Rom vs Transformers Shining Armour, Issue 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Aug 23, 2017.

1. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Another great issue. Stardrive is a unique voice and the set up of Transformers in context feels fresh as fck.

This isn't our Ultra Magnus is it? All the quasi Con stuff about organics? Wouldn't be surprised if this 'instance' is dead now. Maybe Stardrive will end up being the next one, who knows? Can't remember how far in the past this is.

When I saw Blast Off in the titles I thought this might be some kind of origins story for the Con but, um, maybe not!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Mods, I forgot to put issue 2 in the title, can you add it??

3. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    Definitely not our Ultra Magnus. This one seems to care less about details.

That Cybertronian/Dire Wraith hybrid looks incredibly cool.

4. rlmiddleton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This issue made me realise how much I would love an ongoing space opera series with a cast of only one or two main Cybertronians having adventures in the wider universe with other alien species. A solid adventure and exploration series. LL is too bound up in it's own mythology to be this even if it wanted to be (which I don't think it does anyway). But it would be sooooooo fun.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    #NotMyUltraMagnus

Seriously, I enjoyed this issue. Milne draws a really cute Bee(he's got little droopy horns!) Can't fault Milne at all.

I guess my only complaint was how jarring Magnus was. Obviously, it's not Minimus in the suit, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the set up for Minimus taking up the title, but it was his dislike of organics that really made me blink. That's an interesting mindset to have, especially for an autobot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoboKitty

BoboKitty One Who Lurks

Tumblr:
    I'm not one for issue long scuffles, but this was really fun to read! It was one giant clusterfuck with everybody shooting everyone and having no idea what was really going on. Also, that hybrid; what an awesome design!

Milne's art is just so lovely~

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I haven't read this issue, but this portrayal doesn't surprise me at all. Remember, the Autobot's justification for defending organic species during the Great War was little more than wanting to take the opposite side as Megatron. It wasn't necessarily indicative of the morality of every individual Autobot - many were probably apathetic at best towards the plight of the organics. I'm willing to bet there were some outright xenophobic bots in their ranks, too.

8. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

Haha, absolutely.

Once again I really liked this issue. It was fun, wild, and with a lot of confusion between characters. Also I thought it was kind of adorable that Starscream referred to his fellow decepticons as "my boys".

9. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Fantastic issue. Agreed that it's definitely not Minimus in the armor. This guy seems much more gung-ho and far less detail orientated.

Milne's art, as always, is just fantastic. He took the action to a whole other level with his insane talent.

Stardrive is also a triplechanger. I love that.

10. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, definitely not Minimus. Minimus wasn't this much of an ass, plus that last page implied he's dead, although we can't see his hand activating the recall button.

Stardrive being a triple-changer tho, or at least a flying car, that's neat.

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Same.

12. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Guys, Magnus isn't dead. One blast from Rom isn't enough to kill whoever is in the armor.

13. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Called it, the Ultra Magnus in this story is not Minimus Ambus, no way. For all we know the identity of Ultra Magnus could have suffered millions of "accidents" over the course of the war, and two centuries was simply the longest anyone ever got to hold the title.

14. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Once more concerning Magnus being Minimus or not:

If the Magnus armor had been around for only a million years, and assuming 200 years as an average rather than a maximum, that would imply no less than 5000 loadbearers taking up the mantle. That being over the course of a period in Cybertronian history marked by limited growth of the species, and apparently a significant portion of that growth being Constructed Cold (which can't produce loadbearers).

So either Minimus went through some drastic shift in personality (Tyrest's line about having to prioritize what rules were important during the war comes to mind; or maybe even something in this story will trigger a change in him), there's something up with Ratchet's claim about the relative length of Minimus' tenure (e.g. him or our interpretation of what he said being wrong), or Tyrest was churning through several thousand of a particularly rare kind of bot to keep the legend alive.

15. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Keep in mind that Ratchet only said Minimus was the Magnus he'd known the longest--that doesn't necessarily mean he's the longest-serving Magnus, only that Ratchet may not have interacted as much with those before him.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I gotta say, I wouldn't object to Milne working on the main ROM comic. His art is fantastic and really conveys the personality of the characters.

17. Flashformers

Flashformers Will draw for Grand Galvatron

If the Magnus of the modern era is Minimus, but this Magnus isn't, then how old is Bumblebee?

18. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Well, Bunmblebee was born before the war and worked as a courier(TF annual) so he's millions of years old. Just like the other characters.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

"They're organics! They barely count as life, anyway!"

...is going to be my new favorite TF quote.

• Like Like x 6
  20. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Sixshot could work. Countdown would have worked. If he weren't, you know ... dead. Smokescreen could work too, as a traveling gambler/conman.

• Like Like x 2