Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe the comparison being made is these FT cassettes to a full legends figure - not legends cassettes. At 40 USD a pop these cassettes are comparable in price to legends figures, but you're getting a lot more figure arguably with legends - hence bigger, etc. Its a fair point, but nobody expects FT pricing to be sane these days! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

the mmc tapes are also WAY bigger, more similar what we'd come to think of based on the carton (i mean rumble the blue one was almost hound sized in the first episode right?) sizing. that unfortunately makes teh tapes not compatible in tape mode with anything but a real size cassette box (never mind the originals and mp are microcassette exact size!). the birds are too big though (they were always shown fairly small in the toon), but the ravage is like perfect size. Anyway i got sidetracked....they cost 60 or so each cuz its way more content and size than these guys. these guys at 30 a piece is pricey but not horrible its just the 4 pack sticker shock that got most people....that and they are not much bigger or better than the takara ones.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

Not buying these, but great Primus, these look absolutely sublime. Chef\'s kiss. Glorious.

4. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Just thinking aloud what Takara could do for their 2.0 Soundwave… besides skinny thighs, I’m guessing maybe some sonic ring effects? An Energon cube? The rover cassette? I doubt they’ll redo the cassettes. Laserbeak is perfect. FRumble were fine. Ravage was atrocious.

Takara would really have to release something jaw dropping to top this… more than just a tampographed decepticons logo.

that being said… anyone seen rub or water slide decals of the toon decepticon logo the mp’s are using now?

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Did Baba ever have the tapes up?

6. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the chances of a SoundBlaster release? I need that!

7. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Soundwave looks magnificent, after the initial uncoloured prototype pics I was a bit lukewarm to it but this looks magnificent, the colours are spot on I would have preferred a flat blue but whatever they're using works as well. He looks amazing although I'm sure TT's will be better I'm sure it won't be by a whole lot! Anyway as gorgeous as this is I'm passing as TT will definitely make this guy and if he's anything like MP-52 he will be better and cheaper.

The cassettebots with the exception of Laserbeak look like ass. Rumble and frenzy look off, their proportions? And that gaudy blue that screams high end collectible wannabe....MEH! Ravage looks like he's had to much breakfast, lunch and dinner.

My suspicions exactly and like I said earlier if MP-52 is anything to go by TT's version will be better than this, not by a whole lot and definitely cheaper.

Have you gotten your MP-52 from AE yet?

True, as much as I like MP-13 he's beginning to show his age when put next to the likes of MP-36,29 and 52!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Well I got my pre-orders in, but DAMN are these prices and Fans Toys preordering really taking the fun out of this whole thing.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His post still demonstrates that the tapes are about the same size as a 'leader' legends fig. Which now can cost upwards of 50 or 60 bucks.

11. Skullox

Skullox Well-Known Member

Anyone know offhand if Toydojo or Ages3andup charge sales tax for California buyers? If not I may try with them and give up my TFSource order to take a little bit of the sting off.

12. Gaius Freeman

Gaius Freeman Well-Known Member

I'm thinking "Robot Paradise" gets dubbed over the G1 S1 intro, in place of "...robots in disguise..."

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Must.....resist......scale debate.......hhhrrrrrnnnnngggghhhhh

• Like Like x 2
  14. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FT hasn't been repaint heavy since the Dinobots, but I would think SoundBlaster has a fairly high odds of happening since he was in the (Japanese) cartoon. They have shown clearly Headmasters characters before (Fortress instead of Cerebros), so a character from it that is just a simple repaint makes sense. Personally I had no use for the Takara SoundBlaster back in the day, but if FT's comes with the toy version parts I would probably get it to have both looks on display.

15. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

lol i specifically avoided that word!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Evolv3d

Evolv3d Well-Known Member

Nope, they do not.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

YouTube (Handle):
    I dunno, the blue looks a bight bright to me based on those pics. Also, where's Buzzsaw? Are they doing that shit where they sell the main fig, then multiple packs of the cassettes? Urgh.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I can imagine MP SW v2 would be more so 370 might not be bad.

19. Rubber John

Rubber John Toei all the way

Ebay:
    I am appreciating more and more how Bombusbee / Nathan releases his figures in batches.
    This has helped out so many times now and I need to express that if people think that they have missed out on pre-orders.... keep checking Bombusbee.

I was totally out of the game when Acoustic Wave got announced this morning and I didn't care that throughout the day, I was missing all of the pre-orders.
    By the time I got home from work... Hmm, Bombusbee has a bunch. What the hell. Purchase.

Separate note: I totally expect a Soundwave 2.0 to be announced soon.

20. Runabout

Runabout Well-Known Member

Paradise Robots... Reminds me on Paradise City from GnR... "take me down to the paradise robots, where the $$ are green and the bots looks pretty.."

The cassettes looks much better than Takara's Cassettes... I'm in!

• Like Like x 1