ROTF Legends Devastator Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Optimus Prime, May 11, 2009.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    More for you guys. I have my Micromaster combiner.

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I just said this yesterday, weird.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I hope we get this toy over here. If we do, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. They have all the modes, and they look great, plus they're cheap. I don't see why they couldn't have done this with the Deluxe class and voyager class toys though.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Yes, I pulled out 1 point, because I think just that 1 point is what makes up the cost of Devastator. Now, he's not worth it to me and I won't be buying him, but... I think he does have enough plastic bulk(when mass, volume, and all 3 dimensions are considered) to cost $100 retail by Hasbro's pricing structure in spite of any lack of complexity and whatnot. Though we don't have really good indications of it either way, so we shall see...

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It's already been said a bunch of times...

6. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's a difference between relative accuracy and excact replication though. Compare RotF Prime to 2007 Prime, and tell me they're equally impressive.

7. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    This makes me wonder
    if LEGENDS figures could pull off robot, vehicle, AND devastastor mode, as well as look AWESOME doing it...
    why not the main line figures?
    I mean, it would certainly be really epic of the upcoming voyagers and deluxes had a limb mode, instead of crappy half assed modes (I.e. jackhammert mode for rampage). hasbro could do it maybe down the road

8. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of the other two versions of Devastator, but I will probably buy this one.

It's not an old excuse when it's still U.S. LAW and Hasbro has to comply with it.

Aside from that, I refer you to the following post:

Excellent post, sir!

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Exactly. ROTF Prime is as screen accurate as you can get for the character.

Screen accuracy and dead-on replica are 2 totally differrnt things.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

So how big is this?

11. WarMachine73

WarMachine73 Well-Known Member

It's only wrong the first time you do it!:crazy: :D 

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this on this site too, and I hope to Primus everyone is able to grasp this so here is the most logical explanation (in my opinion based on previous experience and observing my own kids) why Has/Tak can't/wont/shouldn't do this supersized. The short version... Deluxe and Voyager class toys are way heavier than Legends. They're way more articulated in bot modes. The target demographic is not us, it's little kids!
    If you want to make a toy that won't piss off a small kid with a short attention span, don't make the thing heavy with a lot of floppy, ball jointed or hinged parts. Period! We either get detailed larger Constructicons or we get combiners like the Energon series that look like they have a cold rectal thermometer shoved up their exhaust ports, or in the case of ROTF Devs. you'll get a toy guaranteed to fall on it's face EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Now, for those of you cry babies who have an issue with colors, size or number of toys included in the Legends set, Shut the hell up already because you sound like spoiled little ingrates and you're embarassing the rest of the fan community. You can't be happy that we actually have a toy that does what we all asked for, you have to piss and moan because of this or that. Boo-F'ing-hoo! This is the only Devastator many of us can afford (barely) with the economy so crappy and those of us with kids have it even tighter than those without. My kids and I get this or nothing and this works just fine for us, odd colors/numbers and all. Instead of throwing money away on toys, you whiners should save up for some decency, pride and self-respect. If you can trouble yourselves enough to go look for it.

I'm freaking ecstatic about this toy and can't wait to lay my hands on this thing. Hasbro better hold up their end and get this thing over here in a timely fashion because this may be the only thing that restores some peoples faith in the ROTF line. I was ready to walk away from this whole, uninspired train-wreck until I saw this set of figures. Thank You Takara!

12. kenm2474

Because this is Takara not Hasbro.

13. Nukatron

Nukatron Ultra Class

He looks cool! If there is a 7th Ccon then maby the all the other Delux/Voyeger Ccons could combine. Also If they don't then I could Just buy the small one and not the $99.99 one.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ...and?

15. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, the more I see of the trailer, the more I'm starting to believe that myself too. A pity, as I'm mostly buying the toy for the 'centaur' look, it's quite unique among TFs.

Still, I wonder why he's sometimes red (as a robot) and sometimes yellow (when combined with Devastator, the foot Rampage forms is yellow). Maybe there are two identical, differently colored bulldozer-cons... it'd save on the budget, less CGI work, just a recolor.

16. kenm2474

Habro dosnt know how to make a decent Combiner any longer. The closest they have come is the Energon one and that needed to be fixed with Proper Hands and Feet with FP.

17. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thing is - Movie Devastator is not your average gestalt. He's mostly positioned as a gorilla/large ape, hunched over with his arms touching the ground. So his weight is much more balanced on the arms/legs.

Based on the deluxe/voyager toys, I'd say Long Haul looks almost G1 sturdy, he'd make a great leg. Rampage - he might need some re-work on the treads. And all you'd need to do with Scavenger is to add some flip-out joining ports. I'd say the 'octagon'-shaped pegs used on the Energon Combiners would work here as well

And speaking on behalf of the "community full of toy collectors", raise up hands - who did not try to combine robots that were never meant to combine with each other, at one time? I know I did... I made micromaster gestalts from US G1 micros using rubber bands and pins, and then later combined Onslaught with bots he would never dream of. :) 

So, anyway - it's all about good engineering. No doubt, the individual bots would not be that accurate as they are now separately - maybe Rampage would only have the four-legged mode, not the jackhammer, etc... - but it could be done. As I said before - it WILL be done by a fan before the end of the year. I am sure of it.

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless one likes the Energon combiners the way they are, in which case they're nearly perfect. :thumb 

19. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Well. This is a surprise. To be completely honest, I fully expected this. Now I feel it could still be possible to combine the deluxe and voyager toys. I have to wonder if there will be a seventh constructicon for the deluxe/voyager class segment. And for those that complain that a large sized devastator would be clunky and hard for kids to transform? Does anyone remember the original devastator? He was freaking hard to transform and floppy and full of stand-fail. Yet he was loved by kids, and it was a challenge to combine him, yet extremely satisfying when completed. I see this being the case with movie devs. Well at least it could be for those with the ingenuity to combine them.
    -A.S.

20. kenm2474

True. Some people are happy with Pintos while other are with Ferrari's.