ROTF Legends Devastator Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus Prime, May 11, 2009.

1. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, and it kicks multitudes of ass.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hightower does look awesome, love how they turned his hook into a scorpion tail.

3. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

The only Legends toy I could ever stand to buy was Scorponok. This Devastator will change that. It won't stop me from getting the Deluxe and Voyager figs, though. :D 

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure this thing wouldn't stand up under it's own weight if you scaled it up to deluxe/voyager size.

Does pounds per square inch mean anything to anyone? It's the same reason 8 foot tall humans have leg problems.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

This isn't a Takara exclusive, so people saying "has-blow sux, Takara came through, Takara should buy up Hasbro, etc" are TOTAL IDIOTS. This needs to be re-iterated to infinity. THESE FIGURES ARE CO-DESIGNED BETWEEN THE 2 COMPANIES.
    That being said, I wonder if Overload will somehow attach onto Devastator as a second head (explaining the the longer, redder looking head he has in the trailer??)

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So these will be released by Hasbro right? If so I may have to get 2-3 of each. One for combined mode, one for individual mode. If a third set then one for bot and one for vehicle..

7. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad at least one person agrees with me on this. I've gone back and forth on sites trying to help folks understand the whys and the logistics of why the larger scale wasn't done and I may as well be shooting sparks out of my ass for all the good it's done. Nobody else is capable of wrapping their brains around it.

And butz, I think the thing that is worrying people the most is the fact that, first and foremost, Takara IS the parent company of Transformers even if ROTF line is the Hasbro brainchild and we here in the States have been screwed out of many a cool figures due to Takara's habit of not releasing some of their items here. We are raising (or hoping to raise) enough of a stink so that Hasbro talks to their overseas cohorts and properly coordinates the release of this toy in the U.S. 'cause right about now many of us have about as much faith in Hasbro as we do in our politicians.
    Many of us squawking are not "TOTAL IDIOTS", we've been around the block enough times to know that this sh** could backfire on us anytime and we are sick of getting burned and if you can honestly say that you've never seen it happen then you haven't been doing this long enough. Don't take these companies at face value. They are MAJOR CORPORATIONS and will therefore crush you under their heels and kick you to the gutter to achieve their goals.
    We just aren't that important to them until we do something to become at least an irritation or, best case scenario for a us, a pain in their ass.

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Well that still shows Hasbro has something wrong with them in that They haven't shown any sign of a Decent Combiner since Energon and that needed to be fixed by FP. They had a perfect Opportunity with ROTF but Screwed that up too. Now Takara not Hasbro took this new Devastator and made it do what Hasbro should have done in the first place. Hasbro should have had their name on this just to show that they are trying but no its Takara.

9. Absolute

Absolute Evil Autobot

Ebay:
    this

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given how overwhelmingly popular the legends class is (per the Hasbro team at Botcon '07), it seems unlikely that we wouldn't see a US release.

Sheesh, all this because Takara had the nerve to announce this toy first.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think the "could this crane be a reformatted scorponok" argument has some merit - with all the combining going on, who's to say he doesn't embed himself in a crane that gets hit by some allspark magic? Presto, big Scorponok.

Not that I think it will happen, but it's plausible in the movie universe.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  12. butz

butz slippery when wet

Actually, while the original G1 molds were derived from various Takara lines, Transformers was Hasbro(and in terms of the backstory and such Marvel/Bob Budiansky)'s brainchild. Nowadays, Hasbro comes up with designs, and sends the designs over to Takara to craft a figure. Hasbro is the larger company (by FAR) and there would absolutely be NO Transformers if it wasn't for them.
    Takara certainly does do some figures all on their own (Alternity, for example), but the figures in the Legends line have been a joint effort.
    While it is a matter of big corporations who are only (or at least mostly) interested in making money, they are not deliberately trying to screw fans.

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

BZZZT! WRONG. Joint effort there chief.

14. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    I don't get kenm's logic.

The bad toy is 100% Hasbro's fault and the good toy is 100% Takara's credit?

JUST BECAUSE TAKARA ANNOUNCED IT FIRST IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT HASBRO DIDN'T WORK ON IT, IN FACT IF PAST LINES ARE ANY INDICATION HASBRO PROBABLY STARTED THE LEGENDS PROJECT

15. kenm2474

What I am getting at is that it makes Hasbro look bad in that every good design by both Has/Tak that combines that goes to Takara in this point in time makes the Hasbro Team look worst and worst. NO NEW DESCENT COMBINER HAS BEEN PRODUCED BY HASBRO SINCE ENERGON AND THAT HAD TO BE FIXED BY FP AND THEY FAILED WITH THE ROTF DEVY!!!!! Hasbro need to step up and make a good combiner that Transforms from Bot to Alt. and Combines.

Do you not read????? I explained that. What part did you not understand?
    Re Read Again. The whole point I was trying to explain is that Hasbro has yet to show that they can create a proper combiner but no it Takaras.

Well that still shows Hasbro has something wrong with them in that They haven't shown any sign of a Decent Combiner since Energon and that needed to be fixed by FP. They had a perfect Opportunity with ROTF but Screwed that up too. Now Takara not Hasbro took this new Devastator and made it do what Hasbro should have done in the first place. Hasbro should have had their name on this just to show that they are trying but no its Takara.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  16. butz

butz slippery when wet

Actually, you don't read: IT IS A JOINT EFFORT: THEY BOTH WORKED ON THE SAME FIGURES!!

In case anybody wants to argue this joint effort business (which has been confirmed and proven time and again):
    Translated Takara designer interview
    and...
    Hasbro designer interview

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Respectfully, you keep saying this, but your dislike of the Energon limbs and your assessment that Hasbro is incapable of making a "decent combiner" is entirely your opinion, regardless of whether that opinion is shared by millions or by nobody. I like my Energon combiners just fine, and I don't need FP to "fix" them for me... or my Cliffjumper or Ultra Magnus, for that matter.

When it comes to this toy, it is extremely likely that, like nearly every other TF toy, it was a joint venture between both organizations. Hasbro will likely announce its release in the near future.

18. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    i don't care if it's small. As long as it looks good and it transforms decently then I'll love it. And from that picture it looks beautiful :) 

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    All your opinion.

20. kenm2474

So why is it Hasbro here and Takara in Japan? Also if this is a Joint effort why dont we all get the same figures?

Edit: Didnt see the links good point and I understood that.

Last edited: May 13, 2009