ROTF Leader AUTOBOT JETFIRE

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by linthart, Mar 19, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Really nice, but from a non-excited-point-of-view he looks like a robot with an airplane on his back, like TFU Silverbolt, only more detal.

2. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Pretty misinformed. The first movie line was the most successful line in TF history. Retailers are chomping at the bit for the sequel's line to release and are planning on dedicating major shelf space for the line.

3. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I'm really wondering what the Jetfire/Optimus combo is going to look like. That was my main reason for going to buy Optimus.

4. spot101

spot101 Active Member

Jetfire's a pimp, I mean look at him, gotta pimp cane and a pimp cape.....

seriously tho, its ok-ish...but I think the legend class toy is a little bit better, because on the legend class theres barely any bot kibble, on this is a lot, but hey, its still pretty damn nice, I'll wait until somebody posted pictures of him combining with Prime, because I like the new Prime mold a lot....

5. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

I also wonder what the combination will look like. I hope it's good! Oh, and Jetfire looks AWSOME.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I did my best to Photoshop some life out of that darkened combined picture...but there wasn't much there.

But you can see a little more.

Attached Files:

• jf05.jpg
      jf05.jpg
      File size:
      96.2 KB
      Views:
  7. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Just finally got a chance to look. That's an interesting head mold Jetfire's got there. Um...what's with the cane?! Otherwise looks nice enough that I want to get Jetfire and Leader Prime to combine.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I'm sure this has been said couple hundred times... Awesomeness!!! To bad they blacked out the combo picture tho...

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    This toy's alt mode just annihilated the new gijoe movie night raven.
    It may partially be promotional photography tricks. But That is still going to be really solid.

Pleased the cane actually will make it into a movie jetfire toy.

10. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm impressed I didn't think this toy wasn't going to be that good but I have to say I really like it. His robot mode looks really good and I like his crutch cane like thing it makes him look awesome. His head mold looks much better then the Legends, Fast Action Battlers and the image from the colouring book I really like how it looks. However I think the thing that ruins his robot mode is the big pieces of back kibble and the kibble on his arms and it also sucks we don't get to see the toy but just the card backing image. His jet mode also looks good but there is a ton of kibble underneath him. Know it is awesome that this toy and Leader Optimus can combine to bad we didn't get to see it but at least we saw "Jetpower" Optimus which shows us how they combine. If that is the true combinatiom then I like it but I prefer the Aramda combining just because it looks better.

11. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    WOW, this is the first time I'm going to be saying that a movie toy looks like CRAP His body just doesn't look right in robot mode with all that blackbird kibble hanging around, and his head geeezee, it's a robot version of bucktooth or something.

12. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    So far the cane has made it into all of them, Legends, FAB ,and Leader.

13. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is it??

i though the movie toys were still designed by takara?

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :bay 

Very cool. The robot mode is great, aside from the kibble on the back. The jet mode is excellent.

15. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Did anyone else notice that the packaging labels him an autobot but if you look close enough at he pic of his alt mode he has a decepticon logo on his rt wing. still gonna get him.

16. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Questioning the Jetfire

I didn't check all the pages here yet, but does anyone else notice that the figure inside the box is not actually a figure?

It's as though they took the picture of him on the box's back and made like a cardboard stand out of it and placed it in the box. The image in the box has no three-dimensional qualities and is completely flat like a cut-out. The "figure's" pose inside the box is also identical to the way he is posed on the back of the box - not a coincedence.

This makes me think that this is in no way a confirmed final copy of Jetfire. This could easily have been home-made, IMO

:jawdropper: 

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Heres a thought on the cane for all the people bitching about how convenient it is he just happens to be old and uses his landing gear as a cane or that it's a stupid idea or whatever.

Mayhaps, mayhaps when he was younger he simply wielded it as a weapon, a club or sword or some such. And has he aged, he simply started to use it to help support him (and for those complaining about him not being repaired, keep in mind he's likely been alone for some time, obviously not had any chance to get himself fixed up), but he can still use it as a weapon.

Nah the image on the back and the cutout in the box are not 100% identical, the one on the back looks like it has more photoediting done to it. It's just a display, not meant to be a production sample. Or whatever.

18. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Yes, it has been on DVD for about a year. And I still quote that movie!!!

19. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    This is cause its a mock up packaging, usually shown to store owners before a product hits, no figure inside.

20. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

It still doesn't look right. I've never seen a leaked photo of a toy that makes it look like it's supposed to be a sealed MISB sample, only to see that the "figure" is really just a cardboard cut-out or some photo-editing. Every other ROTF figure we've seen was an actual 3-D figure. Why do that if they have the real figure?

Maybe because there's something off about this, to me.