Minor/Repaint: ROTF Leader Starscream WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hakka, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

I just finished making a decent light box.

I haven't done much more to him but this pic shows the grey shades more accurately than the previous ones:

[​IMG]

Hakka.

Attached Files:

2. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

You are REALLY making this fig AMAZING BRO! HOT DAMN, im loving every bit of paint you have slap his ass With (No Homo) One Week, and ill Have mine Bro, U know im gonna be hitting u up, lol. Great work, How long did it take u to Do the Camo?

3. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Nice lightbox... Shows off the metallic look and the different shades of grey on the fighter jet parts. Very impressive indeed.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    THE Best Leader Starscream custom I have seen yet !

5. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

Thanks mate.

Still working on the camo, the 4 wings need to be finished. I've probably spent around 4 hours on the camo but I used the wrong paint for some of it and had to redo it. The paint I used for the camo gives a relly good finish every time, the other greys are a bit harder to get the smooth matt finish for some reason. The total amount of time I've spent painting this figure would be well over 50 hours, and I still have a lot more work to do, I haven't touched his back yet.

I really need to get a good compressor so i can use an airbrush on Skywarp and Thundercracker.

Thanks mate, this is the box I made:

[​IMG]

Its made from PVC pipe, a sheet of black posterboard and some white silky material. It works really well, I also got a good pic of Megatron:

[​IMG]

Thanks Knoted, I dunno there's at least one other one on the forum that is absolutely incredible (mecha).

Hakka.

Attached Files:

6. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

That looks REALLY good! ...but why won't you post alt mode pics? No one ever does.

7. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

I dont transform my figures. I display them in robot mode and usually do mods that would hinder the transfrmation.

Hakka.

8. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    His version is great too, but I just really like your colour scheme layout and choice of colours better, artistically. Seriously, no kidding.

only small minor might be if yours cannot actually transform anymore. If so...is that due to the paint or the weapon mod ?

9. Hakka

Hakka Well-Known Member

thanks again mate, your comments are much appreciated.

The only thing that would hinder transformation is the arms have been swapped. It should still transform just the arms wont tab in properly. I dont transform any of my figures but if I did there are a few simple mods that would overcome the problem.

I think in jet mode some of the camo might be in the wrong spots though, I wasn't sure exactly where his arms and legs went in jet mode.

I'm not sure about the weapon mod in vehicle mode but if there's clearance at the sides of the launcher it will be ok. If not its just a matter of using magnets to hold the blades onto the launcher screws so they can be removed.

If someone can show me a pic of where the launcher goes in vehicle mode I'll know if it'll fit.

Hakka.