RONIN WARRIORS!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, May 13, 2009.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Sad man...but I will say you at least have your figures. Mine got tossed after my apartment got flooded. Was able to save the majority of my TFs, but all of these were tossed out by the clean up crew due to a miscommunication....a little bitter about that...oh well though....

2. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Oh man, that really sucks. I don't know what I'd do if my collection of crap was affected by some flood/fire. :\

• Like Like x 1
  3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Yeah, I might try and replace them, but they're stupid expensive at this point.

4. Roninfan2

Roninfan2 Well-Known Member

Been a long time, guys. Way too long. Turns out I had to remake my account as I lost my original email address and my old account (Roninfan) was tied to that one so now I'm restarting from scratch. So, has anyone here recently visited the Armor Plus Facebook page? I don't know yet if this is legitimate, but from the look of the recent picture posted there it seems the Warlords may actually be made after all! Someone please tell me this isn't a cruel joke...

5. Roninfan2

Sorry to hear you guys also had the broken hip joint problem. I wonder if after all this time that one eBay seller who was making custom resin hip joints is still working on those? I replaced all my figures except for the two Inferno's and to date they are still holding up well over the last two years.

6. Roninfan2

This is the photo I was referring to. Yeah, there are differences to the Armor Plus originals, but even still this is better than nothing, right? 20900697_10155680858784851_6956054253332256552_o.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fr33domgundam

Those look like the old Playmates toys.

8. Roninfan2

I guess it was a false alarm, as those are the Doyusha brand model kits. They were just so-well done that they had me fooled...

9. Fr33domgundam

Yeah. Just looked it up. The Doyusha kits are from 1989; if Bandai's Gundam kit progressions are any indication, these kits are probably pretty bad (as kits).

Still, they don't look bad in terms of design/detail; just that the proportions are way off.
    I'm almost wondering if I can get my hands on these nowadays, and mod them to fit over a modern articulated figure body.

10. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I've got a set of originals, but I'm scared to touch them because of the hips. I recently have stumbled across these "KO" figures made by Lutoys. On their facebook page they have a prototype of one of the warlords, which would be totally awesome. It looks like Cye has already been released and can be had for less than $70 shipped. This also includes an LED base. The head sculpts aren't great which is a bummer. I've seen a couple of youtube reviews that weren't in english and the joints seem pretty loose. I wonder if the hip joints could be swapped with the originals....

11. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Would you be able to share some links to these KOs and the Warlord prototype? That's the first I've heard of them. If they release a Kento with a big wide anime grin I'd get it just for that. The official Kento is sorely lacking in the face department.
    I just rearmored the Warriors a month or two ago. Still same hip situation as last time (Sage both broken and Cye one broken). It stinks, but hopefully it won't get any worse. Even with two broken hips Sage can stand with help of a Tamashii stage, and that's really all he needs to do.

12. Fr33domgundam

If it's the same ones that I saw by chance a little while back, weren't those Warlord prototypes JUST the armor in the sitting-statue-thing? I don't think I ever saw any of the actual figure; it was just Shuten/Anubis' armor of Cruelty sitting there.

Absolute 200% agreed on this. That was my BIGGEST gripe about the Kento figure. Not having the big wide grin just felt wrong.

13. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

I'd really like to see some new version of this line come out. Really loved the show back in the day. Had a lot of fun with a few of the old playmates figures too. It be awesome for them to market a line in the US like the dragon stars line.

14. Theonlycyclonus

Theonlycyclonus Find,kill,cleanse

News Credits:
    Has anyone bought the knock-off lutoys of torrent shin? curious to know about quality.

15. Fr33domgundam

Saw on Facebook that some KO company is releasing Red Torrent...
    Also saw that they used the Photoshop/digibash that I created and posted here many years ago...

[​IMG]

16. Theonlycyclonus

Theonlycyclonus Find,kill,cleanse

News Credits:
    Unfortunately it’s not released on China model toys yet

17. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So where does one look for the KOs? I'd like to at least have Ryo but the official version is fairly expensive & prone to breaking from what I hear...

18. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So cool! Thanks for the info. I hope we get it over here.

20. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits: