ROTF makes $400 million domestic!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Sep 6, 2009.

1. alien

alien Command

Wonderful...

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Just be careful not to break you leg midflight. :) 

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I applaud you...you're ze one thru fan!

4. Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    EXCELLENT! Way to go Bay & crew! I've been watching this for the past month! I thought it was a great movie and well deserving of this accomplishment despite all the haters! I'll definitely be looking forward to TF3! Again, it made it! Yahooooooo!!!!!

:bowdown:  :bay  :bay  :bay  :thumbs2: 

5. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

:lol 
    Excellent news. Hopefully it'll make a truckload on DVD/Blu as well.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Wow, even when I point out that I'm being sarcastic people still don't get it. Amazing.

I was disagreeing with the "Doesn't deserve a nickle" guy, not agreeing with him.

7. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    $400 million is a lotta jack. Not bad for a movie that was critically panned.

I fully agree with the statements above...this is definitely a good thing for the franchise.

Money making is not the only factor, but it is a BIG factor. You seem to believe the movie sucks, others say the movie is pretty good...to the tune of $400 million. Just a difference of opinion, I guess.

I saw the movie with my son. The plot wasn't the best, and I knew going in that the movie was not winning any academy awards...but I enjoyed the experience for what it was worth. I think people try to over analyze a movie about big robots that transform and fight each other...this is a movie based on an 80's cartoon, after all.

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    SCOREBOARD. :D :D :D 

Hopefully DVD / Blu-Ray sales just add layers and layers of gravy to the money train.

Kudos Mr. Bay - on to #3! :D 

9. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    damn! that is either alot of viewings or a shitload of popcorn! well not really that much popcorn considering 2 pops (sodas depending on location) and a bucket of popcorn is average 14.00.

bastards

10. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Cool. So, now im so excited for TF3 that i cant sleep!

11. ShadowFoxRZ

ShadowFoxRZ PrimeFire is on a BOAT MF

Yur ze on thru a--hole. Honestly who talks like that? Mocking people for enjoying a movie? You sure do waste waaaay too much time on the internet boy. Its like me saying HA your from Serbia..... Im surprised you have computers.

400 million is quite impressive regardless of idiots like RazorClaw. :p 

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

At least he doesn´t portray humans like ******s (like your Cameron does). And to say this is making civilation decline? Lol.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, considering that we ain't getting any of all that money, and that we knew we would be getting a third movie since ROTF's opening day anyway, why are we happy again?

14. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

Simple. The better TF does in the box office, the more longevity the TF brand has. More TF toys/entertainment = more opportunities to expand your collection and more stories to immerse yourself in.

I understand that the movie-verse isn't everyone's cup of tea, but i'm confident that there's some plans in the works that don't involve that particular style... Hasbro hasn't been known to stick with a look for too long.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I have to call bull on statements like that.

It's still just movie toys on the shelves. It's not getting us a new cartoon series any time sooner. It's not going to make the third film any better.

Having no toys that I'm interested in, weak lame Decepticons, and having to look forward to everything else Transformers getting the ax in a few years so it can be all about the movies again really don't feel like much of a benefit to me. The only people to get any real benefit are the stock holders, Hasbro and Hollywood could care less about anyone like me. If they have $400 million in just the US to take the place of people like me then why should they give a damn about people who might want something else?

Sorry but I see this big pile of money only helping out the movie fans. I just don't see them putting any of this toward the fans wanting something else.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's about longevity, from my perspective. The success of these films has virtually guaranteed that Transformers will be a powerhouse brand for the next 10+ years.

I'd suspect that within that space of time, there will surely be something for nearly every fan to enjoy.

17. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Exactly. Expecting things to start changing right this second is a stupid way to take it.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I see longevity having more to do with Hasbro than Hollywood.

Plenty of movies that have done well at the box office over the years that no longer have a toy line. Or how many times have we seen last year's hot summer film forgotten by the next summer full of action films. I think it comes down the creative folks at Hasbro coming up with ways to get kids and collectors to buy toys than just riding on the coat tails of a film.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we're both right, actually.
    I'd agree, on the whole. The responsibility for effectively marketing TFs in a way that generates enduring appeal is 100% in Hasbro's hands. When you get right down to it, the movies are just the latest TF marketing strategy, and this particular strategy has proven to be the most financially successful.
    But how many had a 25 year history of toy sale success behind them? TFs aren't just the next Terminator or Speed Racer toyline.
    Totally agree. I'd add, though, that the massive success of the movie toys will make their jobs easier going forward (i.e., more financial resources at their disposal).

I really do empathise with the folks that don't care for the movie stuff, as you truly don't have a lot of options right now. I felt much the same way during Animated, but thankfully had some alternatives available on the shelves.

20. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

Look at GI JOE.. box office bomb? I guess TF is way more popular than JOE.