ROTF DVD & Blu-ray: Japanese Exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ricochet, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's what some of us are doing, but there's a risk of complications with the shipment because according to the policy, they can't ship toys to international locations. They can ship DVDs though, and this falls into the "DVD" category because the primary product is the DVD, with Optimus as a bonus item. So that could be one worry. Also, you have to make an Amazon Japan account, and they don't take PayPal, so that could be another.

Personally I think it's worth the risk if it means being able to get this toy for retail price, when I can imagine it going for $300+ on eBay.

2. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    actually i used the paypal plugin to generate a multi use card ...which i used for the preorder that i placed with amazon japan...worked with no problems...so folks wanting to use paypal should try this...

3. tarZen

tarZen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see, but I don't think there's any risk. Amazon only charges if they ship. If they figure later that they can't ship later on, the order just won't go through. It's actually safest to just place the order if you want it.

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol 

He's pretty good looking in bot and truck mode:p 

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think Amazon US works the same way. . .

6. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:

what paypal plugin?

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Well, I am taking a crack at buying with a Visa card. Hopefully this works out... (crossing fingers for the next 3+ months)

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Just to avoid any potential disappointments IIRC the Takara version of ROTF Prime says "Optimus Prime" rather than "I AM Optimus Prime"

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Batteries come out right away so... not too worried about that.

10. ntsan

ntsan Well-Known Member

The actual shipping charge could be double of what they charge now, consider they don't do SAL anymore only EMS, and EMS cost like 3200 yen for standalone Leader OP..

11. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/NewPayPalPlugin-outside&nav=1.3.2

log in to paypal...look for a link that allows you to generate secure credit card #'s to use with your paypal account for online shopping...you have to download and install a plug in program for your web brower...paypal then will have you log in and it creates a secure credit card # that is linked to your paypal account...you have to have the business account i believe to use the credit card generator option....

12. primal-convoy

primal-convoy Well-Known Member

It seems that at amazon japan they also have the blac mini BB toy, leading me to believe that it is the same as the legends Prime fig that came with ALL preorders in Japan with the first DVD (while stocks last).

The clear BB then, is exclusive to Tsutaya while the black bb will come with black prime at amazon, clear bb at tsutaya and the utterly fail-some twins at lawsons.

Hurrah!

13. primal-convoy

primal-convoy Well-Known Member

14. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Black RotF Prime is one of the coolest things I've seen in some time.

15. thedeadmatrix

thedeadmatrix Well-Known Member

No no no no this cant be happening FINALLY A MOVIE OPTIMUS PRIME BLACK REPAINT NOT NIGHTWATCH A BLACK REPAINT AND WE CANT EVEN GET IT DAMN YOU HASBRO AND TAKARA

16. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll get it from HASBRO. We thought Nightwatch Prime was a UK exclusive but it was later released in the US with some minor differences. I fully expect the same with Movie Nemesis Prime. It won't be released until December so Hasbro has some time to announce a their version of the Black repaint. We all expect inevitable leader class repaints. I think its to early to worry that this will be a Takara exclusive.

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

So.... folks in this thread who have pre-ordered, you're really not concerned about the whole "no shipping toys internationally" thing? That seems a bit risky, to assume that this very large box will ship just fine as a DVD add-on.

And isn't it pretty likely that BBTS will get these? Heck, they got Clear Mirage, Strafe, and other figures that were more limited than this one by the looks of it (although, hmm, they never got ROTF black Soundwave, did they.... hmmm).

I dunno, much as I want these figures (all three of them, really) I guess I'm just reluctant to order from a site that expressly says it won't ship toys overseas, and depend on a loophole.

18. capellamusic

capellamusic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They only charge when they process the order, so if this was a mistake they'll simply cancel the international orders. I mean, it's Amazon, they're not going to charge that price and then ship only the DVD. So, the only risk is that the order may get cancelled. Not that big of a problem...

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Fair enough, those are good points. I guess I'm just over-cautious, having never ordered from an overseas version of Amazon... and feeling that if there WERE a problem, with my complete lack of Japanese-speaking ability, I would be ill-suited to solve it.

Anyhow, I'm sure it's fine. And like you said, they don't charge till they ship, so you have some wiggle room.

20. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I contacted BBTS as soon as I front paged this news. This was their response:

I also asked if they could do a package deal with all the exclusives in one order. They haven't replied yet to that one.