Rock Band ???s

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NotFastEnuff, Jan 3, 2008.

1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh, to each his own I guess. It's just the fact that I can't stand the chorus. Not sure how the words go, but it sounds like, "KETCHUP! KETCHUP!" to me. Oh, and it hurts my strum hand on expert guitar.

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Rock Band is simply scrumptulecent :) 

3. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    yes it is a god among games play it every day and have not gotten tired of it but tired playing it f'in drums and that f'in pedal THANK YOU formaking me limp but i play thru the burn baby the strum problem is easily fixable i fixed mine in about 15 minutes i figured that or 2 months no geetar. and you dont void the warranty by opening it gotta love that. ive bought all the songs so far ( ya im nuerotic wana make sumthin of it) because i like all kinds of music and i might stumble on a gem. like in gh2 i mentioned a song to a guy from gh2 he said well check out this band.
    Coheed and Cambria FYI and loved em immediately got all there albums and then bam on this glorious beast of a rhythm game they got one song on there. so heres me hoping for a C&C pack

4. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    So, does the strum on this thing suck or what? Or do I have a bum guitar? Strumming down feels like I'm going to break it and strumming up doesn't really work. Playing slower songs is fine but playing some of the crazy fast ones is almost impossible, even on easy.

Is there a guitar out there that mixes Rock Bands frets with Guitar Hero's strummer? If so, I want it.

5. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nyko has a guitar coming out soon that works on both GH3 and RB. And it strums like the GH controllers.

I have found that on the Rock Band guitars of you strum down and let your thumb flick off the strum bar it works the best this way. Just pushing it down will cause you problems.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm combining Rock Band and Dance Dance Revolution into one game, called Marching Band. Online play with 4 friends? Pssh. Marching Band lets you play with up to 120 other people. Play all the best College Marching Band songs and formations. Good luck playing expert tuba on 'Script Ohio!'

7. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I will buy a copy if the "Imperial March" is on there :D 

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Done. You'll also be able to buy a John Williams 3-pack 2 weeks after release.

9. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    what better place to ask a rock band question than "Rock Band ???'s"

I know it is well documented how faulty the strum bar is on the first wave of the Special edition...My Guitar SEEMS OK in the slow songs. In the fast repetitive stuff, it misses evry couple of notes. I Called Harmonix to get a replacement to be safe...

My Question...How reliable are the replacement guitars? Are they breaking down just as much? do they seem to have the issue fixed?

10. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What about the Unlockable "Cal vs Stanford" Scenario?

11. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first replacement was just as bad as the one that came out of the box but the second one is working just fine. My guess is all the bad ones are out of circulation by now.

12. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still have my first run guitar because of a simple fix I did. It works better than most of the second run guitars, as well.

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

STILL waiting for EA to send me my goddamn replacement. It's only been 2+ weeks...

14. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, I don't think it skipping the occasional note during a fast repetitive lick is the guitar's fault, but the operator not being able to keep the timing up consistently. Lord knows I always have trouble doing that on every GH game and Rock Band, and my controllers have always worked fine.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I have no idea if I have one of the good guitars or not.

I got my copy the Thursday before New Years...not sure when the new guitars were put in circulation or not.

I don't really seem to have problems with mine. Sometimes it seems I may miss a note I shouldn't have, but I tend to jump back and forth between GH3 and RB at times so I have no idea if it just because adjusting between the two is a bit tricky or if my guitar is bad or what.

I don't want to deal with the replacement thing if I may not have to..espescially since my guitar may be fine.

Any idea how to tell?

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I putting this here because it is a question...

Does anyone else find that trying to hit a lot of notes in a row on the yellow and blue drum pads when doing the fills don't register if you go too fast?

The snare works fine, it can even handle a roll, but I have to alternate between the toms to get any speed out of them on mine.

Is it just my drums?