Robots deserve love too. AKA What are your favorite Transformers ships?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sharkteethies, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa Vox Destron

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    You can always just not argue with people and hear everything out, while presenting your own ideas. You're not morally obliged to argue with people over matters of personal taste :) 

I do find, when I run across a ship that I find completely baffling, that asking "why do you think that?" gets some interesting answers, as opposed to just going at the person with all the reasons why you think their idea is bad.

Whether Megs is a full on malignant narcissist really depends on continuity and characterisation. In my favourite continuities he does appear to have some empathy and concern for others, but the urgency of his cause makes him forget them until in time he becomes what he once despised. But there are certainly continuities in which that is 100% a valid interpretation of him.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Honorbound

Honorbound Bayverse Optimus was in the right.

Ebay:
    And shit like this is the other reason I've stayed out of this thread, this and that one guy who shipped Soundwave/Ravage. Yes, I know they're both sapient beings, but the end result still looks like a dude who wants to make out with his cat (or his mom in this case.) I know we're in a brave new world, but last I checked, incest and bestiality are still illegal (thank God). Please, for the love of all that is holy, please tell me you're trolling the thread.

@Ravage Stanixa For some ships, sure. For other things, like the ones mentioned above, I think I was wrong to stay out of it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    That one guy who ships Soundwave/Ravage is me. (But I'm a woman, just so you know.) But you hate IDW anyway, so it doesn't surprise me that you don't get why it's in no way bestiality.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

Pretty sure Streetcar is trolling. They're also on my ignore list, so I had to click "Show Ignored Content" just to know who you were quoting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Honorbound

Ebay:
    Ah, I'd forgotten who that was. It looks way too close to bestiality for me to let it go. And I don't hate IDW completely, just big sections of it. I've quoted Megatron in Chaos Theory endless times as an example of what I want Megatron to be, and the Decepticons as a galactic plague, reducing Armageddon to a six-step procedure is that they should be, you know, before IDW tried to have their shades of gray by dragging the Autobots down. As disappointingly as the DJD went out, their introduction and their cult-like worship of Megatron is something that future renditions of the franchise need to adapt (especially the latter part). And Sandstorm looking at the insane status quo of the post-war Cybertron and saying "no, this isn't right" is freaking awesome, even if he ends up being the antagonist of that story.

6. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Oh, and while I can't link to the fic here because it has spicy bits, this is the sort of thing that I write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ravage’s optics flared bright and she froze, except for the snap of her fingers that silenced the music. “What is it—?”

Soundwave’s HUD was flashing with angry colours that scraped at his nerves and threatened to disrupt his control of his frame. He couldn’t dismiss them fast enough. Ravage sank down to the floor with him, and only then did he realise he was once again down on his knees.

Soundwave was capable of massively parallel processing. As soon as Marissa Faireborn had sent him all the recordings of Blackrock’s conversations with Witwicky, he’d known there wasn’t time to listen consciously, and he’d been running a deep analysis routine on the data instead, picking it all apart faster than his surface mind could have managed. This jagged, writhing discordance was the shape of the data that he had compiled. He did not have the words to express exactly how much slag they were about to be in at the Earth Defence Council base in the Marshall Islands, but he felt it, clanging around in his fuel tank, his brain module and his ragged vents.

“Breathe,” Ravage said, and since his mind was already open to her, she flowed into his crashing systems, making him pull air in through his vents and push it back out again.

“The words are there,” she assured him. And that was good, because Marissa wouldn’t understand him in binary.

“Words: present,” he repeated after his own fashion, gazing into the light of her spark, which shone through her optics even with her chestplates closed, and let her be his lodestone, as she’d always been. Superfast calculations, cresting and breaking through the physicality of their rhythm, burned in his brain module. Ravage had put her coolant bottle up to his lips and tilted it up for him. He swallowed it as fast as she poured.

“Danger immediate?” Ravage asked, modulating her gentle voice to flow through his audials without any pain.

“Uncertain,” Soundwave choked out.

“Sanctuary in danger?”

“Not…not immediate.” Soundwave closed his optics, reached out through space for the relevant minds. Earth was full of humans, a constant low-level roar of unreadable and often ignorant noise. Marissa was hard to read even standing right next to him; she was impossible to find from Jupiter. But if something had happened to Marissa, the faint echo of Thundercracker would have been in a lot more distress—

Ravage waited, her field protective and soothing. “I’m here,” she said in loving redundancy.

“Help me.” Soundwave pulled his mind back into his body, but it was an effort to stand. Ravage was too small to support his weight, but she knew how to use her leverage and love to steady him, and she did.

“I know, we have to warn them,” she said. “Can you say it coherently, to the humans? Do you want me to translate?”

Soundwave shook his head. “Blackrock,” he said, “not human. Should have known. When I coded the virus. To get him out of my station, and Needlenose out of the Ark.” He ex-vented, slowly. “I love you,” he said, because it couldn’t be said enough. She didn’t say anything, because her field was full of love, and they both knew he could feel it.

This, Ravage: why Soundwave-self could not lead, why Galvatron permitted (remorse). Unknown (derogatory): Soundwave :: Starscream: Megatron. One glitch, Soundwave-self: ended. Why Ravage is Megatron’s heir (well-deserved, long-awaited).

“I’m here,” Ravage repeated, within and without. Here (now); here (forever). Soundwave: is safe. I am sorry that I did not leave as soon as I was well enough to control this body. But Galvatron would also have killed you for this. She was fighting herself not to imagine it while she was in his mind, but he’d felt it for just an instant, visceral. He knew: she would not make him soothe her. He wanted to, anyway.

Ravage was right. If he had glitched out in front of Galvatron, Galvatron would almost certainly have shot him. Three clear shots to destroy him forever, while he seized, unable to defend himself, and then all the people he cared for would be undefended as well. Unfit, as his mentors (they didn’t deserve the name, but he couldn’t call them parents) had said when they junked him.

Galvatron wore the badge, but he had never been a Decepticon. He cared nothing for the unfit, not even if they were useful. Soundwave had never consciously acknowledged how short their lives would have been under Galvatron’s rule, but he had always known. Had he really not wanted to live without Megatron? Was that the real reason that he had sent Ravage away—because Megatron was their protector, and life without him was meaningless? Was that why he had allowed Megatron to have her whenever he chose, even after the madness had taken him, so long as she didn’t object?

This process was bitterly painful, yet not as harsh and cutting as the shape of the data construct he needed to get out of his mind and download to something else (not Ravage, though she would have taken it; her brain wouldn’t handle it.) He forcibly shut down that process and locked it in the partition where all of the things he knew he would have to face later went, until it was safe.

Sanctuary: survival strategy. Survival-Destron, survival-self.

In that moment, he wondered how he could ever truly claim to be her Protector. How did the entire universe manage not to know she was his?

Ravage: brightspark. Ravage: beloved. Ravage: my queen in this world without royalty.

Ravage’s thoughts had crystalline purity: You are not unfit. Those people are stupid. I am not enough to lead Destron without you. We are whole, but we are a greater whole when we are together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

but feel free to tell me it's just like a dude making out with his cat and not, you know, two highly synaesthetic outliers with sensory processing disorders bolstering one another so they can take over their revolution from the guy that bungled it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Honorbound

Ebay:
    God, I hope so. This being the internet and the brave new world of 2021, I couldn't be sure.

8. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah. I don't actually care. <3 You're not the first person I've heard it from but they're both the same species, they're robots.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Honorbound

Ebay:
    Good for you. Now on to some actually sane ships:
    I could see RID15 Strongarm having a one-sided hero-worshipping crush on a G1-style Prowl who's a legendary police officer, before putting that crush aside and moving on with her life. Prowl in turn would have a family in my continuity, though I'm not sure with who. It wouldn't be Jazz, because my version of them are more like really good friends, like C.S. Lewis and J.R.R.Tolkien.

I actually liked Optimus and Blackarachnia as a Batman/Catwoman dynamic, before Blackarachnia crossed the line by mutating Wasp into Waspinator. I'm still sore about that.

Now for some fan-continuity ships.
    Rodimus Prime and Arcee are captain and first mate of the Lost Light, which is a colony ship loaded up with Autobot sympathizers who wanted no part of the collectivist hellhole the Federation was trying to build. They basically pointed their ship in a direction that said "away from the Federation" and blasted off. As to Rodimus and Arcee's dynamic, she's the sensible check on his recklessness, and he sometimes inspires her to let her metaphorical hair down and have some fun.

In my setting's ancient era, long before the Great War and even the Quintesson Era, Grimlock was a Conan-esque barbarian king who overthrew the Cityspeaker of Simfur (Cityspeakers were Titan-worshipping priest-kings who wielded Outlier powers and were mostly a bunch of power-hungry assholes. Think Zeus at best and the bloody Aztec gods at worst), while Windblade of Metroplex was the only Cityspeaker of the time worth a damn. The two got along very well, their nations were allies, and if fate hadn't interceded, something more might have come with it.

Chromia and Ironhide were also a husband/wife duo during the war, until Chromia lost Ironhide to one of Megatron's rust plagues. Chromia's dated once or twice since, but in her words, "he isn't Ironhide," so she never remarried.

My version of Optimus doesn't really get romantic attention - the only time any girl looks past his terrifying reputation (the man has the scary rep that Bayverse Optimus logically should have had) is right after he pulled her ass out of the fire and she's feeling grateful. And he's not the kind of person to take advantage of that gratitude, so he shuts her down. Not that that situation happens that often. Other than that and Marissa Faireborn developing an attraction over time (that he's absolutely clueless about - he's shonen hero levels of dense in this regard), the only time he was ever in a relationship with Elita One, and he believes that his actions got her killed (and indirectly got the Great War started by letting Megatron get ahold of a McGuffin that Megatron then used to found a cult calling themselves the Ascenticons), so like I said earlier, he's been in that guilt/grief hole for four centuries and counting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chobits15

Chobits15 Well-Known Member

Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    My God, get your head out of the gutter.

11. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

You might actually earn some respect in this thread if you dialed back the attitude. This isn't a thread for arguing or insulting one another.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Scrapmaker

I will be perfectly honest, I can't imagine most Megatron's in any ship that isn't literally a spaceship. G1 Megs I guess I can kind of see the logic behind the Megatron/Starscream ship but not really in any others. And even then it's obviously a mutually toxic, abusive one. I suppose there is Beast Megatron's unsettling fixation on Dinobot - he clones him once in season one, makes some cyborg raptors as part of a test for his next plan in season 3, which leads into the creation of Dinobot II, another clone of Dinobot without any of his sense of honor and only his battle hungry tendencies and skill as a warrior. I mean obviously it's because he's a sociopath who only values others based on how useful they are to him, and he always wanted a warrior of Dinobot's caliber at his disposal, but still, he's clearly fixated on Dinobot.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Wafer

Wafer King Kong Aventure Fuck

That's what I'm saying, the plot of Beast Wars is driven by Dinobot and Megatron's messy breakup :lolol 
    (Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to make this joke)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Honorbound

Ebay:
    In any other context, you'd have a point there. But given that the topic at hand is shipping Soundwave and a character that looks like his freaking cat, I think some attitude is called for. Either way, it looks like @Ravage Stanixa are already going our separate ways in mutual disdain.

I'd argue that Megatron's fixation on Dinobot falls more under narcissistic control urges, regardless of romance. Megatron's pissed that Dinobot isn't answering to him anymore, so Megatron creates a Dinobot that will. But either way, Megatron and shipping go together like sewage and soup.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scrapmaker

Which is why I added the point about him being a sociopath. At the end of the day, BW Megatron is a narcissistic sociopath who only cares for himself - the only ship he deserves is with himself (or his rubber ducky), and even then the two of them would probably find a reason to backstab each other to further their own goals.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Honorbound

Ebay:
    Pretty much. I don't think that he'd be able to tolerate a true romantic partner as an equal - if he did get into a relationship, he'd be the guy with either an abused, terrified spouse or a string of women that he uses (or both).

• Like Like x 2
  17. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    He only said sane ships. Why are you taking offence to that?

This shouldn't degrade into a thread about insane nonsensical ships, which I am sure you would agree. We aren't like those toxic She-Ra shippers here.

19. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

Don't you all know the only person BW Megatron ever felt genuine love for was his rubber ducky? Grief over the loss of his closest commander was the main catalyst to him becoming the man he is in Beast Machines.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

I know you can't see this, but I'd like to apologize. Knowing that I've irritated someone enough for them to block me makes me feel bad. I didn't come here to upset people.