ROTF Arcee and Sideswipe VA's Confirmed?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by realCliffjumper, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay for Susan Blu! I think that's awesome.

Never heard the Sonic dude. But, I really want Urkel to voice a Transformer. I mean why not? Eddie from Family Matters was Jazz...

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I've heard this said a lot, and don't get it. Mikaela had to save Sam's ass from Frenzy. Then she had enough balls to jump into the middle of the battle, hook Bumblebee up, and push him to kill Brawlastator. Yes, she was portrayed as superhot, but she was also portrayed as a bad-ass.

To keep it on topic, I'm glad to see Susan get some additional voice credits in Transformers, and see her crossover to the live-action franchise. Awesome.

3. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

It nice to see Susan Blu get the Arcee role, as for the other guy can't say I know much about him so we'll see.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Yeah, Jaleel White voiced Sonic. I've never heard the original sonic voice though.

I'm fine with Sonic voicing Sideswipe, as long as he doesn't sound like sonic. Or at least changes it around a bit. Oh well. I was scared of what the Twins would sound like. But then came the trailer...

Sam : Can you read this?

Skids : ...READ?

Mudflap : No no, we really don't do much readin'.

I fell in love with the two. I'm sure Sideswipe will be fine.

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Huh? And the movie reviewers said
    Arcee didn't have any lines in the movie.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Ok, I looked up some vids of Sonic x episodes, and I have to say Jason Griffith's Sonic isn't all that bad. Personally he sounds less "whiny" then Jaleel White's(Urkel.) version. Though I will say, Jason's voice does come off as kinda bland.

At the very worst, I'd say he sounds kinda mediocre, but not terrible. I don't have a problem with it.

I agree. Though Fox may not have been able to play the part too well, that was the overall character.

7. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome Sonic is voicing Sideswipe.

8. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Well, it doesn;t sound like Sideswipe is going to have a huge number of lines in the film anyway, so let's prey that they're "Sideswipe's my name, speed's my game!", "You're too slow!", "C'mon, step it up!", "C'mon, step it up!" and "C'mon, step it up!" Maybe he could sat the last line again for added emphasis.

Yay for Sue Blu, too; even if she does only get one line, I'll still get a kick out of it. Has any VA ever voiced the same character in three different generations before? Fit for natalie, McFeely, that question's for you guys... :) 

9. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hooray for Sue Blu once again getting Arcee!

Jason Griffith.... He's either going to sound really good or really bad as Sideswipe, but I'm betting it will be excellent. I like a lot of his roles, but some are really bad, or maye it's just the whole 4kids thing.

10. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HUZZAH!!!! I'm so glad they didn't go w/ anyone else for Arcee.

Fan-nods or not - am glad for the inclusion of Welker & Blu, as well as a iconic deep voice of Tony Todd for the Fallen.

11. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

good to see sue blu's name attached to the movie.

12. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anime and video games is a LOT closer than the guy who was on FAMILY MATTERS lol :p 

13. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

dude don't be hate'n. the Jasson Griffith could have range that we've never heard. i mean look at Heath Ledger.

14. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

small role or not. it's good to know the job is going to one of the orignals.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This isn't the first time I've heard this Jason Griffith thing going about, and I'm still not entirely clear where it came from. The actors are a bit all over the place - as a 4Kids-er, Griffith is a New York based actor, while Kenny, Cullen, Welker and Blu are all California-based, and that IS a factor, so I'm not fully convinced by this.

(But, godjammit, seriously, people have SEEN THE FREAKING MOVIE. Would it have been so hard to check out the credits? They managed it for the premiere of the FIRST movie! I want to know who's doing the voices!!)

16. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I'm thrilled to hear that Susan Blu was hired to play Arcee. She's contributed so much to Transformers over the years; it's nice to see she's still a part of it, for both Animated, and the film! :D  Now, if only Arcee survives the movie! :D 

This also means both the actors I was hoping would get parts made it in: Frank Welker and Susan Blu! :D  I'm pretty happy! :lol  :D 

I'm looking forward to hearing Sideswipe speak as well; I like his design. I don't know much of Sonic, but, seeing as he's a speedy character, and Sideswipe is as well, it should match up very nicely. :) 

17. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Because if David Kaye, Tara Strong, and Frank Welker have taught us anything, voice actors can only do ONE VOICE EVER.

Chill the hell out. Personally, I think Griffith suffered from the fact that Sega gave him bad dialogue. Now we'll just have to wait and see what he sounds like in the movie before we pass judgment, won't we?

Besides, I'm sure Rob Orci was writing for Sideswipe's character and said, "Damn, I think he should be just like Sonic the Hedgehog."

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, but that was the regular world premier. I think all the premiers so far have been press dealys. They might not have even shown the credits there.

19. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Spax3 says hi

I myself can't wait to hear Jason Griffith as Sideswipe...
    also there are rumours going around that "George Newburn" will be voicing Blackout/Grindor

20. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some good choices there. I'm hyped. Can't wait for this movie anymore!!!!!!!!