RONIN WARRIORS!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, May 13, 2009.

1. Minimus Prime

Minimus Prime Active Member

Yeah, I'm always a little apprehensive when it comes to ordering from sites I've never heard of before, but my experience was great. I got the figure 2 days after I ordered it, and it was well packaged. I would definitely by from Nin-Nin again.

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
  3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    ^Just saw that....as much as I like the series, the OVAs are terrible. I care not for this.

4. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, wasn't a fan neither. I found them too boring. Why were the designs changed in them anyway?

5. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

My guess, better funding? OVA's or straight to video in those days where considered to be more profitable. This is the 90's the hay day of OVA for japanese anime. For some reason the japanese where eating it up. Another thing to note is that japan has a rental system, they make more money renting than they do selling retail. That is why blurays and other video/video game media are so expensive.(I know Weird right? cause when Americans think about straight to video we think c movies)
    More demand, means more funding = better production quality. That and YST was airing in 1988, the OVAs where produced in like 91'. 3 years is a big difference from a technological standpoint.

6. Sciencefriction

Sciencefriction Well-Known Member

You know what's interesting? I think this is the most active Ronin Warriors toy collecting "community" can find. Whether the OVAs are good or not, the fact that we're getting a figure from one and we're sitting here talking about them is really cool. We need a proper remaster of all RW/YST media.

7. Darksting

Darksting Member

I collect all 6 armors. They all look fantastic...

This is what gets me mad about the figures. Their hip cracks way to easy. I had to replace 2 of my RW legs(Inferno and saga) with another extra RW figures, that I was planing to keep moc.

This is what I did to keep the legs from cracking or getting loose. Removed all the legs armor. I never had any problem with saint seiya figurs.

I just hope in the near future Bandai toys re-release these figures with better hip joints.

Sad day for the RWs toy collectors.

Edit: Both Kento hips is about to crack. That's 3 warriors now.

If anyone wants to contact Bandai toys about this problem feel free to do so. http://www.bandai.com/support/contact.php

8. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

I just sent an email. It went like this.

Hi, I've bought 14 yoroiden samurai troopers figures from premium bandai and have noticed that the hips have a manufacturing defect. They are two pieces, very thin and easy to break. I have already broken 5 pairs or 10 joints. I have confirmed this defect with other collectors on different message boards and would appreciate it if you passed this along to tamashii nations. As these figures are expensive at 9000 yen.
    https://m.facebook.com/pages/YOROID...AMURAI-TROOPERS-ARMOR-PLUS-BANDAI/88830959850

Also, new pics at akiba showroom. I don't like the white they used for his face protector. They should have used a metallic color like the chrome they used for ryo/seiji's swords.

9. Darksting

Darksting Member

Good job. =)

Exactly they're not cheap at all. I spend nearly $1k on this line.
    I'm putting my warriors away. I don't want to risk anymore broken hips.

I am on E-Bay looking for a new Ryo so I can switch his legs with my Kento legs.

I encourage everyone that is experience the same problem to file a complaint. So we can have better quality figures.

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What the heck are those the characters with the armorscthat turn into animals???

11. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

I find that buying stage act stands vol 4 and vol 5 greatly reduces stress on the hip joints since not all the weight is on the joints when using the stand, also I am not tempted as much to play with them. Also I find that most breaks occur when trying to rotate the thigh part attached to the hip joint. If you use too much pressure trying to rotate the thigh. For example Putting your hand on the foot and rotating the thigh. You should always rotate near the joint you are articulating. I forget this at times. I recommend taking off your figures leg and libricating the joint with vasseline. Also, put water in the microwave for a minute, put the thigh in the water for a few seconds so that the thigh becomes flexible enough to remove the hip joint ( you can remove the knee joint) remove the hip joint dry the thigh and put vasseline in the thigh/hip joint connection.
    Also even 2 foot drops will weaken the joint! I noticed the joint being very loose after a drop and noticed a not very noticeable hairline crack.
    I noticed the newer figures have been prelubricated with some sort of lubricant on the hip joints which is probably to prevent cracks.

WARNING the above suggestion is not for the faint of heart. I have successfully lubricated the hip joint with a cotton tip with removing the hip joint as well.

12. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Huh? What pictures are you looking at? I'm looking for some better/more pictures from the showroom (of various lines), so if you have some, please share :)  I'd love to see these figures you mentioned.

I'll echo JP's suggestion. Spend the few extra dollars to get a Stage 5 stand for each figure. Eases the stress on the joints and allows for more dynamic posing.

13. Sciencefriction

Sciencefriction Well-Known Member

I always use stands with "collector" figures. I understand the frustration, but collector figures are more fragile in general than what we're used to in America. Hasbro and Mattel make toys that are pretty much bomb proof, lol. Tamashii Nations figures are much more delicate, and the amount of armor being diecast.. well one thing leads to another. The joints should be stronger, but it's just reality. Use a stand to take the majority of weight off off the lower body joints and you should be fine. Also, like JP said be careful where you apply pressure when working joints. I can tell you right now that Bandai isn't going to change things. A few foreigners having trouble is nothing to them.

14. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

15. Darksting

Darksting Member

16. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Minimus Prime

Minimus Prime Active Member

I definitely think Bandai should do something about the hips on these figures, as it's clearly a quality control issue, but I'm not selling mine. I've replaced Sage's (the one that seems to be plagued with the hip issue the most) with a different set and now I don't have any issues with any of mine. Hopefully, I won't have any issues in the future, but I think with the Tamashii stands helping relieve stress, they should be fine.

18. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Got White Inferno in yesterday. He's neat and all, I've just never been big on the white armor. He needs Black Blaze dang it!
    He does make me very excited for Black Inferno though.

19. KamiAmaya

KamiAmaya Tallgeese fangirl!

Ebay:
    I didn't have any broken ones, but I did the same thing as far as selling the ones I had. I would have loved to have the full set and any future releases, but at their price I didn't want to risk any breaks.

20. jp554731

jp554731 Active Member

I caved in, was waiting for a special offer from cd japan when stock went from 6 to 3 in 1 day.
    Now there is only 1 as I preordered 2.

Guess this one is a popular figure. This is good news as we might see the warlords and kokuenoh get a release. That would be cool if kokuenoh gets a combo release with byakuen. Wouldn't mind an sf figuarts naste' yagyu and Jin yamano in that set complete with the ancient one's staff and jewl of life.