Rockman/Megaman ZX

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

-I havent found Zero 4 yet.
    - Im in need of a Ps2 and a gamecube hence havent played x7 and x8 and comand mission

-X6 was the one that started the whole willy is alive debacle if you ask me.

2. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Heh it would be badass if Wily returned in this game as a brain in a jar. (though Weil's origin is explained in Z4 and he's not Wily.)

And is it me or does Zero's transformation simply involve nothing more than taking his pants off?

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

That's also covered in the two arcade games :) 
    Taking off his pants and putting on a mask. Hmm. Sounds a bit perverted. All the other characters seem to have their pants unbuttoned and poised to drop too. :peoples: 

4. Wing alpha

DAMN I wanted him to be willys head in jar-and Im curios wether if Willy is alive, in reploid/virus/hologramic form-ala doc ligth I mean x6 left something interesting that I have yet to see explained...that weird reploid that looked like willy and talked of zero as his creation and in the end seemed as if he had nothing there it was just an empty shell....kinda like the descriptions from megaman Xtreme.

....and for some reason yes it seems you are rigth about the pants thing...

5. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    You know, I personally don't put much value in Keiji Inafune's "vision" of the MegaMan X series. Especially not after how he knowingly sabotagued the release of the Megaman X Anniversary Collection in order to make his remakes of the earlier X games look more desireable.

6. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

Welll.......do you at least have a link that says that?

7. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

The PSP Only Megaman X remake, is actually more of a retooling than a remake. Same goes for Megaman Powered Up.

I didn't save any links, just saw it on a MM site.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    regardless of whatever megaman site said otherwise, capcom has said absolutely nothing about a sequel to to command mission. its just fan speculation.

if you go by the Rockman X mangas, Wily has already been seen in the X series. as Serges in X2.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Have any of you guys seen the official ZX page yet? Not much too it at the moment but there is a couple extra pics. http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman_zx/

Interesting looking buildings huh?

10. Wing alpha

there are X mangas?

WHERE CAN I GET THEM?

and Also Im intriged.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yes, there are X Mangas. They're done by Iwamoto Yoshihiro.

They are not available in the US, and no manga "scanlation" groups have picked them up yet.

theres manga for every Rockman series, except Dash (Legends).

12. Wing alpha

....DAmn thats all I can say....

there is also a zero...wow....i shall no I MUST track it down...

13. flamepanther

I don't care much for the X manga, and put about as much weight on its story as any other anime/manga/movie based on any other Capcom game: none.

14. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    That's not what I meant.

Keiji Inafune sabotagued the release of Mega Man X Collection, and kept a whole bunch of extras that Capcom intended to put into it from making it into the compilation, just so his new remake/retool project would look more desirable.

15. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

So I've heard; and I don't give a flying wingnut what that guy thinks or does, sure it pisses me off slightly, but I'm getting the MMX Collection so I can play and maybe finally beat MMX-MMX3, the other three titles are just a bonus to me lettin' me play it on one disk without having to pop in another one whenever I'm in the mood for X4-X6.

But seriously; there's no way in hell I'm buying a damn PSP just for remakes/retools of the MMX series with better sound and picture quality, I've always been primarily Nintendo and I blew my budget just getting the DS, so slag to Inafune and his pathetic little power ploy/money grab.

<End Rant Mode>

And if the Mega Man fans keep thinking they're ever going to make a Mega Man 9 to bridge the classic series and the X series then they've got a long wait ahead of'em; Capcom has failed to keep their franchise titles alive for quite some time if you were to ask me, when's the last time you saw a Street Fighter or Marvel Vs. Capcom title?
    Mega Man's death is neigh I'd imagine; once their Battle Network series fails to attract any more new gamers or the XZ series collapses I guarantee all you'll ever see is rehash after rehash.
    Would have been nice if they included Xtreme and Xtreme 2 on the Compilation set too.

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Um, Capcom doesn't have the rights to use the Marvel characters anymore. They lost them not long after MvC2 came out.

17. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

The GB Collection for the GBA is still not out, could be on there but I doubt it.

18. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

The GB collection for the GBA has been on hiatus or whatever for a long time now; do you seriously think they'll release the bloody thing?
    I'd sooner think Capcom might hold off and give us all five original GB titles, plus the GBC Xtreme titles and maybe the first and second Zero titles in a DS cartridge, but that's just wishful thinking because I waited too long and now Zero, Zero 2 and most likely Zero 3 will be impossible to find NEW anywhere.

19. flamepanther

I seriously doubt Keiji himself "sabotaged" the Mega Man X collection, seeing as it's a US and UK product. He's never had any say before in how Rockman gets handled in the US, and he doesn't especially seem to care. Hell, the group that did the original Mega Man anniversary collection sabotaged it badly enough all on their own. Even if he did, which is unlikely, I frankly don't care. I've already got all of the old X games, some of them on multiple platforms, and I won't be buying the collection considering how awful the last one was.

Saying you don't give a shit about his vision is pretty damn ungrateful after he created the entire Rockman/Mega Man franchise... especially when it seems to turn to crap whenever he's not involved in the new games coming out.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Capcom Japan put the X Collection together, and yes, Inafune did have them remove things they promised to include in the collection, because he was worried that it would hinder MHX for the PSP, and it's sequels (they intend to go all the way to 6).