ROTB Mirage on Autoblog

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lone_Decepticon, Mar 18, 2023.

1. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Energon homebrewer

My take is, I have no problem making Mirage something else than a F1 in live action, because that’s kind of a stupid « disguise » anyway. He could have been any blue expensive sport car. With that said, finally getting the license from Porche after all these years and not using it for Jazz is…a weird lost opportunity. Also this character is supposed to be the next kid appeal character. I mean Jazz is one of the coolest and friendliest bot around ! He can also be a special op badass. Mirage has traditional characters trait that can make him a very interesting character if used well in a story. But cool kid appeal character doesn’t really fits him. Lots of strange decisions. But that’s live action Transformers for you. That’s not really Mirage to me, that’s why I jokingly call him Mirazz.

• Like Like x 5
  2. PrimusMaximus04

PrimusMaximus04 First On Race Day

News Credits:
    Ha, Mirazz. I’ll have to use that!

• Like Like x 2
  3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    In 2007, Bumblebee was only a Concept Camaro, not a production one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Now when he does the cloning trick I'm going to call it him doing his "Mirazzle dazzle."

• Like Like x 4
  5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly don't worry. 911s are really hard to tell apart, and in general, the differences are internal rather than external. The biggest tell between the 911 Turbo(930) and 911 Turbo(964) is that the 964 has bumper parts are more integrated into the look of the bodywork, giving it a sorta seamless look vs. the 930. Cabin differences too but unless you're looking at showroom cars it's not nice to look into other people's expensive cars lol.

Why not Jazz? Why not name him..Shitball? Thunder-Fart? Mega Booger?

Because the Porsche is a cool car and Mirage is a cool name. It's arguably a cooler name than Jazz. I mean, why is Ironhide a small dick compensating truck in 2007 movie and not a small Japanese van? Because the Topkick is a cool ass truck and Ironhide is a cool name for a badass truck. For the record I have a small dick and I love the Topkick so there. Not hating on the truck nor Ironhide.

At the end of the day the movie isn't just made for G1 fans. It's also made for movies who don't know a single shit, nor really give a shit about past Transformers. It isn't necessarily for fans of the original Bay movies because a lot of those casual fans have likely moved on already. This is for fans of Bumblebee and new fans the movie might make. It's also trying to get in Beast Wars people who might not even give a shit about vehicle Transformers in the first place.

NONE of the Cybertronian characters need to be named off of G1 guys. They're only doing this just to have a spiritual tie to the Transformers fans know and love, but that's it. It was never meant to emulate or try to be G1. It's trying to be it's own thing. Mirage is a Porsche because that's what was best for the movie. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    I don\'t care what the altmode is as long as the color theme and bot mode is recognizable. For me, that\'s the character.  That\'s where Bayverse totally sucks. Wheeljack NEEDS flashing ears when he speaks. It\'s been a part of his character even when the name was changed in Energon. Mirage NEEDS the Sphinx helmet.  G1 needs to be catered to because that\'s the origins of the brand. That\'s where the heroes and villains were first given their properties.  Casting it aside would be like deciding for the next movie, Batman grew actual leathery wings, wore yellow yoga pants, and was a cheerful character who did backyard bbq with his parents.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Cool story, but I'm still baffled that this is not Jazz.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    *chrisbot has entered the fray*

All that effort, and it's not for JAZZ!?!?!?

*chrisbot has left the fray*

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  9. PrimusMaximus04

News Credits:
    COLORS WEAVE INTO A SPIRE OF FLAME, DISTANT SPARKS CALL TO A PAST STILL UNAMED, BARE THIS TORCH AGAINST THE COLD OF THE NIGHT, SEARCH YOUR SOUL AND REAWAKEN THE UN-DY-ING LIIIIIIIGHT

10. Peaceful Soldier

Peaceful Soldier All Hail Megatron

News Credits:
    Now that\'s interesting. Man, this movie is going to be amazing!!! Favourite car brand meets favourite franchise is an awesome feeling

• Like Like x 1
  11. Checksources84

Checksources84 Well-Known Member

Passing up on Jazz in a POC directed and starring film, with a 90's Hip-hop soundtrack is shockingly shortsighted.
    It's a situation where the producers would be immune to woke criticisms of Race Bending, and be emphasizing Transformers's history of diversity.
    Paramount and Hasbro would be cementing a positive "Black" robot character and fixing the damage of the twins.

• Like Like x 2
  12. PrimusMaximus04

News Credits:
    I know right? I really hope this leads to future partnerships, imagine something like an updated jazz that turns into a 918!

• Like Like x 1
  13. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

This live action nonsense can't get anything right. It's been a shitshow from the beginning and it continues to be over 15 years later.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    A Porsche is a Porsche
    Of course
    Of course

15. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

I agree. Why use such a rare version of the Porsche rather than a more common one of the same profile? Not many would have known the difference had it not been pointed out. As far as it not being Jazz, I think they just like to screw with us.

• Like Like x 1
  16. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Bumblebee movie did an excelent job with the cybertronian characters, why are they steering so far away from them in this movie? The animal bots look pretty good and of course Prime and Bee, but why would you steer so frar from wheeljack? I\'m fine with new car mode but why not pay trivute to the  bot mode from G1? I feel that the Porche was a bad choice for Mirage. I can understand not using a formula 1 car for the street but they could have mad ehim choose one for a short period of time. For instance, he thinks it looks cool but nog functional for road so he changes cars by scanning an new one. Why not another sports car like bugatti or mazerati? Porsche shouls have stayed Jazz.

17. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now in the future if they want to make a new movieverse Jazz, to avoid licensing entanglements, they can just pull a Gran Turismo 2 and use RUF instead of Porsche. :lol 

Mirage: "What are you supposed to be? We already have a car that looks like me."
    Jazz: "I'm fully custom!"
    Mirage: "So am I"
    Jazz: "But I make it look good."
    Mirage: "How dare you!?"

• Like Like x 1
  18. PrimusMaximus04

News Credits:
    I mean seriously, imagine something like Jazz turning into a RUF yellow bird. That’d be epic. (Granted he’d have to be yellow but honestly I’d be okay with that if he just kept his personality from other universes)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Optimax Prime

Optimax Prime The 14th Prime

Fort Optimax (which is more than meets the eye)
    Honestly, Paramount could've easily seen if they could get one or two 90's Lamborghinis painted red and\or yelow and I'd be good

• Like Like x 1
  20. PrimusMaximus04

News Credits:
    That would be awesome, but the only car Lamborghini would have been making at the time was the Diablo, and those, (in good condition,) run about $600,000, so from that standpoint I understand why Sideswipe and Sunstreaker aren’t here, though I wish they were