Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're right. I definitely blew it out of proportion and tried to push my sense of value onto you. I'm sorry about that. Let me have another look at your original post - I'm sure it was completely innocuous and well meaning and I just read something into it...

... dude. You don't wanna be condescended to? Maybe stop throwing stones.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    Condescend all u like. Didn't say anything about that either. Snarky comments on the internet are nothing. Im pointing out that its not silly to like something that you dont. Shouldnt have to explain this to an adult(im assuming)

• Like Like x 2
  3. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.

But then again this is a FT thread so. Should not surprise you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

I wonder if the asshole who stole my Acoustic Wave is enjoying it?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Statistically, the thief probably isn't someone who is interested in TFs. He'll probably sell it. It's possible someone on this very forum will end up unknowingly buying it on ebay, and one day you'll end up seeing a picture they post without ever realizing it's a picture of your rightfully owned Acoustic Wave.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude. I know that's all true but damn, that kinda' hurts and it's not even my Soundwave.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mafai susu

Mafai susu Banned

Maybe I’m wrong but I just assumed die cast was more expensive than plastic o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  8. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Super cool! I got worried at first when I rushed to get it shipped and didnt see tracking register til a day and a half later and then still disappointed in our postal system showing it would get there tomorrow. Its overall not a bad ship time but we're neighbors being one state over. I know it's that time of year and all shippers are overwhelmed right now but they have to understand that you can't keep us collectors from our plastic crack! The withdrawal is horrendous! Glad to see it in your possession though!

9. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will admit that pic of Prime is white but Soundwave is clearly gray. Like everything else things are so inconsistent so I resort to the average and most of the time they are colored light gray which I believe is their low budget way of coloring metal.

10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably. I mean I'm not 100% sure but it sure seems like it would be. But so what? I watch these reviews where the reviewer can't even tell if any parts are die cast without tapping them with a screwdriver to see what they sound like. That means the die cast makes no difference whatsoever to the figure's look. It doesn't affect how it displays or its shelf presence or whatever you want to call it. All it does is make it heavier. Assuming the plastic quality is halfway decent, there is no advantage whatsoever to making a part die cast (again, unless it helps the figure to balance or it's used in a place where plastic wouldn't hold up). If anything, die cast is a liability since it's just grey metal under the paint - any paint chips will completely ruin the figure's look while plastic is usually roughly the same color as the paint and doesn't suffer nearly as much. But we've been kinda' programmed over the years to think of heavy figures as superior to lightweight figures so they'll keep throwing in the die cast so they can charge more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

TF factories work on plastic. The diecast work needs to be contracted out to another factory. That by itself increases costs.

I don't have anything to back that up, but this is what other members have mentioned. I think it makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

What's funny is one of Fanstoys' strongest points is the high quality plastic they use. Maybe its because I'm a 90s kid, but I've got more of an appreciation for sturdy, high quality plastic than I do for diecast. My old Ninja Turtles and Beast Wars figs had this thick, durable plastic that felt like it was designed to handle a good rough play session, not like the fragile cheap stuff that Hastak uses nowadays. Fanstoys and a few other 3rd parties are the only ones nowadays who seem able to use good plastic anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mafai susu

Mafai susu Banned

Doesn’t suffer as much paint chipping with plastic? If that is what you meant, how do you know this I wonder.

14. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

I've only just realised the artwork is based on FT-02.

15. TransformerFanatic

Totally agree. I like diecast pretty well but high quality plastic is something that sets a figure apart.

Heft is related to panel thickness as well as plastic density. These two factors ABSOLUTELY matter for the longevity of a figure.

• Like Like x 4
  16. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Bombusbee got back to me about my missing FIBRIR guns. They asked me to send a pic of the missing parts (lol!). I sent them this but either it wasn’t sufficiently clear or they didn’t look at it. They want another picture. It’s a little hard for me to send a pic of something that isn’t there.

Can anybody post a clear picture of either ONLY the small guns for the cassette or a picture of all the contents of the package that includes those? The official pics from Robot Paradise don’t have them for some reason.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What? No. I said plastic that's colored the same as the paint doesn't suffer as much, not that it doesn't chip. Because if your red paint chips off of red plastic, it's not nearly as obvious as when the same red paint chips off dark grey die cast.

• Like Like x 2
  18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Also high quality joints through the proper use of ratchets.

• Like Like x 3
  19. TransformerFanatic

Ratchets add a TON to longevity and that doesn't get mentioned nearly enough!

Especially ankle and hip ratchets! Those are so key.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Energon Goodie

Energon Goodie Well-Known Member

Hi @transformer_78 really interested in your add on kits/improvement pieces would you be able to ship to the UK? Would love to order some. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1