Heavy/Scratch: RotF Devastator WiP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hthrun, Mar 23, 2011.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henry, that's liking amazing, my friend. I've been keeping an eye on your progress on my CGI customs page in facebook. Your stuff always makes me smile, :) .

2. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Wow! That's huge! I'm realy looking forward to the end result :D 

3. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

That head is gorgeous. Unfortunately it looks like Bobblehead Devastator. Are you planning on bulking up the rest the body? Awesome work none the less.

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Thanks guys!

Thanks! The thing with Devastator is his head/neck in the movie is kind of like a long, wide snake. In the pics it will be stretched up or squatted down, such that his face is about where his stomach should be.
    My Devastator is capable of moving his head down that far, but I was having a hard time getting him to stand like that when I was taking the pics. The legs have always been delicate, wanting to flop the whole toy over or pop off when trying different poses. It was like that even before with the stock head. I'm hoping to come up with some ideas to fix that...
    But I do also have an alternative transformation with Scavenger's shovel. There are earlier pics of it in this thread, but it can be separated in half and attached behind his shoulders to give his body a little more bulky look. Next time I take pics I plan to do that with the shovel again...

5. amproadbuster88

amproadbuster88 How's it goin y'all!

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    WOW! That's crazy lol, I would have never thought of using Bionicle/Hero Factory parts to do that haha! Using the Voyager Mixmaster is a good idea though, I sorta thought using parts of him would work, was hoping they would make all of the Constructicons then we put em together but nope!

I wish I got Mixmaster though, could never find him when I wanted him, I have Long Haul and Scavenger is it? Demolisher looks pretty cool though.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Thanks! It would be so awesome if a third party group made a to-scale Mixmaster and Overload that fit in the spot the current giant Mixmaster fits in...