Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to get this dude but not for this much. 370 for Soundwave and four cassettes is a bit steep. I could do 300, maybe 320 for the set if they throw in Buzzsaw and Ratbat. Looks fantastic though regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    This might be the one time I buy an FT product for an investment.

for the record, this thread was quite the shiteshow last night.

• Like Like x 2
  3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Put in a preorder with bbts. Not sure how much I want to upgrade, but it's Soundwave and I'm a sucker for Soundwave figures.

4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I wonder, is Rumble/Frenzy Fanstoys' first alternate character repaint? As in, not just an alternate version of the same character but a competely different character?

5. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just general G1 burnout overall.

I'm really wishing for either more post-Sunbow years guys or some fresh takes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

I will say, I'm happy that Ft...er RP did more research of the look of Soundwave's legs than most official Hasbro licensees, who apparently stopped at the first google image result(which is an incorrect fan color):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty comfortable passing on this. I'll keep my Masterpiece Soundwave until Hasbro decides to upgrade him themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    Oh god. What have I done?

I just got one at BBTS. I think I'll only get sounders and not the cassettes. Well, there goes the money for the second copy I was going to get of haslab victory saber.

10. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Kind of a confusing rebrand. Yesterday i saw the notifications "robot paradise acoustic wave" and thought a new 3rd party was using the same name as Fans Toys for a legends scale or something.

Then 20 minutes ago BBTS emailed me "Fans Toys Robot Paradise Acoustic Wave"

God damnit. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I've really wondered where things go from here, because I definitely collect for enjoyment and value, but one thing that I am fairly convinced of: a lot of the complaining from people "unable" to get certain figures isn't legitimate and what they're actually upset about is that they weren't able to get them at the cheapest going rate possible in order to be able to then resell them at a steep markup on Ebay.

There are an awful lot of people who claim that they're upset about "not being able to find" a figure that a) is still available at only slightly more than the going rate and b) they've already claimed to own.

It is. I love that the scalping industry is at least temporarily taken down a peg, but it also has eliminated some of the urgency and sense of excitement at making a truly great find. Plus, it's just difficult to justify new purchases outside of the core, five or ten characters who I'm still missing. One I finish the Seekers, I'm going to have to seriously reconsider whether or not I need to routinely buy new stuff.

The sleek, clean look is a game-changer for me. I always hated the exposed wiring/robotics they'd add to the toys when the cartoon characters always looked like living creatures and not tape players that someone converts into a giant statue.

12. The brown note

The brown note Well-Known Member

Tfs pre orders go up Fri (I think, its on their facebook) so you have an extra couple of days to agonise over the decision

13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pretty much. Not positive I’ll keep the preorder, but I put one in as the official ravage pretty much sucked and this Lazerbeak looks like a bit of an improvement as well. My official sound wave is just fine. The tapes may have been the first mp molds I passed on (can’t remember).

• Like Like x 1
  14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Force Chip Ignition! Super Mod

News Credits:
    He looks really cool but me being nitpicky wishes the gold chrome was a matte yellow instead.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how they have gotten around the issue of keeping the cassettes the same size as MP (and real micro-cassettes) whilst still giving the bot mode a more accurate smaller chest. By making the gold rectangle smaller, but the actual opening is the same size, just the seam is somewhat outside of the gold rectangle.

16. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

I'd rather wait on the inevitable 2.0 from Takara. He was great for the time, but MP Soundwave is showing his age - especially the cassettes. I'm wagering he's up next for the Decepticon side of things, followed by Coneheads in the new seeker mold. It'll be a cold day in Hell before we get official Insecticons, I guess :( 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I just ordered it for Ravage honestly, it definitely puts the Takara version to shame. If I end up liking Rumble and Laserbeak, maybe I'll keep them too?

18. Autobahn Jazz

Autobahn Jazz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly what I said a 2 pages back. Not digging the chrome. Again, looks great for toy mode, but it takes away from toon mode.

19. teemu8

teemu8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still think Takara's MP-13 looks nicer

• Like Like x 5
  20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits: