ROTB Mirage and Airrazor Voice Actors Confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JS_Prime, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I’ve been hearing that excuse since ‘07 and it just doesn’t fly anymore. You don’t need a human character to “relate” to. That’s just nonsense.
    What about beast wars and G1?.. how everything started? Did anyone really need to see humans on those shows to make the characters relatable?
    People loved Wall-E right? That was a robot that couldn’t talk running around with another robot that couldn’t talk and neither of them were even humanoid. Yes there were humans, but the movie followed wall-e and Eva mainly.
    Or what about sesame street? Again, humans are in that but aren’t the main cast.
    Hell, what about John Wick? How many characters in that movie can someone actually relate to? It’s just a silly argument. People relate to good quality characters, they don’t need someone who looks and acts like them in order to enjoy a movie.
    There have been countless movies that focus on non human main characters. And there are plenty of movies that are 90% CGI.
    How many Sam witwicky toys do you own? Then how many transformers toys do you own? When a parent takes a child to buy movie merchandise, is the kid more likely to pick out something with Shia’s face plastered all over it or Optimus prime’s?
    It doesn’t make sense.

And I wasn’t talking about the action in the cybertron sequence, I was saying that the focus was on the actual transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’m aware TF fans don’t need humans to relate to. Hollywood and general audiences do. You have to remember a vast majority of movie goers aren’t exactly drawn into non human or non explosive moments. Either it’s animated or we get live action with humans. Only 2 options we get unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Idk man. Think of cars. That franchise is a huge success. A lot of franchises actually come to mind. A bugs life, lion king, monsters inc, etc. But notice how these are all animated movies.

You're right in saying that a love action transformers movie will realistically need a lot of human scenes. But that's because of intense cgi and budgeting. That's why live action movies are more human orientated. Because having Optimus prime on screen is really expensive. After all if we needed humans in every movie, we wouldn't have the full animated one coming in 2024

4. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits: