ROTF Leader OP HOLY HARD TRANSFORMATION!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Necare, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone having difficulty getting OP into truck mode?

I have a bad part on the outside leg assembly....it's inverted so the tab doesnt fit...I'll post picks later...have to pick another one up to see if its just a flaw with mine.

But I for the life of me cannot get his cab together...

2. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes it can be a bit tricky, ive transformed mine about 10 times now and still have trouble connecting parts of the front of his cab usually, very intricate this one is lol

maybe someone has some tips, maybe theres a little trick to it?

3. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also I cannot really get the back wheels to line up properly, is there a locking tab somewhere?

Although I finally got the cab together...holy begeezuz!! That took a while

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The cab is a total pain. First off, the lower red tabs that are connected to the chest have to be pulled out to release the entire cab assemblys (the instruction don't show this real well).
    The small red spring-loaded parts at the base of the cab (seen easily in robot mode- kind of squarish and resemble the engine block firewall) actually slot into a section on the arms by the elbows when you bring the arms up into place. Just do them one at a time and it's easy. With a little squeezing and luck, it should go together nicely.
    Sorry no pictures, as I'm at work.

5. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Took me two hours to transform him and, yes, the nose/arms/cab was the toughest part. It's not easy to pop out the chest pieces and getting the arms aligned and everything working up there was a pain. (Literally, the tips of my fingers are hurting this morning.) The thing is, it's all logical. It's not a mindbending transformation. It's just... a pain. It's difficult to get everything going like you need to. I'm sure I could do it in a quarter of the time or less if I wanted to do it again but I won't. ;) 

Best advice I could give is go to YouTube and check out a couple of videos on transforming from truck to robot and from robot to truck. The instructions are not the best Hasbro has produced and those videos helped me out a lot. I can't imagine why anyone would want to transform this thing more than once. ;) 

6. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he is easy... :p 

7. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    I am optimus prime

My Girlfriend got me this on release day. she pretends that she could care less but when i got home from work, i didn't even have a chance to look at it before she started opening the box. i thought it was cool since i wouldn't have to bother taking off all the twist ties and rubber bands..
    then she started trying to transform him. all i could do is sit and watch....and watch...and watch.... an hour and a half later we were both snatching him back and forth and yelling at each other. "THATS WRONG!!! NO, DO IT THIS WAY!!! READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS!!! WHAT'S THAT?!? I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL ME!!!!"

ugh... she finally gave it back to me and said..."I'M TOO STRESSED OUT! THIS IS WHY I DONT PLAY VIDEO GAMES!"

it's the hardest TF I've ever worked with. it's getting easier but like others have said, the cab section is a real bitch. i know kids are smarter than most people give them credit for but i can see a ton of these getting broken.

and if i hear "I AM OPTIMUS PRIME" one more time, I'm going to poop on myself.

still an awesome mold.

8. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

LOL! So true...

9. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lolololol nice

10. lilgreenlude93

lilgreenlude93 Well-Known Member

The far back wheels are lined up by the tab on the fender. It keeps them from tilting. The other rear ones just need to be swung out fully to line up with the back ones.:thumbs2: 

11. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

You guys should check out my topic about an easy mod to fix his chest. I'll bump it for you guys.

12. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have only just got to grips with Movie 1 Prime this last week having only ever transformed him a hand-full of times before that.

Something the G1 toys always inspired was confidence to transform and play with them. I find that same confidence missing from more recent ROTF / Movie 1 figures.

As for ROTF Prime, I am pleading ignorance on this, after all he came packaged in robot mode, I haven’t opened the instructions, ergo as far as I am concerned there is no truck mode. Et voila problem solved

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna try transforming mine after all. :lol 

14. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    That first transformation SUCKED. I too was mocked by the 'I am optimus prime!". It took me a bit to realize the red chest pieces were supposed to be unlatched as that is pretty untraditional. After that, it was a matter of getting things to stay together. Once I realized the 'hood' could slide along the pins, I managed to finish him off. Until that point, it didn't seem possible to fit the hood around the gray 'canisters' on his sides. If the instructions were more explicit on those two points, the whole experience would have been considerably more smooth. Incredible truck mode though - amazing how such a solid appearing mode can change so dramatically.

15. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    REALLY???

maybe it will be easier now!!!!!!!!

*runs to get it*

"I AM OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!"

*throws it against the wall, then runs back to computer*

Nope... still a pain in the ass.

16. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I think you and your girlfriend might be me and my wife in a different dimension because the scene you detailed is pretty much exactly what her and I experienced. I removed the batteries to be safe from having to poop on myself.

17. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys are brave.

My wife has tried to play with my transformers three times since I have been married, each time has resulted in a limb coming off at her hands.

18. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I have to agree, transformation is a pain. I also find it annoying that he introduces himself approximately 50,000 times during transformation. "I am Optimus Prime" *5 seconds later* "I am Optimus Prime" *another 5 seconds later* "I am Optimus Prime"...*constantly repeats until that part of transformation is completed*

19. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He gets really easy to transform after a while. I can get him to truck mode in about 5 minutes now. Just keep practicing.

20. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Still practicing. Getting the hood together is definitely tough. Always gets stuck there for a while