ROTF Chromia Bot Mode

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DoubleClouder, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:

Seven if you count every TF with wheels/treads near their feet, but the person I was replying to specifically referred to "unicycle" bots, of whom there are four.

2. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

shhhh
    The Great Bay may hear you and his followers will set your posts on fire.

I think after that they explode. :) 

The sense of style is a little re-god-damn-diculous. Its almost as if he just decided that every bot should roller blade now lol.

There are so many story elements wrong with robots from outer space elements in this movie its ridiculous. I think the giant F@#$ing robot death machine idea dehumanizes the one quality most fans liked about Transformers which was the personalities. They were always robots that didnt seem so alien if you understand what im saying. This toy and many others ( not all ) show their disjointed perspective on the franchise.

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "O brave new world! That has such people in't!"

When the first movie came out, people were pissed BB wasn't a VW bug & several of you attacked the 'exploded' design on the bots. I for one thought idea looked awesome (like a mechanical decorator crab trying to hide on an alien planet), but then I stopped paying attention to the TF universe after the 80s movie came out...

I'm not saying this design works so great in toy form, but it's not terrible.
    We also haven't seen this thing on-screen; when we say BB's 70s toy, we all thought it looked pretty weak compared to the 08 model, but a good chunk of us changed that tune when we saw him in the movie, so we grabbed him immediately (I actually walked into a Super Wal-mart & grabbed him after seeing the movie for the 3rd time...).

And I also agree that the idea of her being a messenger could justify her limb design on Cybertron (but I think a scout would be better -- no matter how quietly you could sneak up on someone on legs, getting urgent news out will always be faster on wheels) so let's not play that game... Plus, anyone who looks at a metallic CGI robot & gets aroused has issues... besides, I've seen the artwork people came up with after the 1st TR; so don't tell me you need something hot on camera to fall in love with.

I think it's a brave design, I'm not partial to the "lets-make-everything-a-circus-performer"-design m'self; but I'm saying it's a nice twist that looks entertaining...

Personally, I wanna see the purple & pink toys now more than ever...
    This thing is okay, but I still think it'll rock on-screen.

4. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

I give it :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb  out of 5 !! Reminds me of Thrust of Beast Machines !!

5. loudstone

loudstone Artobot

Personally, I don't have issues with the concept... it's the execution that I can't stand. If it's not mistransformed, I can't imagine that it is a good representation of the character onscreen.

6. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

If I was a robot, I'd prefer rollin than walkin hence, give me a motorcycle over roller blades... hey how about being a motorcycle that transforms into a robot with roller blades... gotto put thos wheels to good use, beside, without having to put them legs, there's more space for weapons!

7. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Ok guys, here's the thing...
    It all comes down to the fact that Michael Bay likes cars, fast cars, REEEEALLY fast cars. He also likes to film fast shit, blurry shit, and unrecognizable shit. Logic, continuity or common sense has nothing to do with it, he just wanted the robots to look more like the cars he loves so much so he can make everything go ZOOM!!!
    So if you think it was hard to follow the "Aluminum foil ball" cluster fuck fights and action in the first one, wait 'till you see these one wheeling bitches running around the place like a Hot Wheels track on crack!

I just wish Bay would stop contradicting himself and actually sits down and makes a good movie. But I guess that's what happen when you don't respect the source material.

SOMEBODY GIVE THIS PROPERTY TO ZACK SNYDER!!! AT LEAST WITH THE SLOW MOW YOU'LL BE ABLE TO FOLLOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The source material was ANYTHING but good.

9. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Which one? There's like over a dozen at this point. :p 
    But remember waaaaay back when the original announcement was made that Bay would direct and Spielberg would produce? They said they would base it on G-1. And through it's flaws, in the right hands it would make for a pretty great epic story. but no, they had to re-imagine it, like Hollywood likes to do sooo many times.

Bay just loves to piss off the fans, 'cause he's obviously not doing this movie for us, this is a movie for the masses, the ones who shut down mentally and just watch the pretty colors explosions and everything go fast around them. That's where the circus bots come into play, more "I can't tell WTF's going on in the screen" for your buck.

10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh great, another paranoid fan who has to insult people like myself who could tell what was going on during the fights...

Here's something mindblowing: I like fast cutting and slow motion!

11. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Nothing paranoid about it, plus I didn't insult anyone either (well, maybe Bay for his crappy choices).
    Besides, how many viewings did you sit though before you got everything that was going on? I mean, I'm sure it wasn't that many since just when the fight get's good they cut to the humans scratching their asses!

And I have nothing against fast motion, it's the mixture of fast motion, and badly designed kibblebots fighting each other that makes my eyes hurt.

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Much better, much more civil. I apologise for calling you paranoid, but honestly, with comments that imply Bay doesn't care about storytelling coupled with death threats, isn't it justified that you feel he doesn't like you lot? He redesigned Megatron's head, he got the sequel ready for 2009, you all loved Bonecrusher so much he continued that aesthetic...

How many viewings? First one. I could tell Ratchet's the yellow one shooting Brawl in the head before Megatron arrived. My only criticism is that Megatron and Starscream were the same colour: thank god the Constructicons and Chevybots are so colourful.

13. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Oh yeah, I can tell the long range fight sequences how the action ran. My main complaint is when they get close and personal, like in the BB vs. Barricade fight. That shit made no sense, mainly because most of the fight was going on in the background while we see Le Boof and hot chick were running around like roaches in the kitchen when you turn on the lights. Then, when you go back to the action, IT'S OVER!!! Same with the Prime and Megs fight, so much build up, and not only did the fight suck, LeBoof is the one who finishes it!!! I'm sorry, I don't know about you, but that shit just makes me feel gypped. Plus you gotta love Primes end solution, "I'll sacrifice myself to keep the Allspark from Decepticon hands, but in the process I'll leave the earth to the Decepticons to conquer while leaving the Autobots leaderless."GENIOUS!!!

That's the kind of annoying shit I'm talking about. Bad decision making.
    And yeah, I know Bay hates us, just look at the DVD features, he pretty much lays it out there straight. Even when he gives us some fan service, he still adds a bit of that Bay touch to still make us say WTF?!?!?!

Case in point, this right here... You wanted Arcee? Fine, here she is... BAY STYLE!!! :wtf: :bay :wtf: :puke2: 

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    It is based on G1. What it's not is a retelling of MTMTE or TFTM'86.

-airfox

15. dovianax

dovianax Terrorcon

Oh I know...
    Which is why right after that I said this...
    :) 

16. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I read that as well. The "re-imagine" line made me think that you were against re-imagining, thus you wanted an exact retelling of MTMTE or TFTM'86. :D 

-airfox

17. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

don't forget ******ed shaky cam.....that in combination with what you said made the action scenes suck

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Studios like this kind of approach, because if it was too much to take in the first time, people will buy the dvd and watch it frame by frame.

19. Valenti

Valenti BoA's love.

Definitely looks like an alien robot from outer space, alright.

Really unique.