What am I suppose to do in the meanwhile?? :banghead: 

14. Brundok

Brundok Transforming Tauren, Moo!

Quite American, Cleveland Area Born and raised. Problem is I have a slight form of dyslexia, and it's only while I'm typing (strangely not when I'm writing), and it's only gotten worse the older I get. I was typing fast to get it up and didn't really care about the misspelled words, I can go back and edit later. As far as Grammar, It's the internet, again, really didn't care, wanted to write it fast so I could get up for you guys.

Anyway, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed

15. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Was there any mention of Barricade?

16. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same thing happened in American Pie lol

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well, for some couples, depending on how old-fashioned you are, its tough to really say "i love you" as its kind of a big step. all depends on your past and whatnot

18. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What exactly does Megatron impale Optimus on?
    I presume it's his new murder-arm claw.

19. Econometrix

Econometrix Member

Thank you to the individual who went to all the work to post the book summary. It was very nice of you to do so (and in such a short time span).

I never saw the first movie since none of my favorite robots appeared in it. Grew up with G1 in the 80's. I was very excited to hear that both Soundwave and Devastator would appear in TF2 and was thrilled when I saw the movie version of Devastator in the trailer and the toy version of Soundwave.

Unfortunately, I am rather disappointed with several aspects of the story. It bothers me that almost all of the on-screen deaths occur on the Decepticon side. In fact, if the movie stays true to the novelization, and I think it will, there will be very few Decepticons left for TF3. Jetfire took out 3-4 Decepticons. WTF? The stupid twin who looked like he was going to be ground up in Devastator's mouth/turbine escapes? Yet Blackout dies, Scorponok dies, Demolisher dies, all of the Constructicons die, etc. I'm sorry, but I would prefer to see some balance. I hate it when a director decides to tip the scales in the favor of the heroes in order to impart a moral lesson. George Lucas is a master of killing awesome villains in the name of all that's good. Unfortunately, it seems that Bay is cut from the same cloth.

For those of you who hope that Soundwave appears on Earth, be careful what you wish for. Given the stats listed for him on his figure's box (which may or may not be canon), I suspect he would go down quicker than Britney Spears on a drunken teenager. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Bay has some kid take Soundwave out with a slingshot at the very end of the film. Bang! Got him, Dad! Oh look, here comes Skylab!

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hey, dont forget-all those characters may not die-theres a chance some things were written out, there could be instances like w/ Barricade, plus there will be Jolt who might die, and Jetfire goes as well.

though i do agree, it seems Decepticons die alot in the Movie-verse

EDIT:: almost forgot about the bikes-maybe the 3 of them bite the dust as well? Bay did mention killing Arcee. and congrats on your first post!!