ROTF Leader Megatron Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Apr 10, 2009.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got this figure today and it is awesome

2. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

After long internal debates on whether or not I should get this guy or the voyager, I've decided that I will get this guy to be in scale with leader prime, and the newly announced leader Starscream. If there is no leader Starscream, then I will be fine with the voyager.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actualy prefer the Voyager Megatron FOR scale reasons with other Decepticons.

I'll display him with the constructicons, Starscream and The Fallen just fine.

4. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

You're right! The autobots are to scale with themselves, and the Decepticons are to scale with themselves. I'm gonna skip leader Megs and SS, and get the voyagers.

5. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

this mold is really growing on me....I'm debating between him or prime for the 30th

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude member last movie. Prime is going to sell out first. Megs will be avaible for a while because he is shipping with jetfire.

7. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

I didn't know he was shipping with jetfire. I guess prime wins then! Haha

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I love this Megatron... leagues better than the Voyager version. May 30th, get our ass here already!

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I love this guy too...though the spring in his arm seems a little week. The sword doesn't spring forward with that much force and if the arm is tilted up, the sword falls back a bit. Anyone have any ideas on how to tweak this?

10. AMG

AMG Old School

I can't wait to get this Megatron. He's huge and has a very imposing look. Plus that mold is loaded with details.

11. Snkbyt

Snkbyt Autobot

The left leg on mine will not snap into place in Alt mode and ruins that mode for me. It keeps springing out of the socket because the joint is under such tension at the hip area. Is there a trick that I'm missing or did I get a defective figure?

12. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

My megs as well has a big platic tab that is has on the right. But the right has a hole where the gun arm goes to place it into, where the other leg as no slot so his legs cant go straight

13. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:

Did you get yours at Frys? If you did then I'm glad I left that sucker because I had a bad feeling about it for some reason. LOL.

14. Snkbyt

Snkbyt Autobot

Haha, yeah I got it at Frys but there were 10 or so of everything at the time I bought Megs, Sideswipe, and Ops. Most of the stuff was sitting in two shopping carts in the toy isle.

I actually figured out how to get the leg to stay in place in tank mode but its not very secure and pops out now and then.

As a statue of Megatron hes great, as a poseable figure he is severely lacking. Guess they spent all the development on Prime since hes so mind bendingly amazing.

15. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    There is a trick. This was happening to mine too...until I realized that I was transforming it wrong. I wasn't moving the hips forward, you know, the thing that gives you the transformation noise? Yeah, I wasn't doing that and it wasn't pegging in. I could still get it to reach and peg in on one side but not the other. Then I realized I wasn't getting the noise, did the flip and it worked.

Also, I fixed the claw. I just opened up the mechanism, took out the spring and adjusted it until it was giving enough resistance. I MAY have losta pring that was inside it that was pushing the trigger forward but it works and now flips with enough forward to fire the missle a little.

16. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

What hip are you refering too? The pice that splits off from his groin?

17. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

When I finally get mine....that left claw will be shorted, at the very least. I might see if I can find a junker LC Brawl and cannibalize his left hand. (The current one HAS to go.)

And that right arm is getting an elbow. Some friggin' way or another, I'm cuttin' that in two.

18. Snkbyt

Snkbyt Autobot

Oh, Wow! I didn't even realize that his entire hip section could rotate! That fixed the issue completely. The hips also now peg into the rear tank treads and makes him super solid in alt mode.

Thanks for the tip!

19. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    No problem man!

Citoria, after you unclip the hips from the groin, you should be able to rotate them both forward. Peaugh's video review shows it very well. They should rotate together to so if you move one, you move both. Experiment and you should figure it out. You know when you get it when you hear the transformation noise.

20. Uni-En

Uni-En Well-Known Member

Just wondering can someone please post a pic of megatron looking to the side in a cool action pose? I just want to see how far he can move his neck from side to side and if it results in a decent looking to the side pose and pointing his big claw arm if you know what I mean...Also in robot mode, is it possible to lift those two panels on his shoulders to allow him to have much better articulation at the neck? Reason for my asking is because I realized in tank mode those two panels are raised and was wondering if its possible in robot mode... If so, does he look weird?