Roll Call (Pun-3X's Comic thread)

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Pun-3X, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

See, I knew you liked me. :) 

Thank you for the reiteration. And yes....I need to do more updates. :( 

Well, for them, I decided to go the simple route. If they're from "Beast Wars," then they're part of that group. Totally agree that some can work on the other side of things (and I actually have a couple of 'faction-switch' characters I haven't shown yet). But this keeps it neater.

I took the symbol off. Mainly, the Tarantulas repaint is horrid, and the TM2 BA is....big. And very backpack-heavy. This one just fit better. I really wanted to paint her purple elements in gold to make her more BW style, but I never got around to it and then decided to feature her anyway.

For me, she's not such a bad fit. One of the few in Animated, I think. Don't know how it is for everyone else though...

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Hmm. Well then, what's her excuse? lol, is she a Transmetal? I don't see no third mode on her... and if not where's her meat parts!?

3. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I used TFA-BA as the basis for my Nightbird custom. Given the looks of some of the BW toys I think just saying 'she's a robot with a false organic altmode' could easily apply

But then, I'm not Pun, who knows his reasons and thoughts^^

4. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    She is a Trans-organic (not quite as integrated as a techno-organic) no?

5. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, she does have a bit of both. So you can have the concept of mixed organic or synth-organic mixed into everything, or at least as an outer layer in certain areas if you really wanted to. So no, not Transmetal (or TM2) and not BM Technorganic, but still with some synth properties to make her fit in.

But my answer's a cop-out. I just like the toy better. :) 

6. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Yo Pun, how about an overview of the shelf/room/house/whatever.

I know I'm thinking too much into it like with the previous military units question, but hell, why not.

In the Army we have different sections of business, or "shops". S-1, S-2, S-3, and so on. S-1 is Administration/Personnel, S-2 Intelligence/Security, S-3 Operations, S-4 Logistics, yada yada yada. We also have medical units and whatnot. But I'm just curious.

I know we saw Metroplex being used as an outpost, Bumblebee and some others working with computers, I remember seeing Omega Supreme and some other spaceship themed bots on a lower shelf, one of the higher shelves had Catilla and some others with intel computers I guess. Are there other outposts? Can you show us a better/detailed view of the shelf and explain which areas are for what?

On the other side we saw Megatron in a shelf "room" with his generals. <=o

7. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Here's another comic I'm way behind on. Gotta go back and catch up on the storyline.

Edit: Done! So Megatron's showing just why he's in charge, still, since he's apparently tougher than the Predacons put together. Speaking of the Predacons, I expected them to put up a better fight, given their reputation. I was amused at Headstrong's complaint about the eyeball shot. :lol 

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  8. kiienkYan

kiienkYan Well-Known Member

when is the next episode? i'm waiting too long.. :D 

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Oh, all right, an update...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for a house/shelf overview? I'll likely be putting something like that together...but I'll be moving soon. Probably by the end of the year. The comic will finish this arch and a new story will start at the new place. At that point, I'll probably have a good idea of what shelves serve what function (beyond a place to stay). But I have to wait until it's all put together at the new place. :) 

I kinda started something like that in the first chapter. Prime is called to one of the shelves for whatever reason. So I'll likely have designations and purposes in place. Right now, since I ended up kinda letting all that go, I won't get back into it until the next story.

10. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Yay! More Roll Call! :D 

11. halconfenix

halconfenix burning the wallet

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    :lol  heavy

damn megs is too much of a powerhouse

12. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Megs: AGAIN with the face? Why the face? Why always the face?! Evil ruthless robotic dictators need to feel pretty too, you know! Do you have any idea how much time at the spa is going to be needed just to buff out the scorch marks!?

... Seriously, though, I'm starting to worry about this. The Gundams are successfully rescuing what looks like ONE injured trooper. In exchange, they've sacrificed one Commander-class bot, and from the looks of things, are about to have a General go through the grinder.

NOT a good tradeoff.

Granted, they have the side benefit of Hawk's group roflstomping some of the Decepticons' heavies, but that hardly outweighs their losses.

And where the hell is Supreme Venture!? He's probably the only Gundam who carries enough firepower to punch through Megatron's armor, and if there was EVER an opportunity to get all 4 shots off, it's now.

13. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Twitch and Twitter Personality: Popcornmouth

Man this is epic!!!

14. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Wow. Well, I've been gone a long while. Besides a bit of burnout, some real life stuff has been keeping me somewhat preoccupied. Not anything major or health-related...just stuff that had me focused a whole lot more on reality. Things have cleared up a bit--or so it feels like--and it feels like there's breathing room again.

First (okay, really, this is "second" isn't it?) Happy New Year to you all! :)  I've been trying to keep tabs on some of my favorites in here, and likely have some catch-up work on others. But it's been great keeping up with everyone's work. Nice seeing new pieces as well as some old ones still kicking!

I've also found a home for the comic--over at Drunk Duck. In fact, I finally uploaded the whole comic so far. Including....some updates! :D 

Also, I wanted to say (to those few still likely to read and keep up with this comic) that I'm REALLY sorry for stepping out for so long. :(  I mean, not even an update from me in this thread post-wise. I looked at it just after Thanksgiving and hadn't realized there'd been no posts since the end of August! And then I really didn't want to say anything unless I had a comic to come with...and I hadn't been working on anything new (even though I had tons of shots).

Well, I have no intentions of letting this story go away. I have plans on finishing, and ones for new stories after. And looking forward to that new stuff is giving me some new drive (plus real life "lifting" quite a bit recently). I can't promise a schedule. I keep doing that and failing. But I will update.

Starting now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feel free to take a look. :) 

Roll Call on The Duck

15. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Nice flying by Fluttershine there!

16. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    Great update! But, that didn't look like Nightstick connected to Cyclonus?

17. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Welcome back, you didn't miss a beat. :) 

18. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

So glad to see you back, Pun! I was just wondering about you yesterday and hoping that we didn't lose another comic here.

That electric blast on Cyclonus looks pretty devastating (and awesome too), so I'm surprised it didn't take him down for more than a few moments. I noticed he had a different weapon too, where's Nightstick?

19. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

AWE & SOME! Yours is one of the most anxiously awaited stories for updates, don't worry that you've lost any readers, lol. Super long hiatuses are not a problem at all, even tho we all may poke fun at each other sometimes because our favorites often DO go long spans with out updates. I think it just makes it that much more satisfying when you do check the forums and see that there IS an update from one of your favs!

:popcorn 

20. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

Am I the only one who thinks that Roll Call On The Duck would make an awesome name for a band?

Also, welcome back dude. Don't even sweat the time between updates, a comic this good is always worth waiting for. Interesting to see Cyclonus sans Nightstick. Was that an aesthetic choice or did other factors lead to that change?