Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I am a designer, so I needed a very good computer (laptop) to run SolidWorks' very large assemblies, besides I had the money and I wanted to treat myself.

I bought a Dell for the warranty, available support in my country and because the other Workstations didn't meet my requirements.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Abominal1

Abominal1 Well-Known Member

I live in Springfield also and I’ve been noticing the gradual decline of giving a crap about doing the job properly at the KC center over the last year, along with all the facilities east of Mississippi River who rarely scan packages. They are starting to get bad about packages processing through them to another facility out of state then back to them then to the correct facility here in Springfield. A few months back I had a package from Iowa, the state directly above us, arrive at the KC to transfer to Dallas back to KC transfer out to Colorado back to KC then to Illinois then back to KC before finally coming to Springfield. So what would be a 12ish hour round trip drive for me to go and get the package turned into an extra week before it being delivered.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

Finally got mine from bombussbee. Great figure will be selling my toys r us edition with all tapes and noneff eyes now.

4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Megatron's already had more attempts at MP style figures than pretty much anyone else (I can think of 6 so far). What are the odds that the next one will finally be as perfect as you're asking?

G1 Megatron needs to be a handgun, otherwise it's not G1 Megatron. And the laws of physics place different limitations on someone who turns into a handgun compared to someone who turns into a jet, truck, or cassette player. Especially when said character had so many changes made to their robot mode in the cartoon.

Or another way of looking at it, look at the G1 toys for Prime, Soundwave, Starscream, and Megatron. Megatron has improved sooooo much more than the others because he started off so much worse. Meanwhile someone like Soundwave barely had to change at all in comparison.

Honestly the fact that they were able to get such a toon accurate robot mode to turn into a handgun still feels downright miraculous. And while he's not as clean as certain other figures in my collection, he's still way cleaner and more accurate than what characters like Prowl, the Constructicons, the Combaticons, Sideswipe, Blaster, the Dinobots, Reflector, etc etc etc have, so he's way down the list of characters who need a toonier option to be made.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  5. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Yeah slightly off topic but Wei Jang gave it a good go!
    upload_2021-11-28_8-38-1.png

the feet aren’t amazing but they do incorporate the extended stock. Clean back and good proportions. Someone could easily use this as a basis for improvement.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Manoftheyear2k

Manoftheyear2k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those who ordered from Bombusbee, does USPS take over for 4PX shipper? I got a message in my tracking today saying that "Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location" what does that mean? How do I address it with USPS since 4PX tracking number doesn't work on USPS website?

7. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

Here's mine, many thanks to idarkdesign here on the boards for the cartoon-blue insert! That was really the last thing he needed to really come alive for me!

20211127_125749.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  8. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

That right there would probably be my main Megatron if it was mp scale, feet notwithstanding (no pun intended)

• Like Like x 1
  9. imest

imest Well-Known Member

Baba finally got back to me but the $10 off coupon is not active anymore. Anyone have any coupon for Baba?

10. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    MP-36 is way better than that thing imo.

• Like Like x 11
  11. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    I was given a USPS tracking number when a label was created stateside for the shipment but when it got here there are multiple updates to the tracking that DHL is handling it. I wouldn't know who to specifically contact. No access is bullshit and I've had that happen before and called USPS on it. I was told the driver said a car was blocking the mail box which was a car parked on the street in normal fashion with the last foot of it directly in line with the mail box. I guess it was too much effort to stop a few feet back from where the driver normally pulls up and walk to the box. Some drivers here throw a fit if they can't pull up next to the boxes and put your mail in from their truck.

12. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Only this one for $5 NMZCFW7ZER82

• Like Like x 1
  13. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

As an overall toy yes, but that was not what this post is about. If you look at these from the back Megamaster is far better, proportion-wise he’s better as well. MP-36 has better articulation and materials etc but they’re totally different price points.

it is possible to have an amazing megaton though

• Like Like x 1
  14. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    Thanks! Happy you're satisfied with it.

Thanks everyone else too for the orders!

• Like Like x 2
  15. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Fixed!

:D 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

Pic with Constructor because why not.

IMG_20211128_185959.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  17. RebelM

RebelM Well-Known Member

That sums up those on the front line vs office workers!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

Lol yeah, upper management and physical labor worker(s) in this case.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

Acoustic wave superior, Constructor inferior.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I liked that so much that I just ordered one too.
    I dont even have acoustic yet but when it gets here i'm putting the insert in asap.

• Like Like x 1