ROTF Bludgeon - will he and the scout toys be available for Botcon sets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by videriant, Jun 3, 2009.

1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Question above. Does putting new molds such as Bludgeon and the scouts under the ROTF toyline keep them from being part of future Botcon sets like the movie one toys?

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes. TFCC has mentioned several times over the last couple of years that movie molds are off limits in much the same fashion as Alternators. Partially due to a lot of licensed vehicles, and partially due to the fact that Paramount has a contract with Hasbro regarding (what seems to be) the movie style in general.

General rule of thumb seems to be that any non-movie mold can be used both in the movie lines and outside of the movie lines, ala the Energon combiners. But Movie molds cannot be used in anything outside of movie related lines.

3. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand that movie molds are off limits due to licensing agreement. I was wondering if Bludgeon was considered a movie mold or if he was a Universe 2.0 mold that was shoved into the movie line/packaging for sale. Is lockdown a movie mold or a Universe 2.0 mold? I doubt he appears in the movie even as a non-transforming car.

All the other toys (TFTM Target scouts, Walmart Allsparks, TRU Ultras, Superion, Bruticus) are not movie molds, they are repaints that are sold under the movie packaging.

Bludgeon, Lockdown, and the scouts are new never before seen molds but not characters in the movie. I'm wondering if they are restricted the same way as previous movie toys.

Thanks.

4. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Related question. Are the animated molds available to botcon or are they off limits due to Hasbro's joint deal with Cartoon Network? What's the future of botcon toys if they continue to have restricting licensing agreements with other companies?

5. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

they must be running out of mold options indeed. with two movies and no molds to use from either, and i dont see animated molds fitting in with the rest of botcon series, they would have to keep using classics, classics 2.0 Cybertron and Energon.

6. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    Bludgeon aka wrecker , blackout, and the other off screen movie TF's i would think they could use outside the movie..there are no contracts with manufacturer's...maybe paramount...dunno on that part....but the cars (GM) and optimus truck and megs...definitely no go....