Ron Perlman to voice Optimus Primal in Rise of the Beasts

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

Wait, what? I didn't know that. Who was he in the movie!? I found it on IMDB, but I can't remember seeing his character. Was he just in the background or something?

2. DoctorAlgy

DoctorAlgy all your Primes are belong to us

Ron has the voice presence. If they had to look for a big name to accommodate the mega blockbuster, it's Ron, who is practically a voice megastar. Which is why he was chosen. We're all disappointed in no Gary but the next best thing is definitely him, which is welcome.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mugenlazlo

Mugenlazlo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SLADE!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Luke Hostad

Luke Hostad Well-Known Member

Do like Ron Perlman, he speaks so highly of voice actors so it\'s nice to see they\'ve hired a well known actor who appreciates stuff like this. Mr Fallout too!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I saw the lack of Garry Chalk coming, and am still disappointed. I had no idea that he voiced Slade in Teen Titans, but I find it weird that the day after I was remembering both Slade in Teen Titans and Pearlman's work in The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction I find news that he's now in this movie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soundwave338

Soundwave338 Content Creator & Masterpiece Addict

I get the star-power logic, it just sucks for Chalk if he did want to be involved.  I can\'t imagine what it would be like to be the OG voice actor and be passed up for a bigger name...I guess it happens more than we realize but IDK...I\'d feel bad if Chalk was sidelined.

I think Perlman will do a good job, provided the direction is solid, and can make a memorable live-action version of Primal.

It\'d be nice to give Chalk a cameo, that would be cool to see.

IF they actually do BW Megs in the movie, I would be less likely to get excited about them casting any other VA but Kaye.  I just fail to see how anybody else could do that character.

It\'s already been said that characters outlive the VAs so recasting is to be expected, but for me...I think it\'s nice to have the OGs do the voices while they can.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Shit.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

Hmmm.... if the filmmakers are really such huge Beast Wars (show) fans as they claim to be, I would have expected them to go with Gary Chalk. A little disappointed, although Perlman really isn't a bad choice either. But I definitely would have preferred him as Scourge (the new truck version) and Chalk as Primal.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

I like Perlman and if it can't be Cullen I like this choice.

Sadly I have less than zero interest in this movie whatsoever.

10. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

Look at what I have written underneath my username. Now let me say, FUCK THIS CASTING! Nothing against Ron Pearlman, he's great, but he's not Optimus Primal. Of course the G1 fans get Cullen, but the Beast Wars fans can't even get Garry Chalk.

You know, I was actually thinking, as boring as a nostalgia-fueled Transformer movie sounds, I was looking forwards to hearing Cullen and Chalk play off of each other. Beast Wars meets G1, with an actual budget, does have some appeal, but of course they can't commit to it. "Optimus Prime is sooo G1, and so are all the Autobots and of course we got Cullen, and now we've got Beast Wars, with characters taken straight from that show, as well as G1. Oh, but we're not using Chalk. We are using Cullen, but not Chalk." That's the problem with all this nostalgia pandering. They never fully commit to it and they just create expectations for things to be a certain way, only to disappoint when they don't actually do it.

I'll remember, when they try selling this film on nostalgia, I'll remember that they can't even commit to the original voice for Primal. After this stunt, if they want my money, they had better have something more to offer than just noncommittal nostalgia pandering.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Everyone: Slade!

Me: Clayface. ',:}

• Like Like x 8
  12. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 279 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    EF4D1211-E73F-4DC8-8489-7110A52CD0DC.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I can clearly see that you don’t care. Because Cullen is still in the movie. Pearlman is replacing Garry Chalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus Please, do tell me how much I hate things

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wrong Optimus man.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

This post right here is a prime example of why I will never, ever take whiny takes on this forum seriously.

You can't even be bothered to read 10 words before you state an uninformed opinion and then feel the need to let everyone know you have no interest in the movie :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  16. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I think the problem is that voice acting in new series like wfc is so awful that it makes people nervous when they get new actors to play characters even if they're good.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I'm so disappointed with this news. I wanted Garry Chalk.

• Like Like x 3
  18. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I know that it's not going to happen in this movie, but I really want to see Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime interact with Garry Chalk's Optimus Primal somehow. It didn't happen in Beast Machines, it didn't happen in Power of the Primes, and it's not going to happen in Rise of the Beasts, but it should still happen someday.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I get why people are scared but if beast wars was voiced in LA and not Vancouver. Pearlman would have probably played Primal in the original cartoon too. He’s an established voice actor. He’s in that rare group of Film actor and Voice actor. Kinda like Mark Hamil.

• Like Like x 2
  20. lenimusprime

lenimusprime Well-Known Member

That\'s a huge bummer that Garry isn\'t reprising his role but, hey fans got the people who did the Sonic movie to redesign the characters, maybe we can get guys on this movie to recast Perlman, not that dislike Ron, he\'s a great actor/voice actor. I would just really  like to see Garry take another crack at Primal.