Robots screentime and cgi in Transformers 2022

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MrBoombastiqueFantastique, May 18, 2021.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reality is normally the opposite.

2. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    When it comes to screentime I think that what will matter in the end will be quality over quantity. The first movie had the least Transformer screentime out of them all, but at the same time it felt like the Transformers were there all the time. Driller in DOTM delivered a big action sequence, but it's not a scene that develops or presents in some meaningful way a character to the audience. Bumblebee vs Barricade was a shorter sequence, but it introduced us to both characters in a memorable way.

3. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

Transformers 2022?

Don't you mean Humans 2022, with guest star Peter Cullen?

• Like Like x 3
  4. gustavo231

gustavo231 Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [QUOTE = "MrBoombastiqueFantastique, post: 19140239, member: 135087"] Eu me pergunto quanto tempo de tela os autobots e decepticons terão neste filme e qual será a aparência do cgi. Eu pensei, por exemplo, que o cgi para Pacific Rim Uprising parecia um pouco inferior ao primeiro, embora tivesse um orçamento menor. E esse diretor, que parece um cara legal, mas não fez um grande filme de gênero antes ou um com um orçamento tão grande, então eu me pergunto como ficará. Travis Knight veio da animação e eu achei que Bumblebee parecia ótimo visualmente, embora ainda não parecesse grande, os filmes da Baía pareciam grandes visualmente. Tipo, Bumblebee ainda parecia meio barato, embora o orçamento fosse o menor. Espero que o filme tenha uma boa história, mas se for bonito é só uma vitória. O que você acha? Os robôs terão mais tempo de tela? O cgi terá uma aparência melhor? Eu não tenho certeza de quanto é um diretor a razão pela qual cg parece ruim ou bom, thkugh Black Panther parecia um videogame e me tirou dele. Eu amo aquele filme, ele simplesmente parece ruim e teve um grande orçamento. [/ QUOTE]

Espero que o tempo dos autobots seja muito maior do que os decepticons, espero que o filme tenha um tempo de 2h10, e que eles gastem mais em brigas do que os autobots conversando entre si ... Que o cgi seja igual ao bumbleebee I gostei muito daquele cgi, mas por favor, diretor mantenha o foco maior nos transformadores, por favor, espero que não desaponte como aquele filme de la puff ... o último knigth

5. MrBoombastiqueFantastique

MrBoombastiqueFantastique Banned

In english doc

6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if this makes a ton of sense, but I'd like to see meaningful robot screentime over lots of robot screentime. Quality over quantity.

In the first movie, you had a sense of where just about any Autobot or Decepticon was at any point in time. It felt like the screenplay was actively considering them in the progression of everything.

One of the issues I had with ROTF and DOTM was just how many shots it felt like they shot things wide and decided after the fact which robots they'd paste in standing behind the humans. Like for example, Dino, I'm pretty sure the only two robot mode shots of him that were absolutely planned in advance were him threatening the terrorists in the beginning, and him roping Hatchet. In any other scene or shot he's in, he could basically be replaced with just about any other Autobot. Ironhide was really the only one that always fared a bit better than the rest of the supporting Autobots in this regard.

AOE fixed this to a large degree with the Autobots. It still felt like some aspects were being decided after the fact, but it was closer to TF1 in that it felt like most scenes of robots, they knew who they were shooting ahead of time.

• Like Like x 3
  7. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    i cared very little for them as characters though

8. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

I wonder about it everyday. I remember reading the interviews of the CGI team and they said what a nightmare those robots were, how many pieces they had. If I'm not wrong only Optimus had 7.000! So, what if they started saving this budget making something more simple!?

Honestly, I'd be happy enough with this level of cgi. It's realistic enough to me. If it'd mean getting a story as good as the ones of videogames, comics, and cartoons (where the robots have a lot of screentime) I wouldn't mind video game graphics. Or just make the movie with cgi models like a video game, so it becomes a hyper realistic animated movie.

And question: what's the problem with Aoe CGI? For what I paid attention it looked as real as the other movies, at least for the robots themselves

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. GrimlockPrime19

Honestly I see this much in Aoe. For sure the robots have more personality there, but everything they said or did was still useless. Most times their paper was only to be comic relief, or just random stuff, nothing really meaningful. It was usually Cade or Optimus who took the decisions and said something serious, and sometimes Hound. But for rest everything said by Hound, Crosshairs and BB (ops he's mute) were useless and had no use in story.

10. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    Lol, Ratchet died and didn't even fix Bee's voice box

• Like Like x 1
  11. GrimlockPrime19

Robots can transport planets and turn into completely different vehicles but the MFs can't fix a mute boi

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    He did. ‘Bee talked at the end of Tf07 (either from gradual repairs from that laser Ratchet shot him with, or close proximity to the Allspark). But someone at Hasbro liked the whole radio-head speak so much we have been stuck with mute ‘Bees for over a decade.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    precisely what im referring to, it's like Ratchet didn't care much from ROTF onwards

14. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    It’s not Ratchet’s fault Hasbro wanted an R2-D2 knockoff.