Robots In Disguise Super Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JukeOutlander, May 16, 2015.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Away with you blasphemer! :stick: 

2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember when Legos tried this crap a few years back? "Kids are too stupid for our sets, so we've simplified our kits down to like four parts that make an entire pirate ship. Price is still the same, though." That almost killed the company.

Legos learned a valuable lesson and realized that kids are as smart as you give them the opportunity to be. Hopefully, Hasbro figures this out in time; hopefully, they doesn't just blame the IP and scuttle it, like Mattel does.

3. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Please tell me I'm not the only one creeped out by this thing's face.

4. Mudslide

Mudslide Sick of exclusives

I'm creeped out by its existence.

5. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    What a huge waste of money.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    $40 for Leader ROTF Optimus, $50 for this piece of garbage.

7. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

How the hell can this thing cost $50 dollars?!? It looks like it's made of cardboard.:puke: :puke: :puke: :banghead:  I predict that these things are going to clog shelves well into the 22nd century.
    I agree with your point, and would like to clarify further. Around 2004 Lego almost went out of business because they diluted the brand. There were too many new themes, some being particularly simplified and unlike what people knew Lego for, as well as pushing existing themes on different demographics. As well, their production system could not keep up with the demand of so many new, and often single use parts, that the company threatened to collapse. Luckily, they caught it in time, and restructured.

However, back to this thing. I think that Hasbro is pushing Transformers in a direction that only looks good on paper, and is unworkable in real life. I just do not understand stuff like this. It alienates both people who dig Transformers, by virtue of being so crappy, and anybody else by virtue of its high price. Also, there is the fact that quite a few people are familiar with, and know what Transformers is about, even if they are not active fans. It almost feels like Hasbro is trying to get away with the minimum that will not alienate consumers, and have stopped caring about the brand and fans of the brand. Or, the refuse to do what is proven out of a perhaps misplaced fear of becoming stale. Another possibility is that kids really have become that stupid, and this is just a symptom of that trend.

Regardless of what the answer is, I hate this thing, both for what it is, and what it represents.

Also, going by the responses so far, no one actually wants to find this.

8. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    People people, calm down, this is clearly meant to scale with Titan Devastator (or those PoS Jakks Pacific SW toys) so I'm sure that just like starscream before him, BB will be hit with some planet key energy and grow giant, so he can go toe to toe with CW (RiD) Devastator!

Except supreme starscream, despite being an upscaled figure with lights and sounds, still had show accuracy, articulation, paint, new details .....

.... Never mind, F this PoS, as much as I hate Jakks Pacific (seriously their QC and penny pinching makes Hasbro look saintly by comparison) at least most of their terrible products are cheap as dirt

And I refuse to pay top dollar to "eat dirt"

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    Not when you are 4. So......i guess this type of opinion really doesnt matter does it.

11. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    It's for ages 6+ though. I wonder how many kids will try to ride this. I wonder if there will be ridiculous lawsuits.

12. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    It doesn't unless you are four years old, or your four year old child wants one even when given ample choices of other 50$ toys

Then I might be more inclined to believe more than a handfull of children actually want these

I don't presume to speak for what the children want, and can only speak for certain to what I as a child enjoyed, to a lesser extent those children I've seen grow up (siblings) enjoyed, and anecdotal evidence provided by years of seeng kids pander to their parents about which toy they want whilst in the toy department, all which run counter to the statement that many kids will actually want these kinds of things, or that parents would spend that much on something that looks that shoddy

13. GoseiWonder

GoseiWonder Only here for the sales threads

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Remember this, Hasbro? This was how you made simplified Transformers for little kids.

And I still own mine, it's that good of a product.

14. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Gauge, I understand how you feel & I agree with much of your opinion. But when I've commented about my concern that Hasbro's stupid/miserly economizations are now invading Combiner Wars, and threatening quality across-the-board (obvious clip-on wheels, ugly-slotted plastic everywhere i.e. Hot Spot's bed, Ultra Magnus' back-side/trailer, & almost everything on Titan Devy) someone always "White-Knights"and states that everything Hasbro's done is fabulous & acceptable & makes perfect economic sense, and that we should understand, agree, be grateful, & quit complaining.

I don't think that I will. This is where Hasbro wants to take things-more $MONEY$ for less quality. My opinion is that Hasbro CAN & SHOULD do BETTER! (Oh, & I like to use BOLD and italics for EMPHASIS when I feel like it, and I'm grateful for the FREEDOM here to do so.) ;)  :D  :lol  :thumb 

15. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I think it's really cool. :) 

16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The dad in me is looking at this with an open mind.

YES. Your average kid might get this and like it.

But to me..this is the 201X equivelant to the 80's "my buddy" doll.

for me..as a kid..transformers were about robots fighting and the story around that. Good guys..bad guys..blow shit up.

With this..you have no bad guys..it becomes its own stand alone toy. FORGET THE QUALITY for a minute...what do you play with this with?

it was in the original song..the original show..good guys VS bad guys...why do they keep making these single big toys that dont move off the shelves?

My son would have liked this when he was 3. Now he's 7...I can tell you his 1st words when he sees this in the store will be "did they make a bad guy for him to fight?"

Now if they did that...COOL! but they didnt.

They just dont get the logic that my kid sees.

17. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EPIC QFTW.

This needs to be read by the Hasbro maketing and design team about 1000 times until it finally sinks into their brains.

It's as if they have marketing and design bi-polar disorder. They put out leader Jetfire and by all known measures it is cheaply made to the point of really asking how they can justify it's placement on retail shelves.

Then we get leader Megatrons with solid construction and virtually zero hollow parts. Then they go and extensively remold leader Jetfire into the other seekers but instead of at the very least filling in those horrific hollow exposed ratchet joints they just leave them for the eyesores they are. But hey at least Starscream will have a crown.

Then we get Ultra Magnus. They just cannot focus on creating a steady stream of quality figures even within the Generations line.

RID 2015 is a quality joke.

Titans are a joke in quality, construction, and design. Even the craptacular "transforming" ones they are going to put out.

Same for 1-2-3 step changers. Junk.

And the quality just continues to drop. Even generations is starting to suffer. Titan Devestator was not even designed with the craptacular clip on wheels Hasbro cheapened to. They just designed the bodies with extruded nubs of plastic and slapped so called wheels around them. The green nubs extruding from the inside out of the black wheels are a complete eyesore. And they want to charge $150 bucks for this thing. I mean really, would it have killed them to spend maybe a couple of bucks to give us actual metal pin wheels for this 150 bucks they are asking for? Ugh.

18. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

A pre-schooler brought this to school for Show & Tell, and I loved it, I wanted one myself. Rescue Roy is a child's TF done right!

19. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh stop defending crappy ass cheaply built and painted figures under the guise of but it's meant for kids. Ugh facepalm. Crap is crap and being a 4 year old kid out there does not excuse it.

20. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

Yes, I agree. It's simple, but satisfying to transform, looks good in vehicle and robot mode, and he even has decent articulation.

Although, some of you guys have been saying that a 4 year old would like this figure, but I'd wager differently. I first became aware of Transformers in 2001, when I was 5, and my first Transformers were the Railbots. To me, at the time, my mind was absolutely blown by the fact that they were both robots and trains. The transformation was the coolest thing about them. Huh, so people like Transformers because they transform? Surely you must be joking.:p