ROTB Optimus Primal & Optimus Prime make a cameo on Nickelodeon Football Game

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    I honestly think the transformations were just placeholders to promote the movie for an extremely short duration. I honestly believe primal and prime have different transformations as shown in the trailer.

You also posted about him in the previous ROTB thread cause I remember you did. Are you getting paid by this person to promote their vids ? Cause everyone knows that he makes clickbait content (granted hes talented), but still he makes annoying clickbait content.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The true way Primal transforms...
    Screenshot_20221226_160649_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221226_160640_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221226_160654_Instagram.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’m pretty sure those headlight squares are there in the trailer, just not lit up. The trailer model more than likely is what we are stuck with, and not some unfinished model that’s drastically going to change.

5. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    I think these transformations are awful honestly. Primal is a bit dodgy and I just laughed when I saw prime "transform"

• Like Like x 6
  6. Chadderbug

Chadderbug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    These are just meant for a quick edit. Not at all the quality of the actual movie which is the point.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Agreed, also just idc enough about them to complain since they won’t be in the film.
    You would think but they aren’t there. Underneath the silver piece on Prime’s windows, is where they should be.
    9F2BCFA8-DF90-48A3-B226-AE3305407346.jpeg
    But in this show, the leaked photo and now this NFL thing they are.
    4AB7EA40-0BCA-46A9-ACBD-BB363F9FC375.jpeg 18864355-61B9-4A2E-BEA7-E29D1E1F9C20.jpeg 49EF91D5-B815-473F-9A16-C32A57346D1A.jpeg
    Just the model in scene was unfinished. Either way looks way the design here looks better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Idk, maybe they are, maybe they aren’t. The headlights are the smallest possible thing to have problems with to me. Unfortunately everything actually important that looks bad remains the same. Just got to wait in the next trailer to confirm it…

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie version Prime looks like he took out his dentures.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Could be, from analyzing the shots in that scene it doesn’t appear. Just a case of the shot in the trailer being very unfinished if I where to guess.
    It’s still not great but idk for me something about the render here looks a bit better. Could be the shoulders being higher.
    Eh I guess. I like the movie face for Prime just it doesn’t fit with this design.
    Okay that is a little more comparable than a shot from a 200+ million dollar blockbuster film.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
  11. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Pretty much that what it is. We see in the trailer Primal and especially Prime transform a bit differently.

It’s a quick little promo type thing, nothing really to get angry at or complain hard about.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then what's the point of hiring an actor with a distinct voice?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Olvacron22

Olvacron22 Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait, so people are actually legitimately crying about the transformations in these? It\'s a 5 second ad made for tv in the middle of an entirely unrelated broadcast. It genuinely amazes me that some people have sunk this low into the abyss of entitled petty complaining just to complain nonsensical hatred for something that truthfully if you don\'t want to see it then just look the other way. And don\'t give me that \"so criticism isn\'t allowed\" sarcastic bs. Complaining about an ad like this isn\'t criticism, it\'s obsession with hatred towards the movie. 

• Like Like x 5
  14. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why Truk have lips when Munky no have lips?

15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, they hired an actor with the ability to successfully play a wide variety of characters, especially vocally.

Why is this a bad thing? This is how professional voice actors like Frank Welker and Jess Harnell have built their entire careers.

• Like Like x 6
  16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Or, like, they're not completely in the know like we are about things like ads and promos not being 100% true to the final product and are taking this at face value?

You know, it's actually entirely reasonable to expect something meant to advertise and hype up a film would accurately portray it on a technical level. The average person these ads are targeted to aren't going to be thinking "well, despite using the proper CGI models from the film it's likely the transformation were simplified for the sake of this advertisement." They're going to think "oh that must be what Optimus Prime looks and transforms like in the new movie." Really, would it not be sensible to perhaps put on a good showing when trying to sell your product? Same with the shitty CGI in the trailer. I get it, things aren't always finalized and polished, but if the purpose of this media is to sell upcoming media, would you not want to, y'know, sell it?

Your response to criticism feels equally as dismissive and rude as the criticism you're complaining about. Why is every fan's reaction to seeing negative things said towards an unfeeling, emotionless product to insult other fans?

All those characters still sound like Ron Perlman.

The voice in the trailer did not.

Then again, after TLK lowered the standards so much, I could be entirely wrong and that wasn't even Perlman in the trailer, but a scratch track voice they forgot to replace ala Hot Rod and 50% of the other characters in TLK. The movie could come out and the line/read is completely different.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are quite a few in that video that do not 'still sound like Ron Perlman', like Satan from Animaniacs, the guy from Archer, and Bruce Banner, but not sure if you'd know that considering it's a 7 minute long video and you replied to my post in less than 3 minutes after it was made, so maybe you just assumed.

Ironhide doesn't sound anything like Wakko or Brer Rabbit who Jess Harnell also voices... it's literally the skill of the actor to pull off stuff like this. I'd also wager that it *was* Perlman in the trailer considering he was one of the very first voice actors announced for the cast well over a year ago, around the same time as Cullen. They were clearly set on this casting for a long time.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    today in the rotb thread: tfw discovers what an actor is.

• Like Like x 14
  19. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nerds: HIRE VOICE ACTORS HOLLYWOOD!
    Hollywood: Ok
    Nerds: Wait, wait not that one-

• Like Like x 11
  20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay, since you're really fixated on the whole "it doesn't even sound like Perlman," let me rephrase more succinctly what actual point was: The voice of Primal in the trailer sounded like shit and not at all to the quality of Perlman's performance. Even when putting on another voice you can still tell he's, y'know, acting. I don't dispute that Perlman is a talented voice, in fact my intent is quite the contrary. They must have either given him terrible direction or digitally modulated his voice beyond immediate recognition.

Hell, the line read in the trailer sounds more like his voice from the Netflix show, just with better pronunciation.