RONIN WARRIORS!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, May 13, 2009.

1. roninfan

roninfan Well-Known Member

2. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Looks to have a metallic sheen to it. I already own the first version, but this looks better in my opinion....bought! XD

3. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

Non-photoshopped pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I... I don't see anything different...

5. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me nether. :(  why not make him the black one if you are going to repaint him.

6. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing anything different either. Do we know the closing date of the new Inferno? Still debating.

7. roninfan

Aside from the obvious sword improvements, the only other change I see is that the face mask is a little darker. I wonder if this Inferno comes with the third smile head like the first one did...

8. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Finally got my new display cases set up, so I finally got around to changing the poses to my Ronins:

Went from this
    [​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]

9. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow, very nice man.

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    So.....

No Black Blaze eh? I mean...jeeze, he's only the carrier of the inferno armor's Swords. :p 

11. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

Another recent photo:

[​IMG]

12. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Man, I see almost no difference :( 

13. soybean56

I don't have Inferno, but that pictures makes the new version look a little shinier in a creamy white sort of way. Was the original more flat white than this, or is just the lighting in the pictures tricking me?

14. KamiAmaya

KamiAmaya Tallgeese fangirl!

Ebay:
    Question to anyone, there's two releases of the Wildfire Ryo right? What's the difference, and which does one recommend?
    I'm currently missing both Ryos (Wildfire & Inferno) cause I came late to the party :eek:  And now I have to figure out which Inferno I want too...

15. roninfan

I have the 2nd "power up" version, so it's the one I recommend. The main difference is the re-issue has a slightly brighter red color to it. I've heard that the forearm pieces are metal on the original, but mine are plastic. Also, they seemed to have fixed the kneepad issue that was reported with the first figure. If you get the 2nd version, know that you might have to glue the horns on the helmet in place, as I had to on both of mine. Here are some comparison pictures for you:

Ryo 2009 vs. 2011

As far as the Inferno goes, I can't compare the new version to the original as I haven't seen it in person yet, but I think you will have a better chance at getting the new version price-wise compared to the original. The only real improvement I see is the extra detail on the Fervor Swords, but we will have to wait until it is actually released to see if there any quality improvements or changes.

And as I've said before, I strongly urge anyone who wants the Dark Warlords to get this new Inferno as I'm 100% convinced this new Inferno's sales will determine if the villians get Armor Plus treatment...

16. soybean56

Roninfan pretty much summed it up. I have the first Ryo release (darker red), and the forearm pieces are indeed metal on that one. Kind of a detriment though because it's quite a bit of weight on his arm joints if you have his arms extended. I'm not sure about a problem with the kneepads that Roninfan mentioned though.

The original Ryo fits in just fine with the other four, if that's a concern.

If you want a Ryo, either will work. The original may be cheaper because it was a mass market release (not a Tamashii Web exclusive), and it may be viewed as a "black sheep" because it's box and instructions are different than the other four.

17. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Wow that looks soooooo much better. I know most don't see much of a difference, but the paint here is waaaaaaay better.

18. KamiAmaya

KamiAmaya Tallgeese fangirl!

Ebay:
    Ahhhh, thanks very much to both of you for the info :) 
    I think I'll eventually pick up the second release sometime after I'm done moving. I think I like its color better, and the fact the box is similar to the others.

(and btw, packing action figures/gundams/etc back in to their boxes to move is really depressing. Well it was, until Figma Black Lotus nearly poked me to death xD)

19. roninfan

And yet Rowen, Sage, and even Cye have metal forearm pieces. Kento's is also plastic, probably because of the inside-arm pieces. I can't remember off the top of my head if the Inferno's is plastic, and I'm not digging into the cases right now. It just seems strange to me they would change Ryo's arm pieces to plastic for the 2nd figure when three others have metal ones...

I seem to recall people saying the original Ryo's kneepads kept falling off without warning, but I haven't had that problem with my Ryo's.

20. soybean56

Oh, really? Could've sworn the forearm pieces on everyone else were plastic. Huh, I'll have to check tonight.