Robots in Disguise English-language cast list

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jalaguy, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Just a rumor.

2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
  3. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I think it is fair to say that when people envisioned an Optimus and Megatron free series, their ideals were not a bunch of Pokemon villain-of-the-week Decepticons and the Autobots led by a Bumblebee trying really hard to be Hot Shot for no apparent reason. Frankly I'd much rather see Optimus and Megatron as at least they make sense and are interesting, even though they are beyond played out. Trust me when I say Bumblebee is even more played out at this point, especially when there is nothing remotely Bumblebee about him.

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
  5. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

A male Airazor, eh? I remember that name replacing 'Slingshot' from the remoulded Superion limb!

6. Soundpulse

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Okay, Yeah. Thats true. I agree.

Humanity was just established that way, Men were built physically (But not necessarily mentally.) Superior women. We where born with a naturally instinct to use that ability to defend women, who reproduce. We're also hardwired to defend our offspring as just like everyother species. We are designed to Survive.

Society was raised apon that knowledge, although the men of the time did not consider it and became greedy and felt the need to be superior. Thus paving the way for a lack of women's rights for a long time. Our society is somewhat recovering from that. Both men and women idolize women's bodies. All songs are usually about Love, Sex, Emotions, Women. And Women in society have become an equal. Does this work on all levels? No, Less wages and (like you've said.) Lack of important roles in scripted media.

How long do you think it's going to take for it to balance out? You know that world has other problems right now, at least some parts do. Like the degration of morality. The rise cyberterrorism. Humanity as a whole is making history every damn day because we are the only species to ever get this far! Technologies, Media, So much more. It's never been done before and we as a species. The Only Species. The Superior Species. Have no fucking clue what we are doing except trucking along and fulfilling the basic need we've been programmed with.

Survive.
    Wanna make a movement for Female rights? Go places where it's needed most. The women of this world in the hellish places where men are still considered superior need you more then we do right now. Fight so they can have at least come to the same level as women in places like America of the UK are. Then leasts move forward with that, Towards becoming a united species.

8. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    But since the rest of the list has been officially confirmed, that means Lockdown has been officially confirmed as well!

9. Soundpulse

That makes no sense.

10. prfctcellrulz

News Credits:
    It does to me.

11. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    The rest of the list has basis and evidence. Lockdown was a rumor from a toy discussion site.

Same sight I think was behind the claims that John DeMaggio was voicing Jazz.

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I'm trying not to have a heart attack over some the actors I'm reading here, but... Motherhugging Jim Cummings is in it?!! I AM SO HAPPY!

13. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Wow, not sounding as noble as you think there, you actually come across as quite condescending. You're actually distracting from the point entirely. We're not talking about the plight of women world wide. The issue we're talking about is Transformers and it's related media and how, in this day and age, there really should be more of an effort to include more than the token female.

I agree with Femme, I even brought it up a few pages before she did. I could accept the kack if females in Prime where there were budget restraint but not here, no way. 27 characters and only 2 are female. What makes it worse are Airazor and Slipstream (2 characters most recognisable as femake) are suddenly male for no logical reason.

Would it have been so terrible to keep them female?

14. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Airazor hasn't existed in the Prime/Alinged continuity yet, so that could get a pass. Slipstream however was in WfC so it seems stupid to have changed her identity this much.

But eh, it's continuity and Hasbro, Aligned was never going to work properly.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Regardless of the female fanbase, it is still a toyline AIMED AT YOUNG BOYS.

It absolutely is a boy brand. But like any brand, boys and girls can enjoy it, but Hasbro is going to cater to their core demographic.

Broken record. My Little Pony has a male audience. They should cater to that make audience and put more make characters in it! Big Mac isn't enough.

Ugh. Yes, he is. It's a GIRL'S toy brand. You don't cater to the minority adult make fan anymore than you cater to an adult female fan of Transformers.

Arcee has huge representation in Prime. So they're definitely throwing a bone to the fans that want females in Transformers. If they made half the cast female, the toyline would likely tank because their target audience likely wouldn't want the toys.

Exactly.

My Little Pony
    Barbie
    Littlest Pet Shop
    Monster High
    Disney Princesses

There are few if ANY male characters in these brands and you don't see people going ape nuts over it. Why? They're GIRLS BRANDS. Let it go. (Great, now the Frozen song is in my head again) You're trying to make Transformers something it isn't and making it sound like some kind of feminist platform.

As long as my 6 year old son is happy with his Transformers, Hasbro is doing their job. My 4 year old daughter loves her ponies and Disney figures. It's all about the kids.

Let's also not forget that (as I said earlier) we have a record number of female characters available right now at the same time in the history of Transformers. You can buy Windblade, Arcee, Chromia, and Strongarm right now at the same time.

16. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

It's aimed at young boys when it should be aimed at children in general.

It's a boy brand because they choose for it to be, the whole point of this is having gendered franchises is problematic. They shouldn't be aimed at any specific gender, they should be aimed at anyone who is interested in them.

MLP has a male audience and Hasbro spends considerable time reassuring them it's fine for boys to like it. Meanwhile the female TF fandom gets largely ignored. They shouldn't cater to boys more because boys ALREADY GET 90% OF TV PROTAGONISTS.

Arcee was the token fembot, an entire gender being 'thrown a bone' is not acceptable. That's the whole fucking point. Boys get everything, girls have to make do with scraps and then put up with entitled, privileged over represented little shits telling us we should be fucking grateful.

And what do those franchises all have in common? They are extremely feminine, pink and girly. Nothing wrong with that, but it leaves the girls who aren't interested in that or who are interested in MORE than that with NOTHING. Not to mention that Disney princesses nearly all have their princes and most Disney princess films have more male characters than female characters who often do more to further the plot that the princesses who are quite passive, with some exceptions.

People don't go nuts over it because they still have many male characters, and they are very much the exceptions in a popular culture that is dominated by male driven franchises and primarily male characters. Most tv and Hollywood protagonists are male, most speaking roles are had by males, most background non speaking roles are male.

Franchises which are popular with girls but don't fall into the traditional 'girly' bracket continue to actively exclude girls and women, and when men try and defend it all they are saying is 'you can't have what I have' and that is not acceptable.

Yes, it is all about the kids, which is why kids should be able to choose what they like and be represented in what they like without having the older men who produce all of this stuff force gender roles on them.
    40% of the TF fandom is female, yet apparently because it makes your six year old son happy we are supposed to put up with being completely ignored and marginalised by Transformers and every other non-girly girl franchise out there. Fuck that.

We have four fucking fembots in IDW, compared to, what, a hundred male bots. The fact that is a record is simple indicative of how atrocious the Transformers fandom is with female representtion

Edit: This whole argument amounts to:
    'Even though females make up 40% of the fandom, they don't deserve to have that recognised or be represented in it because they aren't as important as the boys Hasbro has decided it is aimed at'
    If you can't see how utterly offensive and misogynist that is you are a deeply troubled person.

17. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The supposed Lockdown casting came from the same unofficial Facebook page as the 'John DiMaggio = Jazz' thing, which was proven to be nonsense by the reveal of the actual cast list. Ergo, the Lockdown casting is also BS.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see where you're getting this 40% number....

You keep going on about equal representation and I (and others) keep telling you it's aimed at young boys. It's aimed at young boys because Hasbro wants it that way. It's THEIR BRAND. They can aim it at whoever they feel will garner the most profit.

19. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

I linked you to the 40% number.. And before you start squealing about how you don't think it is accurate, until someone produces another methodically conducted survey of the TF fandom that is all the actual statistics we have.

So in your mind the way for Hasbro to garner the most profits is to actively ignore 40% of their consumer base by under representing and ignoring them? On the basis of an arbitrary decision that boys like robots and girls don't and in defiance of all actual evidence. Yes that makes perfect sense.

20. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I always find the TF/MLP comparison so broken because even though the main characters are female, males still get included. There are plenty of male characters in MLP from all walks of life, doing all sorts of jobs and in positions of power. I'm no fan of MLP but at least but I can respect that much. Transformers on the other hand, not so much. Females don't have to be up front and centre to buy included. Rescue Bots is aimed at even younger children but still makes the effort to include female characters as a normal part of everday life and as scientists, rescue workers, wives and mothers.