ROTF Deluxe Ravage Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, May 11, 2009.

1. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Although he's out of scale with his fellow bots, he's just the right size for a 3 3/4th-inch-ish figure to ride.

The body forms kind of a natural saddle and the spine used for his nom-nom gimmick makes a good handle.

[​IMG]

Ravage is like if Battlecat knocked up Skeletor on some lost episode of He-man that turned into a Transformers crossover.

~Matt Booker

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ^ Wow, so much epic in one pic...

3. Matt Booker

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks. :D 

~Matt Booker

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hell yeah it is. Been thinking of saving some boxes just for the backgrounds.
    Kept the mega pvc boxes becasue some had Teletran-1 printed inside on them.

Dig the review jhubs

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  5. Matt Booker

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't have a lightbox, and even if I did I like to see pics with more than just the standard white background. These things make for great backdrops, if you can ignore the occasional slit of missing scenery. :lol 

~Matt Booker

6. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Like many of you, I wished the neck was adjustable, but overall, Ravage is extremely poseable. I really like how easily you can make a natural looking pose.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Just picked him up, pretty decent

"sick em' boy!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

I like Ravage, and many are recommending it. But if I had to choose ONE of the following, would Ravage be the best choice?

1. Jolt
    2. Ravage
    3. Mudflap
    4. Skids
    5. Chromia

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I have all of those but Jolt, and Ravage just stands out(to me) as the coolest of the bunch. Can't wait to get Jolt though.

10. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. JHubs

JHubs Active Member

Hrmm...well, I'd say Chromia is out. She's not bad, per se, she's just not as good as the other four. Jolt is untested, for me. I'd say your best bet would be Skids, in my experience. He's the best out of Ravage, Mudflap, and him.

Thanks alot, man. I appreciate it :D 

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Been looking forward to when I picked this guy up. Couldn't find Mixmaster today, but I did luck out in finding Ravage, so I went with him. And for the most part I'm glad I did. I really like his design, and he's a decent sized deluxe. His alt mode is really not worth it, the transformation to and from it is a little more involved than you'd expect, but it is still just basically folding and unfolding a cat. Still, his beast mode is why you're getting him, and he delivers on that front with a nice looking, well articulated kitty cat mode. Mech Alive gimmick is decent enough, and doesn't get in the way at all.

Edit: Having messed around with teh ketteh ketteh a bit more since I got him, he's grown on me a bit more. Again, still really like his design. His alternate mode is still kinda thrown in, but really, it's not THAT bad, for a reentry mode anyways. It looks like it had some effort into it, the transformation isn't as basic as some figures in the scale, hell there's even larger figures with weaker transformations. And his beast mode is, of course, awesome. Still working on finding some cool poses for him, but I finally got him to a decent looking neutral stance.

13. Matt Booker

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I know it's not cost effective for HasTak to put joints on each section of the tail, but after seeing his fluid predatory movements in the film, did anyone else think the tail was a bit... stiff?

At least it can be fixed. :D 

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd post the link to the thread in Radicons in case anyone else wanted a better tail.

ROTF Ravage Fully Articulated Tail tutorial

~Matt Booker

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Okay, I F**king NEED him. NOW.

15. Matt Booker

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually, you need two of him. :D 

(Okay, so one will work, but two is best.)

~Matt Booker

16. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Can’t deal with that right now

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Nice review bro. I got this guy as a gift, and I gotta say I really like it. He could use a bit more paint, but I actually like the fact they released him in more G1 colors than his movie depiction.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Alright, finally got myself Ravage, and for what it's worth, he's a pretty decent Deluxe. "Alt. Mode" doesn't look anything that's not a folded up quadraped feline, although with some manipulation I got a semi-decent "jet-bike" mode (the guns folding back to become seatback posts), and the Choboco mode is pretty funny.

Robot mode is clearly where most of the design went into the figure, and that's a good thing. While the head not being able to look anywhere else but straight due to the "Mech Alive" gimmick, the gimmick itself is okay, and at least the gimmick doesn't limit articulation elsewhere. The legs are insanely articulated (you can get lost of nice leaping nd running poses from him), and the look overall does look like G1 Ravage a bit (the con logo on the top of the rear body section is also dark metalic purple as opposed to silver, which is also a nice touch). There's a lot of blended metalic blue all over his body, probably to enhance the "re-entry" look, but if they had blended in some silver on the guns (like in the movie), that would have made the panther mode even cooler.

In summary, I'd say that if you don't mind the fact he doesn't really transform into a vehicle or machine of some sort, or the spikes on his back, then you should get Ravage. Plus he's a better represntation of the movie feline then say, Deluxe Soundwave's Missile.

18. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine a week ago when the girl noticed I was stressing heavily (making 2 costumes - one for a haunted house this weekend & one to chill in Halloween night...) and I looked at him in package for the whole week before I opened him.

Had considered swapping him out for Sideswipe, as I really wanted him, but the more I thought about it, that would be ungrateful of me.

Since then - wow, is he a great figure; the articulation of the body is amazing, but could be better (the head needs a double ball-joint to look feline & the waist should have been a large ball-joint as well, plus the tail is rather limited) but you'll still be amazed by the poses he can pull off the first time you start trying to pose him...

All-in-all, I'd have to say get him - and I put off grabbing the DLX mold out of hope that there would be a LOC mold, but I'm really happy that choice was made for me - otherwise, I'd have missed out on this great mold...

DEFINITE MUST BUY.

Still waiting on LOC Wheelie though & nothing's gonna change my mind....:tongue: 

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Ravaged myself up. Like the kitty, although mine had loose legs where those barrel joints let the forelimbs swivel sideways, so he has a tendency to cross his arms or poof down if nudged. Gonna try and fix that with nail polish or open his forelegs and shove something in there.
    Wish his cannons were on balljoints, and for some reason both cannons aren't in line with each other on mine.

The submarine/missile alt mode is a bit crap but it's growing on me. It sorta reminds me of that heat ray bug thing from the G1 cartoon.
    Pity Hasbro didn't stick a face under the lower jaw flap or hide it in a false jaw flap or something. Sure he'd be a bit out of proportion (but then how many BayFormers are normal proportions these days?) but then he could have a third mode to take the edge off his dodgy submarine/missile mode. Stick those cannons on with balljoints like I said earlier and you could pop them off and stick them in his hands or on his shoulders or something:
    [​IMG]

100 cool points to anyone that can guess what part of another Transformer I used to make his face in this photo. I'll give you a clue: it's from a ROTF figure.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That "robot mode" is kinda cool. I'll have to try it out.