RONIN WARRIORS!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, May 13, 2009.

1. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

Hi Guys! I came up with a joint repair solution for your already messed up joint. this is not a permanent fix, but a fix so that you can display your figure again until someone comes out with a better replacement joint than the ones available now. check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZCayAAysMY

2. roninfan

roninfan Well-Known Member

Man, it's been so long since we've had any activity here. What happened? Where did you guys go? If only we would hear news of a new release, it sure would bring life back to this thread... :cry 

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, there's just nothing to talk about.

4. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    This makes me sad. Where da warlords at?!?!??! WHERE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :cry 

5. R Muzzy

R Muzzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm giving it until the next Tamashii Nations show (Not this weekends, but the next after it). If we still haven't heard news of the Warlords by then, I'm going to pack it in and probably just sell my complete collection. The risk of the hips breaking for the high costs of this collection is not worth it to me if it's not complete. I'd rather just sell them all for their current going rates on the secondary market and use that money towards other parts of my collection.

6. roninfan

Okay, so when is the next Tamashii Nations show now that we know this past one was a dud?

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Has anyone here on the boards tried this guy yet? Armor Plus Samurai Troopers Thigh Joint Repair | eBay

I'd really like to get my Sage's joints fixed. His are the only ones that need to be fixed and I'm thinking of changing up the display of my figures all armored up.

8. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

I dunno.
    It's been ~5 years since the start of the line, and ~1.5 years since we've gotten Kendo/Shuu (I don't really count Black Inferno Mukala). I'm not holding my breath for Warlords or Kayura. Don't get me wrong; I'll be the first to line to up buy them if Bandai pleasantly surprises me, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I for one have been very happy with what we've gotten; I'd have never thought to ever be able to get a nice set of Ronin Warriors, and it doubles out that my wife is a HUGE fan as well. I'm glad we got the main 5 + Inferno, and at the very least, that's the minimum subset that I believe we absolutely needed. Warlords and Kayura would be nice, but I'm definitely not reserving any shelf-space for them at this point in time.

7 figures bought (2009 Wildfire, the other 4, 1st release Inferno, and Mukala), and only 1 broken hip-joint so far (haven't opened Mukala yet).

9. roninfan

Check out my post on the previous page (#1818)... :) 

10. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Sooooo, I have to send my broken joints to the seller?

11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    My brother is selling his collection. The reason being he doesn't feel they're going to do the Warlords.

You can find what he has at the below link (he sold his Kento & Sage already but has the other heroes up).
    general_summit | eBay

Randy

12. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

We got the new tamashii effect parts lightning that would go great with seijiand wind, on the card it says green version so I am assuming there is a blue version. That would go great with touma

Or wind green could work for reppu no jun.. Snicker snicker..Probably only the hard core YST fans got that joke.

13. Fr33domgundam

I gotta say, it's unfortunate that people are selling their sets because there hasn't been any announcement of the Warlords.

Personally, I feel that even if we don't get the Warlords/Talpa/Kayura, we still ended up with a full set of the main 5 plus Inferno. Even Mukala is an extra bonus. Whether or not we get any additional figures at this point doesn't change the fact that we got a kick-ass set of the heroes.

Then again, we all touch upon various aspects of toy collecting, so I totally understand the whole "all-or-nothing" completionist thing as well...

14. roninfan

Got any pictures? Where did you find out about those? Are they up for pre-order yet? Oh, and yes I got the joke... :) 

15. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

Cloud could go with touma too
    Not sure about pre order, but

Hope they do a water effect, one that looks like the shinku ha, can't wait to complete my effects set!

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]

16. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

17. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

18. roninfan

Happy New Year everyone!

You know, I have this little gut feeling that 2015 will be the year of the Dark Warlords...

19. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I hope so. I would LOVE to see Talpa!

20. Fr33domgundam

I'm still not too hopeful for the Warlords, Kayura or Talpa, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Anyhow, I was cleaning up and putting away my on-display toys in preparation for a move later this year, and bad news with my Ronin Troopers.

2009 Wildfire/Rekka: both hip joints still intact
    1st release Inferno/Kikoutei: same left busted hip that I had previously reported (years ago)
    Strata/Tenkuu: both hip joints still intact
    Halo/Kourin: both hip joints now busted!!
    Torrent/Suikou: both hip joints still intact
    Hardrock/Kongou: both hip joints now busted!!
    Black Inferno/Kuroi Kikoutei: still MISB, so I haven't checked him out yet...

None of the figures have been touched in my display case since summer 2013, and back then, the only broken hip was the single one on Inferno...