Heavy/Scratch: ROTF Leader Megatron : Murder + Gimp Arm MODs and a Paint job!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by lostnfound, Aug 30, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

So I had a customizer (who prefers to remain nameless) help me out and customize my leader Megatron for me. Everything looks GREAT on it!! Now I don't have it back yet, as he just mailed it out on Friday the 27th. So I will be able to post many more pics once I actually get the.

He added an elbow joint from stalker Scorpnok to the murder arm to help give it much more articulation It doesn't affect transformation at all to my knowledge..

He also gave it a bit of a neck mod, allowing the head to rotate some, giving the neck/head some articulation. The knock off here is that when you do the sound gimmick by pulling on his chest tab, his head will no longer move during the sound and light gimmick.

To top it all off, he also added a little length and girth to Megs' 'gimp' arm. He used the arms off of my deluxe wheelie and added them to the arm and painted them black. He left the original fingers there too, giving Megatron a whole lot of arm/hand articulation on that side!

In addition to all the modding, he also gave Megatron a wonderful paint finish. He simply gave it some minor paint detailing and used a Krylon Crystal Clear sealant on it.

Here are a couple of pics for everyone to see what was done.

4hxz6r.jpg.png

[​IMG]

Now stay tuned for more pics of the Megatron, as well as another thread I will be starting soon. You see, as well as helping me out with Megatron, he was also gracious enough to help me with another project as well.

It involves taking the Human Alliance bike figures (1 Arcee and 2 Chromias) and turning them into a proper bike set with all 3 bike sisters (Arcee, Chromia, and Elita-1)

He painted the original Chromia figure red, thus making her the proper Arcee. He painted the original Arcee figure blue, thus making it the proper Chromia. And then modded the right arm of the extra original Chromia and painted a blue blade onto her and painted her purple, thus making her Elita-1!!!

It looks very promising, and I will post up a thread w/pics asap, so stay tuned! (here's a little sneak peak btw!)

2yuzvqx.jpg.png

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looking good.

3. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Look interesting man and the mod work is nice. I wonder why he didn't actually give it a realistic paint job?

4. lostnfound

Meaning what? More glossy like the Chromia?

5. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I mean like a ROTF paint job. It seems like he just emphasized on the actual toy color scheme and not the movie color scheme (metals, golds, damage, rust, soot, etc.)

I mean no offense at all man, just an observation. To each their own and it doesn't look bad or anything, just unusual to not see it painted for realism.

6. lostnfound

I guess. It looks pretty realistic to me though. but you're right, to each his own.