Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cassettes scale is whack though in the toon. Like you say sometimes they are much closer to the other bots, other times Frumble would be human sized and Ravage would be like an actual big cat. For me the MMC cassettes are too big, especially anywhere near a human, even the bigger scale 3P ones. And they just gotta fit inside Soundwave!

Nah man - chose slow shipping!

• Like Like x 1
  2. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic Well-Known Member

Email TJ IMMEDIATELY and ask for the waitlist. If you email them today, I can almost guarantee that you'll get one.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The mold is looking kinda QC problematic so far, I will wait for the KO. Maybe they can fix some of the issues like they tend to do and if they dont because they go with a direct 1 to 1 KO, the cheaper price will make the QC issues more tolerable. This goes double for a so called V2 Soundwave.

• Like Like x 3
  4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    It's a good mold, lack of waist swivel aside. Takara though has this particular skill of turning gold into poo.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Kevin Adams

Kevin Adams Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yes! That is the problem, and you are right, it's a good looking mold and I was a little surprised to start seeing issues right away and what some are.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

I normally much prefer takara designs, but I'm tired of the shoddy quality. I don't have a lot, but every fanstoys item I've ever bought has been rock solid perfection as far as build and finish

• Like Like x 3
  8. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I totally forgot to check Toy Dojo at 2PM CT, but it sounds like I had no shot anyway, LOL!

I wasn't totally sure I wanted to commit $370 to Soundwave and the tapes, so I guess it's all good. I hate Fans Toys anyway. (I love their products, but hate everything else that goes into trying to own these damn toys)

• Like Like x 1
  9. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Due to the brand change and the thumbnail, I thought this was legends class until I looked closer and read the article lol.

Glad this doesn't look better than the Takara MP Soundwave. If it actually had looked better, I'd be pretty pissed off that I missed the preorders. Seriously, what the fuck is up with this company and providing enough stock.

10. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I'm not an MP collector anymore but I'm a sucker for certain characters...and flipping Soundwave is one of them. Preordered just SW at Baba and both SW and tapes and Bombusbee (first order). I wanted to get one from Toydojo (always my fav) but it sold out as I was checking out.

11. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    What’s even more hilarious is, now some people with “perfect copies” (yeah right lmaoooo), are now going: “ehh .. maybe I’ll future the ankles.”

I honestly don’t believe anyone at this point who claims theirs is perfect. It’s rather “easy” to glide your eyes over issues and not have them “click” that there is indeed an issue.

I don’t care enough to be an detective and ask for photographic evidence — but yeah — at this point I don’t believe a single one of them.

The plastic on someone else’s copy isn’t magically “better” or “worse” than “yours” is. They’re all the ****ing same.

Hooly crap the zealotry/TT simp-like behavior is on a whole ‘nother level in that thread.
    —-

Love this guys bot and alt mode. TT’s is horrible compared to this.

Bring on the Blaster reveals!

12. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

Taobao seller list it for 880 yuan or around $135
    And the rest of the family for 500 yuan or $77
    upload_2021-7-8_2-48-57.png
    I am definitely gonna buy it from Taobao

• Like Like x 3
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Was just about to post this myself because these guys are one of the easiest retailers I've ever dealt with.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WheeljackDude

WheeljackDude Well-Known Member

(scratches head)

I wonder if RP-01 can hold three cassettes at once like the MP-13...

And also Robot Paradise should also make Acoustic Blaster (the black version with the red tape door), along with Ratbat, Wingthing, Buzzsaw, and Enemy...

15. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  16. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Life as a fanstoys collector must be hell. Maybe even worse than being a gi joe classified collector lol

Yeah, I ended up with them. I prefer dealing with US sites. They didn't have the cassettes that I could find

• Like Like x 2
  17. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This is exactly how I feel with all the Toyworld Constructors with so many of the screw posts shattering all over them. Some swear they have a perfect one when they got lucky for it not to be broken in the box and made it to the shelf to be displayed and not touched. The problems are there and just haven't been discovered yet or it hasn't been moved to make it break yet!

• Like Like x 1
  18. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Lol why is it impossible to believe? Takara probably made 10,000-15,000 of each, and lots of people have had little to no problems. I’ve chatted with some toy retailers and they had a return rate of around 10% for Hound. Far less than the number required to equal a catastrophe. Means 90% have no issues or nothing major worth complaining about. I have a Hound and Starscream with no issues. Not a chip on them. No fractures at all. I inspect my Hound monthly for anything that could develop. I’m not a “TT Simp” either (how degrading and snobby of you, as well… you sure don’t act better than those you criticize). If Transform Element or another 3p released a better cartoon accurate Hound, my mp47 would be on eBay faster than light. I’m also not a Fanstoys Fansboi coz I’ve had plenty of issues with their product too. My FT Willis has floppy ankle syndrome.

Anyway, these are just toys, and we are all adult geeks and nerds collecting toys based on our love for a cartoon. It’s bad enough coworkers and family look at us like we’re mentally ill. Creating tribes among us is just petty and stupid. Love or hate a toy and move on, and allow others that same right.

Your forum name should be “Propaganda” not “Honesty”

• Like Like x 5
  19. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, I at least got my pre-orders in for this. I saw on the Hiss site that target was re releasing their exclusives and thought, hey, maybe I can finally get classified Baroness with the COIL cycle! And I get on, and it's the only one that's sold out. Friggin scalpers, man!

• Like Like x 3
  20. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He’s definitely better from office master piece soundwave figure now some people don’t need complain about eyes they give you option no buzzsaw , bat